Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 01:10 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I am not sure of the prices..but I know a nailjob WAS 20..and I see it all the time, pleople getting cash from their EBT or check (usually buying one thing and getting the rest in cash back) and then going right into the nailsalon in walmart.

you mean you have NEVER seen it

Wanted to add, that an EBT where I live is for food stamps and you cannot get cash back on it. You can't even buy anything with it that is not a food item.

Now I have met people trying to get me to give them $40 cash and offer to buy me $80 worth of groceries on their card, but that is fraud so I always decline.

Also wanted to add that birth control does not cost $4 a month or even $10 a month . When I was a young college student over 10 years ago I went to (uh oh....) Planned Parenthood and got on BC. It was $25 a month. If I were to get it currently with my insurance it would be $20 per month so now that I have more money and am better off, it would actually be less than it was when I was a poor, starving college student.

It is also interesting to hear so many tell others to be responsible and get on BC. I know a lot of very anti-abortion people who believe that life begins at conception and they know (I guess others don't) that one of the primary ways that birth control works is to keep a fertilized egg from implanting in the womb (this is the case for all hormonal BC and especially IUDs like Mirena and Paraguard) because of their beliefs they are against all forms of BC because all BC except barrier methods is a form of abortificient so if you are against abortion, then you should also be against all hormonal forms and IUD birth control options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 01:11 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
will liberals ever fugure out to TRAIN and put the welfare/poor to WORK

I know work is a 4letter word to liberals...liberals just think to can have cradle to grave entitlement and the middleclass will keep paying for it with a smile and a wink

liberals would not recognize REALITY if it smacked them in the face
Another reality check for a conservative.

There are not enough jobs in the USA for every person who is trying to get one.

Gee, hasn't that been in the news an awful lot lately?

Old 04-01-2011, 01:20 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComeBackKid View Post
Why do many pro-lifers (I am pro-life) want to ban abortion but also shut out the child from ever climbing out of poverty?

"Social Justice" is a requirement of the faith, if you are Christian.
I suspect you've been listening to false prophets. If you are a Christian yourself you should research your church better.

Please quote the precise scripture(s) requiring "social justice" by the government rather than voluntary charity by an indivudual.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:20 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Also wanted to add that birth control does not cost $4 a month or even $10 a month ..
walmart has it for $4/ month

walgreens has it for 12/month
http://www.walgreens.com/images/psc/...nericsList.pdf

toodles

Old 04-01-2011, 01:22 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

There are not enough jobs in the USA for every person who is trying to get one. :smack:

Gee, hasn't that been in the news an awful lot lately?
there are plenty of jobs..but many are not WILLING to take those jobs

you want welfare, fine ..push a broom sweeping the street..but work for my tax dollars

Old 04-01-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
So what? Who cares what other countries do? You CANNOT get BCP's in the USA without a prescription.
Quote:
wanna bet

Hmmmm.........I guess I missed another trait of conservatives.

They condone buying drugs illegally.

Not surprising, since they would like to ban legal, safe, abortion, knowing full well illegal abortion would quickly take its place.

Gee, I wonder what conservatives have to gain from a "medical black market" in this country?

Oh......I know! It would require MORE governmnent police agencies and MORE prisons and MORE costs to the tax payer!

Old 04-01-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
there are plenty of jobs..but many are not WILLING to take those jobs

you want welfare, fine ..push a broom sweeping the street..but work for my tax dollars
That is simply not so. There are not enough jobs for those that WANT to work, let alone for those that don't. That is reality.

Cutting funding for services that help to control population growth and banning abortion, is not the way to go if you want to have a decrease in the amount of people who need tax payer assistance to survive.

Better to pay a little now, than a lot later. WHY can't conservatives comprehend that concept?

Old 04-01-2011, 02:13 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Here is another REALITY check for a conservative.

People do pay for their own abortions..........the government does not.

Well, except in cases of rape or incest. Even a conservative couldn't sink so low as to require a victim to pay for their own abortion.

Oh wait........Sarah Palin required rape victims to pay for their own rape kits! My bad.
REALITY check for liberals.

The government gives PP tax dollars, and PP in turn performs abortions. See how the math works?

Old 04-01-2011, 02:15 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
That is simply not so. There are not enough jobs for those that WANT to work, let alone for those that don't. That is reality.

Cutting funding for services that help to control population growth and banning abortion, is not the way to go if you want to have a decrease in the amount of people who need tax payer assistance to survive.

Better to pay a little now, than a lot later. WHY can't conservatives comprehend that concept?
REALITY check for liberals. If you NEED tax payer assistance to survive, then you aren't worth the oxygen you're breathing. What would you do if there was no more taxpayer assistance? Die? Well, maybe we should just cut out the middle step, save me some tax dollars, and call it good.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
REALITY check for liberals.

The government gives PP tax dollars, and PP in turn performs abortions. See how the math works?

Tax payer money IS NOT used by Planned Parenthood to preform abortions.

Tax funds and the PRIVATE funds that go towards abortions are kept strictly seperate. This is overseen by government audits.

But since when are conservatives interested in the FACTS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies