Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 11:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,150,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
i luv dat show^^^^^ boy the way dat miller played...... hah im typoing like archie

YEAH meethead
Can you believe that many of my students told me that their fathers wouldn't allow that show to be on in their houses? I told them that their fathers saw too much of themselves in Archie and didn't want to be made fun of. I still watch that one on TVLand these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 11:59 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,266,315 times

YouTube - Creedence Clearwater Revival - Molina

Old 04-02-2011, 11:41 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,313,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Archie sure liked his America better than Meathead did. I loved that show and found Archie to be too much like me.
It's one of the greatest shows of all time. Archie reminds me of my father...except my dad cussed allot more...

Old 04-02-2011, 12:53 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,024,056 times
This is the best country in the world...hands down. But it's not my favorite country.

That would be Germany or Italy...the two nations that i know best outside of my own. I'm positively predisposed to Europe anyway, and if i could find a suitable situation there, i'd move back to Europe in a heartbeat.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:56 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,024,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Archie sure liked his America better than Meathead did. I loved that show and found Archie to be too much like me.
Archie loved HIS version of America, Stivic obviously DIDN'T like that version, but loved America no less than Archie did. Being a black man, i'm in Meatheads camp.

That said, it's the greatest show in the history of television. Best writing, ensemble cast, acting...you name it. I have EVERY show on DVD, and i watch them all the time.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:42 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,469,295 times
Sigh....my thread has become an Archie Fest.

I'm a searcher. A dreamer. A theorist. A discontent.

Searching for that ideal land. That ideal person. That ideal job.

I'm usually happy. But I could be more so.

There has to be a tropical island somewhere.....

where the women are topless and serve rum all day

where the breezes are less than 20 mph

where the wildlife is abundant and fearless

where the temps are between 50 and 90

where real crime does not exist

where the elderly are respected

where cancer and heart disease are unheard of

where there is no need for overly macho military

where the scuba tanks are always full.....

Old 04-02-2011, 01:55 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,049,581 times
[quote=JohnHAdams;18556864]Sigh....my thread has become an Archie Fest.

John did you expect any other result here at CD-GOP. What has America become when Archie Bunker is looked upon as hero. Some don't understand the show's plot was to expose what ugly Americans look like.

YouTube - Carroll O'Connor (Archie Bunker) public service announcement 1979

Old 04-02-2011, 01:56 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,577,098 times
The United States of America is the best nation.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:04 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,122,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
If someone who lives in American doesn't think it is the best country in the world, then they should move to wherever they would be more happier. I do wish some of our taxes could be appropriated to relocate all the whiners.
Well, I'd be happier if Americans accepted others who know that there's room for improvement here without someone like you who claims I would be "more happier" away from you. For starters, I'd like my fellow Americans to understand English well enough to write it. And if you think anyone who says "We can do better" is a whiner or anyone who has a different opinion isn't entitled to live in your country, then it is YOU who needs to leave. You are the one whining after all.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:18 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,122,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
Sigh....my thread has become an Archie Fest.

I'm a searcher. A dreamer. A theorist. A discontent.
If the body, mind, and spirit function in a balanced manner together, then wherever you are is the best. Such a "State of Mind" doesn't have geopolitical boundaries, it can't be found on a map. The blessing is that if you're unhappy, you can get busy creating something better. We all have that same power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies