Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 10:45 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,190,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post

Anyone that says Democrats are anti-war are not paying attention.
So true.

Last election cycle was so irritating listening to McCain, Palin, Guliani, and company talking about how pro-war there credentials were, and claiming dems to not be so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 11:00 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
thnik its more the confusion that has them thinking. Obama never consulted congress;the plannig was after fact;there was never even any case of national security .now we see the US leading but not controlling the fight and o f course the cost. We see contimuig slipage on what the end game is and the arab states flip-flopping plus the europeans aguing evrything.Basically if Bush had done this there would be impeachment screams and hearings already from the left.What I see is a change in Democrtas with only the far left complaining showing how little their numbers really are;myself.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:01 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
I'll tell you what I find incredibly hypocritical.

Painting ALL of those espouse a fiscally conservative viewpoint as:

a. Pro-war
b. birther
c. anti-[insert your minority of choice here]
d. conspiracy theorist
e. far rightwing religious fanatic.

Assuming anything about anyone based upon the label you give them speaks volumes about your own intelligence and tolerance of anyone who thinks differently than you do.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:04 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
So true.

Last election cycle was so irritating listening to McCain, Palin, Guliani, and company talking about how pro-war there credentials were, and claiming dems to not be so.
I don't get it..so you're proud that Obama has become a warmonger just like his predecessor?

You want to see some hypocrisy? Here's candidate Obama, a much different man than President Obama..

Quote:
The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation. In instances of self-defense, the President would be within his constitutional authority to act before advising Congress or seeking its consent. History has shown us time and again, however, that military action is most successful when it is authorized and supported by the Legislative branch. It is always preferable to have the informed consent of Congress prior to any military action.
Boston Globe questionnaire on Executive Power

Old 03-27-2011, 11:32 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,190,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
thnik its more the confusion that has them thinking. Obama never consulted congress;the plannig was after fact;there was never even any case of national security .now we see the US leading but not controlling the fight and o f course the cost. We see contimuig slipage on what the end game is and the arab states flip-flopping plus the europeans aguing evrything.Basically if Bush had done this there would be impeachment screams and hearings already from the left.What I see is a change in Democrtas with only the far left complaining showing how little their numbers really are;myself.
Actually Bush did the same thing..and the Democrats fully supported it.

Basically what I find interesting is that on the right, everyone paints Democrats to be non-war oriented.

I find they are basically the same thing.

-------

To the other posters who think that if I criticize Republicans, I am therefore a Democrat. I am neither one.

I find them both extremely hypocritical. I just find Republicans more hypocritical. I didn't see anything in the past that didn't say that Obama/Dems wouldn't do something like this. It's consistent there.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:55 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Smile They're tribal

Quote:
Incredibly hypocritical, but last election, we saw Guliani and McCain and other Republicans talking about how more pro-war each would be if elected. I wonder if they were to be running right now, we'd be hearing about war costs money, etc.

Look...

The right wing mndset is not at all nuanced or complex.

"If Obama does it, it's bad. If one of us does it, it's good."

Nothing more to it than that.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Incredibly hypocritical, but last election, we saw Guliani and McCain and other Republicans talking about how more pro-war each would be if elected. I wonder if they were to be running right now, we'd be hearing about war costs money, etc.
I bet they would have followed the laws to get permission to attack...

Old 03-27-2011, 12:03 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Only until a Republican is back in the white house.

Many conservatives "We should have a no fly zone in Libya"

Obama goes to the world community, gets a consensus, enacts the no fly zone

Now "Oh, we shouldn't have a no fly zone in Libya".

Many of these men and womens hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I at least respect Dick Luger, at least he's be consistent.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:04 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
Actually Bush did the same thing..and the Democrats fully supported it.

Basically what I find interesting is that on the right, everyone paints Democrats to be non-war oriented.

I find they are basically the same thing.

-------

To the other posters who think that if I criticize Republicans, I am therefore a Democrat. I am neither one.

I find them both extremely hypocritical. I just find Republicans more hypocritical. I didn't see anything in the past that didn't say that Obama/Dems wouldn't do something like this. It's consistent there.
I don't really care which party you align yourself with or who you find to be more hypocritical. The fact of the matter is that the anti-war protesters (read: liberals) were out in force and extremely vocal during Bush's reign and are for the most part eerily silent now but for a few. That = hypocrisy.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:09 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
Not all conservatives were pro-Iraq war. It was the neoconservatives. Neocons have plenty of influence in this administartion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies