Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 01:14 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post

And most on the right on CD still defend the war in Iraq and the war in Afghanistan. All of a sudden these people are so concerned about Libya. That is ridiculous. I bet you were supporting Afghanistan and Iraq. You didn't have a problem with american soldiers being send to both countries. But now you are soooo concerned. That is why you are a hypocrit.
Actually most on the left seem to support Afghanistan....

As to MY beliefs,we should destroy our enemy wherever they are and leave.

If/when they reappear,repeat process.

Eventually they will either learn,or we will kill them all.

Either is fine with me.

I am sure you have posted it but what is your position on the war with Libya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 01:25 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Actually most on the left seem to support Afghanistan....

As to MY beliefs,we should destroy our enemy wherever they are and leave.

If/when they reappear,repeat process.

Eventually they will either learn,or we will kill them all.

Either is fine with me.

I am sure you have posted it but what is your position on the war with Libya?
Yeah, Saddam was really threatening the USA . I'm against most wars.
Its ironic that you call others hypocrits, yet you don't seem to grasp your own hypocrisy.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Saddam was really threatening the USA .
We had fought a war with Iraq not that long before the second war...and we were actually only in a ceasefire,there was no peace.

Quote:
I'm against most wars.
So what of the war with Libya,I am sure you are opposed to it.

Quote:
Its ironic that you call others hypocrits, yet you don't seem to grasp your own hypocrisy.
you still haven't really explained what my hypocrisy is.

I do enjoy pointing out the way leftists have now jumped on the war wagon...once their guy is in office.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:35 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times
Quote:
We had fought a war with Iraq not that long before the second war...and we were actually only in a ceasefire,there was no peace.

So what of the war with Libya,I am sure you are opposed to it.

you still haven't really explained what my hypocrisy is.

I do enjoy pointing out the way leftists have now jumped on the war wagon...once their guy is in office.
Your hypocrisy is to defend the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan when Bush was in office. Iraq was not a threat to the US in 2003.
Now Obama is in office, all of a sudden you are against the actions against Libya. You are as hypocritical as the people that you criticize on the left. There is absolutely no difference.
When it comes to US foreign policies, I agree with Ron Paul. But I am a leftie because I disagree with you . You are against the war in Libya because Obama is the President and you are too much of a coward to admit it.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Your hypocrisy is to defend the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan when Bush was in office.
Afghanistan I was fine with bombing into oblivion,and beyond.
Iraq was a mess from the getgo,although once we were in the crap we had to try and get it over with.I still do not believe we should rebuild our former enemy however.

Quote:
Iraq was not a threat to the US in 2003.
Libya was even less of a threat.

Quote:
When it comes to US foreign policies, I agree with Ron Paul.
I do too.I voted for him.
Quote:
But I am a leftie because I disagree with you . You are against the war in Libya because Obama is the President and you are too much of a coward to admit it.
See above.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:15 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
As hypocritical as all the leftists who were up in arms over Iraq but are all chickenhawk over Libya.

I am sure YOU agree that is hypocritical right?

For the (hopefully) last time LIBYA IS NOT A WAR! There are no soliders there all that this is preventive air strikes! Iraq was planned way before Bush II took office and was used by certain corperations to make Billions off of the American poeples fears

Old 04-04-2011, 08:18 AM

I can still respect some of the refuticans that stayed consistant with their chickenhawkish ways but not the fools that float along party lines. It seems that they can care less about the peoples and more about the party. This holds true with the dumbocrats as well.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
For the (hopefully) last time LIBYA IS NOT A WAR! There are no soliders there all that this is preventive air strikes! Iraq was planned way before Bush II took office and was used by certain corperations to make Billions off of the American poeples fears
Could you provide where you found that definition of war?

Chickenhawk Leftists are pretty funny the way they have to spin and twist around....

Old 04-04-2011, 08:00 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Iraq and Afghanistan would have been a lot cheaper if we were willing to turn over the countries to the religious extremist instead of staying there after we through out the dictators.

Where is the pottery barn theory in Libya? If we overthrow Mo, do we have to help them when the inevitable power vacuum civil wars start? Is there some reason we don't care if the radical islamic terrorist take over there, as opposed to Afghanistan and Iraq?

WTF is our exit strategy if all this goes south when Mighty Mo is overthrown???

Are these not legitimate questions?

ITS LIKE OBAMA LEARNED NOTHING ABOUT THE LAST DECADE.
Hahaha, the country is doomed, we will have R's and D's sending this countries military on crazy mission until this country is beyond broke, even moreso than now. I laugh at people who still TRULY believe THEIR PARTY is going to turn this mess around.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Could you provide where you found that definition of war?

Chickenhawk Leftists are pretty funny the way they have to spin and twist around....
As I mentioned before Vietnam was not a war either, so YOU tell me what is considered to be a war?

I guess spending the majority of my life in the military must mean that I don't know what a real war is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies