Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 12:18 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times

Advertisements

Obama's war for oil?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 12:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
So, we went to war in Libya to pay back France and Italy?

So says Hillary;

Quote:
When it comes to Libya, we started hearing from the UK, France, Italy, other of our NATO allies…This was in their vital national interest…"

Old 03-27-2011, 12:28 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I understood it quite well.. I even bolded the relevant parts..

Like I said.. incompetence doesnt = legal..

Look, I completely understand where you're coming from. And you're angry that Obama won't be impeached over this little kerfuffle. You've been angry for over two years on a daily basis.

And you think this somehow brightens your hopes for Obama being tossed from office.

I seriously doubt that will happen.

Personally, I would have preferred that we'd stayed out of it. I'm glad that NATO is taking over after a week and that we're standing down. I think the Arab nations should have been MUCH more involved in this affair. Qadaffi and Libya are part of their world. But, as always, they just blow a lot of hot air and gripe about anything the rest of the world does.

And, as I originally said in my first post in this thread, America would be better off today if the previous Secretary of Defense eight years ago had been as honest as Gates is now.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Look, I completely understand where you're coming from.
no you dont.. as evidence you go on to post this babble
Quote:
And you're angry that Obama won't be impeached over this little kerfuffle. You've been angry for over two years on a daily basis.
Actually I'm not. This would mean we'd end up with Biden as President.. Why would I want that
Quote:
And you think this somehow brightens your hopes for Obama being tossed from office.
Actually it doesnt.. I've got no hopes for Obama being tosd from office.. Continue to pretend if you wish but pretend doesnt mean its true..
Quote:
I seriously doubt that will happen.
I doubt it as well because Democrats have shown their inability to follow the laws. Not fufilling the obligations they were sworn to uphold, doesnt mean I want him thrown out of office.. Maybe the better choice would be to STOP illegal actions from taking place..
Quote:
IPersonally, I would have preferred that we'd stayed out of it.
I've actually got no opinion one way or another.. I dont know enough about the topic to determine if it was a good or bad move.. But what I do want is presidents to comply with the laws that they are trusted to enforce. NO ONE is above the law.. And there are very clear steps put into place before we can take action, and those steps were not taken..
Quote:
I'm glad that NATO is taking over after a week and that we're standing down.
We arent standing down.. WE ARE NATO.. its a shell game to make people BELIEVE we arent attacking someone that we very clearly are..
Quote:
I think the Arab nations should have been MUCH more involved in this affair. Qadaffi and Libya are part of their world. But, as always, they just blow a lot of hot air and gripe about anything the rest of the world does.
What part of the Arab nation is in a position to take care of this? I dont think many of them have strong military strengths enough to attack another nation without starting a huge military war in the middle east with nations just attacking one another..
Quote:
And, as I originally said in my first post in this thread, America would be better off today if the previous Secretary of Defense eight years ago had been as honest as Gates is now.
The Secretary of Defense 8 years ago followed the legal steps and you complain while you defend the illegal actions of the current administration.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:25 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Isnt Obama supposed to tell us today why he intervened?

The UN also intervened in Iraq and Afghanistan.. So according to you, thats ok as well right?

Just because one does not support Libya does not automatically mean that they did support Iraq.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
How many would you like?

deflection again I see......swing and a miss. Steeeeerike two.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
You can breathe easier until the 60 days are up.

and....yet again Steeeeeerike 3! You're out.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:39 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
What you are now seeing in Libya is 'mission creep'. What was first a 'no fly zone' has become shooting tanks on the ground that have wings. Don't want those flying tanks to get in the air.
What was first said to be 'a few days' is now 'a few months'.
And by the way, how do those pilots know where the tanks are located? Couldn't possibly be 'boots on the ground' special forces, could it?

Old 03-27-2011, 01:40 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Default Obama Haters...

Please enjoy your phony outrage over Libya as long as it lasts.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I see...

You didn't want to understand the part that doesn't justify your anti-Obama sentiments.

Like I said, enjoy the impeachment proceedings.

Quote:
For example, in 2007 Barack Obama told The Boston Globe: “The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.”
Obama?s Hypocrisy: Violation of War Powers Act (http://www.theknoxvillejournal.com/content/stories/news/Obamas-Hypocrisy-Violation-of-War-Powers-Act.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies