Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:23 PM

38 posts, read 94,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
No, the main problems with single parent households are the lack of resources and the "uncles" mom brings home.

If those are the MAIN problems how do they apply to two-parent, same-sex households? That have resources and no uncles/boyfriends, etc. ? And I agree with your assessment that lack of resources and single parents bringing questionable people home are big/the biggest problems with the single-parent home. Just from my own observations....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 11:24 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
What's the matter? Don't you realize the nllfs is responsible for much of the research out there indicating; lesbians are better mothers and lesbians never abuse their children. Hell, they've also proved beyond a shadow of a doubt men simply are not needed to raise happy, healthy, children. Face is, dude, you aren't needed. The new science says so.
Nothing at all is the matter.

How are you?

I have zero desire to father children.

Now, do you think that it is probable that the 40 years of research that you cling to was performed by heterosexuals?

Old 03-30-2011, 11:30 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,096,885 times
Thank GOD the majority of the Human race decides to follow the laws of nature....

BS BS BS anyone should get "minority" status from the beloved GOV because their ****ed up....

Old 03-30-2011, 11:38 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,169,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesdaygirl View Post
If those are the MAIN problems how do they apply to two-parent, same-sex households? That have resources and no uncles/boyfriends, etc. ? And I agree with your assessment that lack of resources and single parents bringing questionable people home are big/the biggest problems with the single-parent home. Just from my own observations....

Look. The research has been pretty clear until just recently. Single parent homes are pretty much a lousy place to raise children. Resources is just half the problem. The other half is the strangers mom brings home and tells her kids is their new fathers. The minute that happens the chances of physical or sexual abuse of the children go up 50%. It's just the way it is.

So, two parent families are not as great as two parent families with two biological parents. Both parents have an incentive to see to the successful raising of their offspring.

How about homosexual parenting. Just what are the odds of both of them being bioligical parents, slim. I actually know of one lesbian couple that pulled that off. Most of the time, howerver, resources like this just aren't available.

Homosexual relationships tend to be short. Not every time, but most of the time. Face it homosexuals lead hectic lives that involve a lot of folks, even lesbians have more male partners in their lifetimes than heterosexual ones. This doesn't lend itself to stability very well.

Finally, what about role models. When I first went into elementary education some people were very supportive. One principle told me "these kids need to see a man show up for work everyday." Apparently her kids weren't seeing that. I'm still uncomfortable with the role model situation but it's true. Little boys and girls both need male role models. Do I really have to tell you mothers are also needed in the lives of children?

Is it really so hard to understand? Children are black holes of need. They need more than just two warm bodies in order to excel, grow, develop. Two mothers are no substitute for a biological father. Two fathers are no substitute for a biological mother.

.....and no, I'm not buying the research that tells us that homosexuals make better parents than two biological heterosexual parents. I'm just gonna call "crap" on that one. You believe what you want to.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Thank GOD the majority of the Human race decides to follow the laws of nature....

BS BS BS anyone should get "minority" status from the beloved GOV because their ****ed up....
I don't know about nature. I just believe human beings have found a pretty successful way to procreate and enculturate good members of society. We've managed to experiment with that model, and failed miserably. I just don't see the point in further experimentation.

The reality is very few homosexuals actually produce children. This is more of a political issue than anything. Democratics want to reward a valued demographic. What passes for the gay leadership out there feels the insitituion of marriage will bring them closer to something they will never have, full acceptance by the heterosexual community. I think it's all pretty sad really.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Nothing at all is the matter.
That's nice. If you feel the urge to call me more names, just go right ahead. I understand.

Quote:
How are you?
Fine, thanks for asking.

Quote:
I have zero desire to father children.
Most liberals don't.

Quote:
Now, do you think that it is probable that the 40 years of research that you cling to was performed by heterosexuals?
Statistically, something like 95% of them.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:09 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I see.....you just think I should pay the same taxes as you but you get to call all the shots......not on my watch! .

I don't care what you call it.......it's all childish semantics.....call it civil unions then......now what will be your complaint???????
I have no issue with civil unions or domestic partnership agreements. I’ve already stated this elsewhere on CD by the way.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:12 AM

2,471 posts, read 4,017,847 times
Quote:
Is that important to ya? Don't be too hard on phillies, after all he's a product of your culture. He shares your beliefs.
don't blame the way I act on any one but me. I'm not being civil, i'm tired and find you disgusting. This has nothing to do with my 'culture' or anyone else here that shares my beliefs.

I apologize to those I've offended I normally hold myself to a higher standard.

Last edited by phillies2011; 03-31-2011 at 12:36 AM..

Old 03-31-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
I have no issue with civil unions or domestic partnership agreements. I’ve already stated this elsewhere on CD by the way.

Like mr obama, when a candidate, I have no problem with civil unions.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
don't blame the way I act on any one but me. I'm not being civil, i'm tired and find you disgusting. This has nothing to do with my 'culture' or anyone else here that shares my beliefs.

I apologize to those I've offended I normally hold myself to a higher standard.
It has everything to do with your "beliefs." Your beliefs are based on your cultural norms. All human beings require certain things; food clothing, shelter, love and acceptance. How we meet these needs is determined by culture.

Our differences, why you continually find me "disgusting" is because we both belong to differing cultures. The very basis for multiculturalism is all cultures are equal. None are superior to any others. This is a very modern liberal concept. You should understand this. You cannot presume to coerce your cultural norms on others without violating the very principle of multiculturalism. Nor can you have it both ways. I'm entitled to my beliefs just as you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies