Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 12:20 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,177,354 times

Advertisements

Some humans are disgusting, despicable creatures, and make me ashamed to be a human, he is one of them.

Hunting for food is natural, and I have no issue with it when the animal is treated with respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 12:25 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,393,947 times
Didn't this guy get a crummy or scummy something ceo award, for being a scumbag, for the way he murders animals.
Ok i just don't see how slaughtering such an highly intelligent animal, and posting it in a video, is good for any one to see, mostly animal lovers like myself.

Yeah Yeah he said it was becasue the elephant was eating the crops, well couldn't they have handled the situtaion in a way where they did not have to kill the animal, he just seems proud of the damn fact.

Elephants are one of the animals with the highest intellignece besides Dophins. Do you know that they can recognize themselves in a mirror, the only other animals that can are the Ape and Dophin. Elephants are close to each other, and yes they do form bonds, they protect each other. The elephant is also an animal that mourns the death of other elephants, they really mourn each other as we do.

Wasn't there a more humane way to handle this situtaion, then to slaughter the animal, and then have to post the damn video, i find the handling of the way he killed the elephant, tacky, inhumane, and seems he likes the attention.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:44 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,155,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Some humans are disgusting, despicable creatures, and make me ashamed to be a human, he is one of them.

Hunting for food is natural, and I have no issue with it when the animal is treated with respect.

yeah right, an animal that is hunted treated with respect right on the grill with some kind of spice added to it.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:05 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,398,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Sounds like fun. I'm actually very jealous of him.

Face it folks - it is a legal hunt - sanctioned by the government to help keep the elephant population under control.
Sanctioned by the government of Robert "100,000% inflation" Mugabe. I'm not sure you should be hanging your approval of this guy's actions on what senile, insane and racist despot Robert Mugabe allows.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:56 AM

23,410 posts, read 36,883,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
yeah right, an animal that is hunted treated with respect right on the grill with some kind of spice added to it.

Lame post of the day......

Old 04-01-2011, 09:58 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,600,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
It was just trophy trip. With his millions he could do so much more to help locals than just hiding in bushes.
Did you miss the part where it said he was able to rid the village of a problem elephant?

It doesn't sound like it was just for sport.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:37 AM

18,337 posts, read 18,938,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Did you miss the part where it said he was able to rid the village of a problem elephant?

It doesn't sound like it was just for sport.
did you miss the part where there are several elephant sanctuary and wild animal organizations that could have relocated the animal?

Old 04-01-2011, 11:21 AM

23,388 posts, read 17,061,069 times
It's obvious PETA is ethnocentric and intolerant of other cultures.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:23 PM

24,366 posts, read 22,946,540 times
Elephants are the last animal I'd ever want to shoot, after dogs and humans. I guess it would depend if it was rampaging and killing somebody. Same goes for dogs and humans.
I refuse to go to any circus if they have animal acts except for domesticated animals. Elephants are extremely intelligent and social creatures. Give them their habitat and they won't bother anybody. Treat them kindly and with respect and they can be trained for labor in some cases, like horses.
I'm not against big game hunting if its well monitored and controlled and the game isn't endangered. Canned hunts are for slobs pretending to be something they aren't: Hunters.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:27 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,177,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
One can hunt for food and still be respectful of the animal and grateful for their sacrifice. Life feeds on life, animals (like it or not, we are animals too) eat each other, it's the way the earth works, but intentional cruelty is never necessary, and I find it disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies