U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:24 AM

15,065 posts, read 19,716,377 times

Advertisements

I've been trying to figure out for a while
"How in the h.... is the media liberal???" (NBC, CBS, ABC)

- They are controlled by corporations (Liberal = anti-corporation)
- They talked about the Tea Party for months as if it was the biggest thing in the US in the last 100 years
- Everytime they talk about the President they say something like "Let's see if he knows how to handle this?"
- Every morning they interview a republican senator as if they are a neutral political player.

Now, can somebody seriously tell me how the media is liberal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 AM

5,945 posts, read 4,874,550 times
Default Seriously, how is the media liberal?

To the wing nuts, anyone who doesn't support the most radical rightwing idiocy is a lib.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:07 AM

15,924 posts, read 17,429,916 times
Because the left tells us so......

Old 03-28-2011, 10:07 AM

43,564 posts, read 52,720,164 times
Um, the majority of their reporters/top brass register as democrat...let's start with that.

And remember, it's not just how your report something, but what you choose not to report.

The media all but elected Obama...I can remember all these things that were never said or covered about McCain...

In any case, I don't care if the media is liberal or not (but they are)...I hate all media because it's not journalism anymore. It's drama-filled, ratings-driven stupid malarkey...no matter which channel you're watching. All they are about is manipulating YOUR emotions in order to drive various agendas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVWhZ_qGD7g

Old 03-28-2011, 10:28 AM

36,989 posts, read 16,129,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Um, the majority of their reporters/top brass register as democrat...let's start with that.

And remember, it's not just how your report something, but what you choose not to report.

The media all but elected Obama...I can remember all these things that were never said or covered about McCain...

In any case, I don't care if the media is liberal or not (but they are)...I hate all media because it's not journalism anymore. It's drama-filled, ratings-driven stupid malarkey...no matter which channel you're watching. All they are about is manipulating YOUR emotions in order to drive various agendas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVWhZ_qGD7g
If you really want to now, read this link several times a week. It will give many examples. http://www.mrc.org/public/default.aspx

Old 03-28-2011, 10:31 AM

15,924 posts, read 17,429,916 times
Quote:

+1 to you, hit the nail right on the head.....

Old 03-28-2011, 10:32 AM

6,486 posts, read 5,687,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post

- They talked about the Tea Party for months as if it was the biggest thing in the US in the last 100 years
- Everytime they talk about the President they say something like "Let's see if he knows how to handle this?"
- Every morning they interview a republican senator as if they are a neutral political player.

Help me out....which network was it again that President Skippy refused to go on for the longest time? Was it one of the big 3?

Old 03-28-2011, 11:48 AM

15,065 posts, read 19,716,377 times
Quote:
Exactly,
I don't think is about left or right,
I think the people that own the media only care about their agenda = $$$$$.

So ALL of us need to stop the BS of calling it right/left wing media and call it what it is "Corporate media"
Anytime they want people to blinding support something, they push the idea that doing the opposite is evil, anti-american, etc, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Help me out....which network was it again that President Skippy refused to go on for the longest time? Was it one of the big 3?
Fox/Foxnews being far rightwing (1/2 of their staff is republican politicians)
doesn't mean that the other ones are leftwing.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:36 PM

1,811 posts, read 979,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post

If you can't see it on your own, nobody can show it to you for you don't WANT to see it.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:22 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,614,540 times
The newsrooms, the board rooms and the editorial rooms are FILLED with liberals. The lens through which they view the "news" is liberal. If a story comes along (like ACORN, Climategate, death threats in WI, to name just a FEW) they will suppress and ignore the story because it doesn't fit with their agenda.

http://www.mrc.org/biasbasics/pdf/BiasBasics.pdf

Quote:
In 1981, S. Robert Lichter, then with George Washington University, and Stanley Rothman of Smith College, released a groundbreaking survey of 240 journalists at top media outlets — including the New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Time, Newsweek, U.S. News & World Report, ABC, CBS, NBC, and PBS — on their political attitudes and voting patterns.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-b...l-conservative

Quote:
A survey conducted late last year and released Monday, by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press, confirmed the obvious -- that compared to the views of the public, conservatives are under-represented in national journalism while liberals are over-represented.

Most journalists, 53 percent, said they're moderate. 24 percent said they were liberal and eight percent very liberal.
Now, I'm sure that 53% that considers themselves moderate would include people like Brian Williams, Katie Couric and Dan Rather - of course, THEY ARE NOT.

Meanwhile, 8% said they were Conservative/Very Conservative - while the nation considers itself 42% conservative.

Last edited by sanrene; 03-28-2011 at 01:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies