Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 03:44 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,870,982 times

Advertisements

Abortion seems a good way to control poor population growth in the United States. The liberal way to limit welfare, sec 8 and food stamp recipients.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:28 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I do not give one fig when life begins. Animal life is just animal life and it bothers me not in the least to abort. The 'judgement' malarky is yours, Ms, from religious brainwashing that you cannot reason your way out of, and you take that with you.

I think the sin of Onan had to do with spilling seed. Any guy masterbating should wait until he can find a willing female victim to carry his kid. If you like to be thought of in biblical terms, that's your decision. I think more of myself than a seed-carrier. But then, some women are wonderfully suited for having children and some are not.

Butchers pull apart meat constantly and feel no remorse over it. God, in the OT has wiped out entire races and not felt a twinge. This talk of a fetus being sacred makes no sense at all. You eat eggs, don't you?

Where is my post did I mention anything about God or Religion. This is not about God or Religion it's about killing a life. To eat a animal for food is required in nature to survive, and butcher killing an animal to eat is quite different. Or are you refering humans or babys ato animals to be eaten. Eggs dont have heart beats and maybe it would best if you go watch some videos of abortions and babys in the womb and see if you feel the same. Appears to me you dont have feelings with just about anything that deals with life. Maybe it would be best if someone killed you off after all maybe your mom didnt want you. You wouldn't even exist if your mom decided to keep you with out going to the doctor to terminate you.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:20 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Where is my post did I mention anything about God or Religion. This is not about God or Religion it's about killing a life. To eat a animal for food is required in nature to survive, and butcher killing an animal to eat is quite different. Or are you refering humans or babys ato animals to be eaten. Eggs dont have heart beats and maybe it would best if you go watch some videos of abortions and babys in the womb and see if you feel the same. Appears to me you dont have feelings with just about anything that deals with life. Maybe it would be best if someone killed you off after all maybe your mom didnt want you. You wouldn't even exist if your mom decided to keep you with out going to the doctor to terminate you.
Yummy. Roasted baby with apple sauce.
Barbeque, anyone?

If we loved life we would not allow any baby to be born unless the parents proved that they wanted it, were capable of supporting it, and mature enough to provide the proper guidance.

After all, there are way too many humans on the planet.
We are choosing life in quality rather than quantity.
Every country which has too many people sees a lowering of the quality of life. We are heading in that direction.
Human life becomes less and less 'special', less and less 'sacred'.

Humanity must lift its view of itself above that of the barnyard animal.
Breeding is not necessarily any a sacred act, neither is birth.

Death is the ultimate end of all of us, some sooner than others. People like Kevorkian just alleviated suffering. We train people to kill, and the killing is so much worse because many of these people are innocent, but full grown and contributing members of their societys, with educations and families. This, in my opinion, is just terrible, but we wave our little flags and our little crosses and shout 'rah, rah'.

In comparision to this, dismantling a fetus that has never seen the light of day, has no resources or training invested in it, cannot speak, has questionable thought processes - well, I just don't care. I am not in any way emotionally attached to this inconvenient clump of tissue. Wouldn't you agree, that a person with my attitude probably would be more likely to rear a serial killer? Maybe its in my genes.

I think, with the advances of genetic research, we will eventully be able to select our 'best' genes for reproduction. Children who are less likely to get diabetes and alzheimers down the road, maybe.

I will always opt for quality over quantity, given the chance.

I think science has advanced to the point in which children are no longer to be thought of as little life altering accidents that we have to put up with. To truly love a child, you prepare, plan for, want, an addition to your family.

Yes. My mom should have had the choice. I doubt that she did. She had me 9 months after they married. Her life would probably have been much better if the poor woman were not straddled with me. She would have left my dad sooner and maybe found someone she deserved. Then, she could have had a better kid, and a much better life.

Women are not to be thought of as baby factories, and deserve the right to be able to reach for a life that they plan for, and not be trapped by biology.

How I love dem babies,
little babies wot I love to eat.
I pull their little ears off,
I nibble on their little feet.

I think it was Johnathan Swift who wrote of the Irish potatoe famine, suggesting that they eat their babies.

I'll tell you what upset me, those downer cows.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:36 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
First of all, there’s no reason to wish people dead on this board. It’s immature and uncalled for. It shows that your response is emotional and not based in anything else.

A living person becomes so at birth, not before.

Eating animals for food is not required in nature to survive. I’ve not eaten any meat or meat products in well over a decade. I’ve survived quite well without it. It is not a requirement.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
First of all, there’s no reason to wish people dead on this board. It’s immature and uncalled for. It shows that your response is emotional and not based in anything else.

Eating animals for food is not required in nature to survive. I’ve not eaten any meat or meat products in well over a decade. I’ve survived quite well without it. It is not a requirement.
S'ok, Chiela

We're just having a bit of fun, here. Thanks.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:08 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
GG, I enjoyed your comments, but will argue that meat is not required.

You call it fun, good for you. I get frustrated with the emotional breast-beating that accompanies those who believe in the right to life until birth.

It hit a hot button for me.

I'll bow out now.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
GG, I enjoyed your comments, but will argue that meat is not required.

You call it fun, good for you. I get frustrated with the emotional breast-beating that accompanies those who believe in the right to life until birth.

It hit a hot button for me.

I'll bow out now.
Most densly populated countries cannot afford social services for their population and it appears as though they just give up or adopt policies that may seem cruel to the rest of the world.

There are real problems, here, of what to do to try and turn around the lives of young kids who have terrible parenting. Whenever we have created institutions to assist troubled people, they were very inadequatly managed and backfired - at least most of the time.

A democracy cannot survive without an educated populace. Some folks keep manufacturing babies because that's all they can think to do for entertainment, and the kids end up neglected and uncared for.

I find it troubling that, when our crime rate has gone down, and kids from bad neighborhoods are managing to go to college and generally the population is becoming more stabalized and 'together', this influx of aliens is encouraged to come in, with all the problems of the poor, and on top of that a different culture and bringing diseases with them that doctors have never seen in this country and do not know how to treat.

Its not that I have no compassion for these people, but we should ensure that our own population is stable and strong enough to take this onslaught first. It is as though elements in our government want to create a permanent, poor, uneducated underclass. Again, this is like many overpopulated countries, a few very wealthy on top and the rest a servile class.

With global warming, and considering the contribution of sheer numbers of human life on the globe, I cannot see a better way to contribute than just not having kids, or perhaps only one.

It is funny that this person, who loves life, should be relishing my demise. But it won't be the first time.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:12 PM

Default Belief in anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yummy. Roasted baby with apple sauce.
Barbeque, anyone?

If we loved life we would not allow any baby to be born unless the parents proved that they wanted it, were capable of supporting it, and mature enough to provide the proper guidance.

After all, there are way too many humans on the planet.
We are choosing life in quality rather than quantity.
Every country which has too many people sees a lowering of the quality of life. We are heading in that direction.
Human life becomes less and less 'special', less and less 'sacred'.

Humanity must lift its view of itself above that of the barnyard animal.
Breeding is not necessarily any a sacred act, neither is birth.

Death is the ultimate end of all of us, some sooner than others. People like Kevorkian just alleviated suffering. We train people to kill, and the killing is so much worse because many of these people are innocent, but full grown and contributing members of their societys, with educations and families. This, in my opinion, is just terrible, but we wave our little flags and our little crosses and shout 'rah, rah'.

In comparision to this, dismantling a fetus that has never seen the light of day, has no resources or training invested in it, cannot speak, has questionable thought processes - well, I just don't care. I am not in any way emotionally attached to this inconvenient clump of tissue. Wouldn't you agree, that a person with my attitude probably would be more likely to rear a serial killer? Maybe its in my genes.

I think, with the advances of genetic research, we will eventully be able to select our 'best' genes for reproduction. Children who are less likely to get diabetes and alzheimers down the road, maybe.

I will always opt for quality over quantity, given the chance.

I think science has advanced to the point in which children are no longer to be thought of as little life altering accidents that we have to put up with. To truly love a child, you prepare, plan for, want, an addition to your family.

Yes. My mom should have had the choice. I doubt that she did. She had me 9 months after they married. Her life would probably have been much better if the poor woman were not straddled with me. She would have left my dad sooner and maybe found someone she deserved. Then, she could have had a better kid, and a much better life.

Women are not to be thought of as baby factories, and deserve the right to be able to reach for a life that they plan for, and not be trapped by biology.

How I love dem babies,
little babies wot I love to eat.
I pull their little ears off,
I nibble on their little feet.

I think it was Johnathan Swift who wrote of the Irish potatoe famine, suggesting that they eat their babies.

I'll tell you what upset me, those downer cows.
From your words I have some conclusions about you but I'll let you speak for yourself.
These questions are not about God or Religion you can believe in them without both.
Do you believe life after death? Do you believe in anything other then what you see, touch and hear. What you design to be normal with "defects" science doesn't understand life on this planet. I find you to be empty person without purpose and without reason. With all your knowledge and faith in humanity to kill each other, many people have done good in this world. It really comes down to why do you exist. If you think it's because mom and dad did it one night then maybe using your brain opening your eyes to what is around you might see, death, life and birth part of something more then just breeding. Normally I would say your a waste of space with no direction and passion, but even you have a purpose to be on this planet. Women can choose all they want, but in America I like to think we try and protect life. Doesn't mean we always follow it with wars, and other issues but we are nation of common laws and I think that is one we should keep and not have people like you cloning humans. To see life growing in a woman call it not worth anything makes me question your complete disconnect with humanity. Believe me I understand it has it's problems, but something within time and space tells me life is more then just being happy and pain. Life is a learning experience for the good and the bad and those who choose to only see the bad part of life never truly live.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:26 PM

Default Vegs?

Quote:

In the winter when you dont have vegs to eat you would be eating meat. Thanks to todays supermarket you have luxury of getting your protein from other sources. If they were not so easy to purchase you would be eating a chicken. We have fangs for a reason and it is not bite into an apple. My reponse was not emotional just a return response to someone who thinks abortions are ok, while this person exists because someone didn't abort him and allowed him a thought. Maybe the next person that was aborted could have cured cancer, or aids or do something to change humanity to live in peace. While you see fetus I see a person a martin lurther king, a ganhi. Sure maybe we will have a hilter, but remember men of courage who were not aborted were alive to defeat him. This is more then crosses, flags, or purpose of life. Life exists and for you willing destroy it makes me quite confused on how you think life comes about on this planet. Why is in nature when a animal has problems with the birth we say she lost the calf. I thought it doesnt exist until it comes out. This is stupid. Like we say she lost the baby. I thought it wasnt a baby maybe we see the truths in realizing that life was in the womb. Aminals don't kill their babies in the womb do they. Only humans who think they are above all the worlds problems and the world revolves around them. It;s all about them and choices they don't and or can't live with. Rape and incest causing a child is a rare occurrance and that is nothing to stand on for a defense of a Choice.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:31 PM

Lib,

I may have personal thoughts about spirituality, but they are my personal thoughts, and neither your or my concept of spirituality should form public policy. Public policy must be geared to our common truth, which is the real world around us, the one that science explores. If that changes, we can debate changing policy.

If we cannot agree on even the material world representing truth, that actions beget reactions that gravity exists, and ascribe a sort of dream to them, then we are doomed to war until we all kill each other.

It is not reality that is causing the worst wars today. It is these crazy dreams of people who refuse to interact with reality. Reality says to compromise and try to do good for all concerned. THe dream tells us to die for our cause and we will be rewarded.

I contend that a woman who does not want a child should not have them and feel no compunctions about aborting. A child is more than something born into the world and then neglected, mistreated, to grow into an unhappy adult. This is what often happens to the accidental child.

Life is not just a cluster of cells. Terry Schivo had half her brain eaten away and people were clamering for her to 'live'. That is not life. If you do not interact with the world, have no prospect of being taught and self-supporting, well, as you start stripping away elements of the life in modern society you are stripping away life itself.

Quality over quantity. My grandmother had 13 children. God gave them to her. Unfortunately, she could not give enough attention to each of them. God did not provide enough hours in the day for her to rear them properly.

It takes more than sperm an ovum to create a human. It takes time, attention, training, setting an example, having fun together, etc. This, on top of the food and shelter that every child should be able to demand.

Not everyone is prepared to do these things. They hold no attraction to some of us. Nature/God, if rats are too densly populated, provides that they turn on each other. Perhaps an era in which woman do not want babies is also a part of that nature, that god. Perhaps, genetically, these woman should not have kids and their decisions reflect that. It's true, we do not know all there is to know about life, and if a female
decides not to have kids, it may be because she senses that their is a problem with that child, one we may not know about yet.

I think people who have more than one child should be taxed heavily for the added demand on resources and the additional pollution caused by increased consumerism.

We should concentrate our resources on making a better life for those who are here, rather than encouraging dumping babies on woman who do not want them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies