Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 03:03 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Adoption, family contribution, lowering of the breeding population (in an overcrowded world), etc.

1. Adoption.

We have many foster kids without permanent families. Maybe the affluent white folks who are adopting don't want an American black, asian, or latino child. Gay couples are more than willing to adopt them many times. Whats better for a 8 year old with no family? Growing up in foster homes, bouncing from place to place? Or growing up in a loving home with two people that take care of them, and are there through the good and the bad? Their sexual preference makes no difference to a child that needs love.

2. family contribution.

Many homosexuals contribute to raising their nieces and nephews. That could be monetary, contributing their time, or raising them if something happened to their parents. My sister has a friend, and her brother is gay. He loves his niece so much, and buys her all kinds of stuff he would never be able to do, if he had his own biological children. Not to mention he watches her at least two nights a week so mommy and daddy can spend some time together. This is the biological, evolutionary reason for homosexuality in most cases.

3. Overpopulation.

Many can't deny that in countries where overpopulation is a problem that gays aren't contributing to the problem. Sure, there are a few affluent gay couples and people who can reproduce through science, but in most cases they never have their own children. Now we have a working adult contributing to society, and not increasing their families burden on society.

Lots of reasons. I can name more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 03:03 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
It makes me happy.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:13 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Liberals are always lecturing us like petulant children about the wonders of homosexuality and heterosexuality. So I'm going to open up my mind and let you all enlighten me. What are the wonders of homosexuality? How is homosexuality inherently better than heterosexuality? How are Adam and Steve superior to Adam and Eve? What service does homosexuality provide that heterosexuality denies? Of what value is homosexuality to our culture or our advancement as a civilization?
Let's see...

They don't add to the overpopulation problem in this world, but can help alleviate the millions of children in foster care by adopting (assuming they aren't banned from that).

Women who give birth to gay children I believe can have increased fertility.

Gays as a population tend to be more intelligent and successful than their heterosexual counterparts.

Gays are huge contributors to the success of the arts.

Gays arguably make the best hair dressers, make-up artists, event planners, photographers, etc.

I'll try to think of more.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:17 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Adoption, family contribution, lowering of the breeding population (in an overcrowded world), etc.

1. Adoption.

We have many foster kids without permanent families. Maybe the affluent white folks who are adopting don't want an American black, asian, or latino child. Gay couples are more than willing to adopt them many times. Whats better for a 8 year old with no family? Growing up in foster homes, bouncing from place to place? Or growing up in a loving home with two people that take care of them, and are there through the good and the bad? Their sexual preference makes no difference to a child that needs love.
Unfortunately, I've heard from many conservatives that say they'd rather a child spend their life in an orphanage than ever be adopted by a gay couple (usually with the excuse that the gays will molest the children). Pretty sad when being abused as wards of the state is better than being with a successful, loving gay couple.

Last edited by Fiyero; 03-27-2011 at 03:48 PM..

Old 03-27-2011, 03:19 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Liberals are always lecturing us like petulant children about the wonders of homosexuality and heterosexuality. So I'm going to open up my mind and let you all enlighten me. What are the wonders of homosexuality? How is homosexuality inherently better than heterosexuality? How are Adam and Steve superior to Adam and Eve? What service does homosexuality provide that heterosexuality denies? Of what value is homosexuality to our culture or our advancement as a civilization?
That you're not one!!!!!!

With a condescending opening post like that...I would not waste my time posting anything else!

Old 03-27-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Unfortunately, I've heard from many conservatives that say they'd rather a child spend their life in an orphanage than ever be adopted by a couple gay (usually with the excuse that the gays will molest the children). Pretty sad when being abused as wards of the state is better than being with a successful, loving gay couple.
There is no substitute for a loving family.

Gay or not, a loving family of any kind is better than growing up in foster homes.

I've heard a few say the same thing, and it is indeed sad. I wrote my Governor and expressed my displeasure when he said he'd fight the court ruling allowing homosexual couples to adopt.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:38 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
You would never have to ask that question if you've ever lived in a gayborhood. Their ability to turn blighted streets into peaceful and pleasant places to inhabit is unrivaled. Plus, homosexual people have a love of life that seems to be missing from the heterosexual culture these days. They're just plain fun to hang out with.

As for your other questions, I doubt than there are many people who have proposed that being gay is superior. I don't recall ever being "lectured" about it, personally. Plenty of people, OTOH, believe the reverse.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:48 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
What a colossal strawman of an opening post.

Anyway, I'll answer the question: Freedom - including the freedom for consenting adults to form the relationships that make them happy - is inherently valuable to our "culture and advancement as a civilization". If you want to restrict other people's freedom to pursue happiness, it's up to you to come up with an argument that their activity is so detrimental to "our culture and advance as a civilization", it must be stopped.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:29 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Why does one have to be better than the other? Also, why does one have to offer advantages?

What you people fail to understand is that homosexuality is not a choice. People are born that way. No one would choose to be a homosexual in this day in which they endure discrimination. You don't have to approve or endorse homosexuality but you are required to be tolerant and respectful of how someone wants to conduct their personal lives; it has nothing to do with you. I've never understood why this is such a difficult concept for Right Wing enthusiasts to understand.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Why does one have to be better than the other? Also, why does one have to offer advantages?

What you people fail to understand is that homosexuality is not a choice. People are born that way. No one would choose to be a homosexual in this day in which they endure discrimination. You don't have to approve or endorse homosexuality but you are required to be tolerant and respectful of how someone wants to conduct their personal lives; it has nothing to do with you. I've never understood why this is such a difficult concept for Right Wing enthusiasts to understand.
You have one fallacy in your statement. We don't know for a fact that people are born gay. That doesn't make it a choice, but the jury is still out on if homosexuality is 100% genetic. As it stands, it looks like its a combination of genetics, hormonal changes in the womb, and environmental effects after birth and in upbringing.

Seeing as straight people have been having homosexual children since the beginning of human history, its obvious that the sexual orientation of the parents plays little into the sexuality of the child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies