Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 10:11 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't know when this was detected, but a radiation Cloud from Japan has reached Bakersfield, CA

I don't know when the Japanese are going to stop trying to save face, and just fill it up with concrete, like they did in Russia?
Japan radiation is now 10,000 times above the government standard. It's news just breaking now.

FoxNews.com - Breaking News | Latest News | Current News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 12:58 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Japan radiation is now 10,000 times above the government standard. It's news just breaking now.

Yes, I know, however, every one else makes a joke out of it....I had heard this yesterday....and the news may be Exaggerating, however, I do know that 3 Mile Island was much worse then they ever reported, and odd, the Center for Disease Control's last public survey on the highest levels of cancer per state, was put out in 2007...and PA, NJ, DE are the states with the highest cases of cancer....

This may not effect our generation, but there will be effects....on the next generation, and the next...
they are even finding, and they knew this for a long time, that X-rays are detramental....

and I don't buy into Media Hype, more so, life experience, research and listening to people

and I'm not wrong about the fact, that there are no safe levels of radiation...and also, there is no proven fact to date, how long chemicals stay in the ground until they finally disapate...

thank you for your support....

folks, please be my guest, laugh and mock away....instead of discussing it, the only thing it seems you know how to do is making a fool out of someone who is not only open for discussion, but curious to get feedback on a mature level....

amazing how cruel people can be today....simply amazing...

Old 03-31-2011, 01:04 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

That's equivalent to the amount of Vitamin C and Kelp I am now taking.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Yes, I know, however, every one else makes a joke out of it....I had heard this yesterday....and the news may be Exaggerating, however, I do know that 3 Mile Island was much worse then they ever reported, and odd, the Center for Disease Control's last public survey on the highest levels of cancer per state, was put out in 2007...and PA, NJ, DE are the states with the highest cases of cancer....

This may not effect our generation, but there will be effects....on the next generation, and the next...
they are even finding, and they knew this for a long time, that X-rays are detramental....

and I don't buy into Media Hype, more so, life experience, research and listening to people

and I'm not wrong about the fact, that there are no safe levels of radiation...and also, there is no proven fact to date, how long chemicals stay in the ground until they finally disapate...

thank you for your support....

folks, please be my guest, laugh and mock away....instead of discussing it, the only thing it seems you know how to do is making a fool out of someone who is not only open for discussion, but curious to get feedback on a mature level....

amazing how cruel people can be today....simply amazing...
I think most of us are just trying to keep this in perspective. Thankful not to be in Japan, not much to do other than wash clothes and take a shower if in an area where the rainwater may carry some of the radioactivity. Go buy some canned or powered milk and bottled water if that concerns you. Panic serves no useful purpose while planning and preparation do.

Do you have a link about the "cloud" of radiation over Bakersfield yet?

Old 03-31-2011, 01:43 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times

YouTube - Holly Dolly Don't Worry Be Happy

Old 03-31-2011, 02:08 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Trust your leader. He said this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp7aDJLUf-U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNKNTZQMQ3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFLCoECneJU

Old 03-31-2011, 02:29 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,515,398 times
Its interesting that the Gov. in PA says oh don't worry when if the rainwater is 3,300 times more than the max. limit and since its nearly Spring planting time and considering all the people who get their water from springs - maybe 3,300 times too much radiation is a bit too much and something to be concerned about. Oh wait NO Britney Spears is opening a nationwide tour so forget all about radiation, war ect............IF anybody trusts the Gov't to be truthful or care about your health I got some condo's just outside of Omaha with views of the Arctic Ocean real cheap.
I think both in Japan and here are in alot more trouble than is being told by the mainstream media/Gov't, yesterday after assuring us everything was tiny and nothing to worry about the EPA announced its raising the max. numbers on what is considered safe. Also consider a couple weeks ago they told us it was not going to really get here in any real quanity due to distance, weather ect. Now look its all over the U.S., Iceland, Europe, Russia, China. All ya can really do at this point is pray about it and try not to worry.

http://enenews.com/radioactive-iodin...water-standard

Last edited by Watchman57; 03-31-2011 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: forgot to add link

Old 03-31-2011, 02:35 PM

Ahhhh, but he said, "we do not expect harmful levels to reach the US....right?

They don't want to create panic, and that I can understand...and I'm not saying we're all going to die, what I'm saying is, there will be many more cancers and diseases...and our children to come will have many more immune deficencies, not to mention what we are yet to discover....

Birds are falling out of the sky, fish are coming up dead in droves, and cancer is on the rise...especially in our children...due to our intake of chemicals and hormones, and radon, plus any radiation added is of course, a safe level...yeah, right...

I'm not freaking out, just stating facts...and I could be wrong...however...??????

thanks for your support, I totally agree with you...

Tried to give you reps, however it didn't work right, so I hope you got them...great to see you....

Old 03-31-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Its interesting that the Gov. in PA says oh don't worry when if the rainwater is 3,300 times more than the max. limit and since its nearly Spring planting time and considering all the people who get their water from springs - maybe 3,300 times too much radiation is a bit too much and something to be concerned about. Oh wait NO Britney Spears is opening a nationwide tour so forget all about radiation, war ect............IF anybody trusts the Gov't to be truthful or care about your health I got some condo's just outside of Omaha with views of the Arctic Ocean real cheap.
I think both in Japan and here are in alot more trouble than is being told by the mainstream media/Gov't, yesterday after assuring us everything was tiny and nothing to worry about the EPA announced its raising the max. numbers on what is considered safe. Also consider a couple weeks ago they told us it was not going to really get here in any real quanity due to distance, weather ect. Now look its all over the U.S., Iceland, Europe, Russia, China. All ya can really do at this point is pray about it and try not to worry.

Radioactive Iodine-131 in Pennsylvania rainwater sample is 3300% above federal drinking water standard « Energy News
Thanks Watchman, I appreciate your support, couldn't give you reps, you know the story....and your absolutely right...
and the EPA, I called the EPA years ago, when they treated our lake with chemicals to kill the algie, they said we could swim in that water 4 hours after it was treated...however, 1 hour later, tons of fish were floating...dead, they had to come back with 55 gal drums to pick them up and discard them.....

it's all about money and if you have enough to pay off the right people...period....it has nothing to do with parties, as each party is as corrupt as the other....it's all about money...we've been going in this direction for many years...even blacktop is toxic....and your pressure treated deck...all those toxins along with chemicals are leaching into our water table...plus they are treating our water here with arsnic??????

and worry, I'm not worried, I've said this for a long time now, human beings will be they're own demise, it is inevitable....they don't tell the truth, b/c people would seriously panic...just look at how people acted in Philly after they WON the series...they looted and started fires, etc...embarrassing and they should be ashamed...however, it proves that people would indeed go off the deep end...

oh and watchman, your a real gentleman!

Last edited by cremebrulee; 03-31-2011 at 02:46 PM..

Old 03-31-2011, 02:55 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
I don't know when this was detected, but a radiation Cloud from Japan has reached Bakersfield, CA

I don't know when the Japanese are going to stop trying to save face, and just fill it up with concrete, like they did in Russia?
Yes and the milk suppliers in California are reporting that it's in the milk.

Low Levels Of Radiation Reach U.S. Milk Supply
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies