Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 12:32 PM

7 posts, read 8,810 times

Advertisements

I believe it is a factor as he never had a true father figure. His biological dad abandoned him, and later in his teens years the govt stepped up and paid a significant portion of his college education through grants! Obama is smarter than I'll ever be but the fact is life experiences shape our ideaologies. Those of us with a hard working father around the house were taught to make our own way in life and not burden others with our goals and desires. I am not blasting Obama, I am actually supporting him. If I was him and never had a father growing up, and the government paid for most of my college I would be inclined to see the govt as a fatherly figure and be supportive of it's larger nature!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 02:43 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,267,458 times
What do you mean he never had a true father figure? He had his grandfather in his life for all but 4 years of his growing up years. He also had a hard working mother who taught him everything you claim your father taught you about goals and desires. (You can't deny he's a successful man.) If you're going to put the man down for getting college loans, scholarships and/or grants then you're going to have to put down half of all college grads as well.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:44 PM

11,754 posts, read 14,571,620 times
Every time I think I've seen the most ridiculous idea for a post imaginable, someone goes and proves me wrong.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:44 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,011,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlumIsland View Post
I believe it is a factor as he never had a true father figure. His biological dad abandoned him, and later in his teens years the govt stepped up and paid a significant portion of his college education through grants! Obama is smarter than I'll ever be but the fact is life experiences shape our ideaologies. Those of us with a hard working father around the house were taught to make our own way in life and not burden others with our goals and desires. I am not blasting Obama, I am actually supporting him. If I was him and never had a father growing up, and the government paid for most of my college I would be inclined to see the govt as a fatherly figure and be supportive of it's larger nature!
If that's the case, what would explain Roosevelt, Kennedy, Nixon, Johnson, Reagan, or both Bush's love of goverment?

Old 03-30-2011, 03:05 PM

68,279 posts, read 54,035,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Every time I think I've seen the most ridiculous idea for a post imaginable, someone goes and proves me wrong.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.______Albert Einstein

Old 03-30-2011, 03:39 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,174,179 times
Quote:
I do think all of us are influenced by our childhood, more than we realize, probably, but I don't think Barrack has a love for the government particularly. I think he fell into a golden opportunity and his ego said: go for it!!!! This has probably been how he has gotten to where he is. I think others found him, decided to groom him and convince the country he was the next coming of the LORD.

Nita

Old 03-30-2011, 04:56 PM

26,822 posts, read 15,053,516 times
Maybe his parents love of things communist, not sarcasm, influenced him to be a "leader".

Old 03-30-2011, 05:03 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,219,944 times
Quote:
Where did you do your psychiatric residency again?

Old 03-30-2011, 05:07 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,183,787 times
Well this is a nice laugh after a long day.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:10 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,374,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I do think all of us are influenced by our childhood, more than we realize, probably, but I don't think Barrack has a love for the government particularly. I think he fell into a golden opportunity and his ego said: go for it!!!! This has probably been how he has gotten to where he is. I think others found him, decided to groom him and convince the country he was the next coming of the LORD.

Nita
I know i like you, more even now, thank goodness some can say the truth.

How right you are, they groomed him, to be what they thought most wanted out of a President. they tried for so long to convince so many that Obama was the next coming of the LORD. However, in doing so, they did not realize, that most people live in a Realistic World, not a FANTASY WORLD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies