Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:35 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sure, there is a difference. Now.

But back then, the Repubs and Conservatives were on the same team. And they were quite united in their support of Bush. I'm hearing all of this divisiveness now, but it was non-existent back then. You were all loving the man back then...slavishly in fact.
Oh...okay you WERE wrong,just as I first stated.

you were wrong,there were conservatives that opposed the Bush,you simply deny it to fit your own beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 01:44 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

you were wrong,there were conservatives that opposed the Bush,you simply deny it to fit your own beliefs.
Look...there may be conservatives, and there may be Republicans. But truthfully, i don't make a distinction. You all line up and vote for the same people at the end of the day. Sure, you'll all come here and bicker a little bit, but when the ballot box is open, the names will be the same on both of your ballots.

And i'll give you some credit on a personal level since i find it quite plausible that you disliked Bush since you seem to have some minor isolationist views that seem to run counter to unnecessary wars of choice. I'll grant that. But still, you'd take Bush over Kerry or Gore. So to me, that makes you a Republican....even if you aren't actually registered as one.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:47 PM

You mean like there is no difference between Dems and leftists?

So even though you might dislike that Obama got us in another war,you will vote for him because all that really matters to you is your party winning....

Why would I vote for Kerry or Gore,both of whom are opposite to my ideology?

Again,there is more than two choices,no matter what you have been told.

Just because you and others are frightened to stray off the reservation doesn't mean there isn't a choice.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:49 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
I think the beloved media along with liberal professors have for years painted conservatives as war mongers. I think most do support military action when it is deemed that the invading country poses a threat to our interest or our country. Where as the liberal left had in the past supported few wars if any and would protest just about any action taken by our government, with far more vigor when a repulican president was in office. Do people think that the left will now support any and all invasions/bombings by Obama and company now without explaining the mission or the desired result? I think not. At least the far left has shown that there is some discord within the democratic party. Michael Moore has come out against Obama and he was a icon for the left up till now, and OMG Joan Baez stated that she is through with Obama. Only the die hard supporters on this forum who are either blinded by the light or the ones working for whatever Communtiy Action group the white house puts together to argue silly usless points.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
You mean like there is no difference between Dems and leftists?

So even though you might dislike that Obama got us in another war,you will vote for him because all that really matters to you is your party winning....

Why would I vote for Kerry or Gore,both of whom are opposite to my ideology?

Again,there is more than two choices,no matter what you have been told.

Just because you and others are frightened to stray off the reservation doesn't mean there isn't a choice.
I'm a Dem and a leftist. So for me, no, there is no difference. That is unless of course, that leftist happens to hate Dems and doesn't vote Dem.

But i submit that all righties...Repubs and conservatives voted for Bush. Sure, YOU may not have, but that boat you're riding in must be pretty lonely. In fact, i know it is.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:53 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:

You are right. We opposed the invasion of Irag and felt that the intellegence community was tar babieing the US into getting rid of Sadam. I am glad he is gone, he was just as bad as any barbarian in history and his love of tearing out the tounges of his victims or putting them feet first into wood chippers, should have rasied the hair on the necks of the UN if the Un really does stand for human rights. Ya think? All in all, glad he is gone, but did not think the mission would have gone far enough...as usual.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I'm a Dem and a leftist. So for me, no, there is no difference. That is unless of course, that leftist happens to hate Dems and doesn't vote Dem.
So you support the current war because your party supports it....

Quote:
But i submit that all righties...Repubs and conservatives voted for Bush. Sure, YOU may not have, but that boat you're riding in must be pretty lonely. In fact, i know it is.
you know little actually,you are basing it off your own experiences and refuse to think otherwise.

You have already shown yourself to be bigoted when it comes to differing political views so excuse me if I find your statements of 'fact' to be lacking.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
You are right. We opposed the invasion of Irag and felt that the intellegence community was tar babieing the US into getting rid of Sadam. I am glad he is gone, he was just as bad as any barbarian in history and his love of tearing out the tounges of his victims or putting them feet first into wood chippers, should have rasied the hair on the necks of the UN if the Un really does stand for human rights. Ya think? All in all, glad he is gone, but did not think the mission would have gone far enough...as usual.
I would think the same leftists who support their guy going to war for 'humanitarian reasons' must logically support overthrowing Saddam as he was much more violent and oppressive of his own people.

But then to think that way would require leftists to have morals that are based on something more than party.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:07 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Uh uh...perhaps you weren't READING?

I said that i nearly got into fistfights with a few overly emotional Bush fans back in his early years over the wars. Fights they were going to lose, mind you, but the pro-Bush fanaticism ran VERY HIGH back then among those who now consider themselves Tea Partiers. And that fanaticism only abated when it became clear that his policies were so unpopular that it doomed any Repub running for the White House or Congress.

But at his peak? Oh no...there was NO Republican opposition to his policies worth noting. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Donut. Niente. Keine.

Really? You should look at issues of The American Conservative and The New American.

And you should look at the Republicans in Congress that voted against Iraq and much of Bush's spending. They also happen to be the ones that are rated the most conservative.

These are just a few examples of hundreds of conservatives that didn't care for George Bush all that much.

Aint those people's fault if you didn't bother to see what they were saying.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I would think the same leftists who support their guy going to war for 'humanitarian reasons' must logically support overthrowing Saddam as he was much more violent and oppressive of his own people.

But then to think that way would require leftists to have morals that are based on something more than party.
So you're part of the same hypocrisy then, huh? So you DID support the overthrow of Saddam!

I knew it all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies