Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 03:04 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

Yanno Watchman, I have MS and am very alergic to iodine, can't eat seafood anymore
I wonder why? maybe it's from 2nd hand smoke?

years ago, I read an article that blacktop was the worse thing you can walk your dog on...because of the toxic chemicals...you walk them, they come in and lick they're feet....plus the dies they put in mulch...so we can have nice gardens...they are extremely toxic....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 03-31-2011 at 03:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Yes and the milk suppliers in California are reporting that it's in the milk.

Low Levels Of Radiation Reach U.S. Milk Supply
to be quit honest with you, it's been in the milk and our food sources for a long long time....due to the bomb tested they experimented with many years ago...right here in the good ol USA....plus the Chernobyl accident...

I don't know what or why the Japanese are fooling around for, and why they don't start pouring concrete on those 4 reactors...like Russia did....

we learned that in junior high school...and I'm pretty old...

Old 03-31-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Really? So it's not safe for you to have the sun shine on you for one millisecond? How about that radiation being emitted by your son/daughter/dog/cat/mother? You do realize that any object that has a temperature greater than absolute zero emits radiation, right?

But hey, if you're that concerned, please turn off your computer/laptop/smartphone and stop posting here. You're being exposed to radiation from those devices. In fact, turn off your lights too.
oh and you forgot electric power lines....
and tires...

funny, but now, when a road is dug up, the EPA comes in and designates a dump site for that old blacktop??????...I find that quit funny, with all the thousands of miles of roads in our country? kinda lacks common sense?

Old 03-31-2011, 03:16 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
That's a shame. I was thinking maybe San Francisco or any other Liberal Hamlet in California would be a better fit for that cloud.
Wow talk about nasty.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:22 PM

I want to thank all of you who have constructively and wisely added to this thread....it's always a pleasure...

This is the only way one can learn, by discussions...and sharing information nicely...

Old 03-31-2011, 03:34 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Yes and the milk suppliers in California are reporting that it's in the milk.

Low Levels Of Radiation Reach U.S. Milk Supply

What milk suppliers, i have not heard this and i am in O.C. and S.D. Counties when was this reported, and where have i been.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:36 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
What milk suppliers, i have not heard this and i am in O.C. and S.D. Counties when was this reported, and where have i been.
Radiation Found In U.S. Milk Supply - Murrieta, CA Patch

Quote:
“These types of findings are to be expected in the coming days and are far below levels of public health concern, including for infants and children," the press statement said. "Iodine-131 has a very short half-life of approximately eight days, and the level detected in milk and milk products is therefore expected to drop relatively quickly.”
They say there's no health threat because it's a very low amount.

It's still there. And this is just the beginning.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:31 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Think about all the nuclear tests we performed right here in the U.S. back in the late 30's early 40's.
I would, but the US never conducted in nuclear tests in the "late 30's early 40's."

Those test were conducted from 1945 to the early 1960s.

Even so, there is no relation between them and what is happening in Japan.

You would expect to see Strontium-90 from the detonation of nuclear weapon, but you wouldn't see it from a reactor melt-down. You'd see Strontium-94 instead. And the difference? Strontium-94 has a half-life of about 1 minute, Strontium-90 about 30 years or so.

And the reason is because the fission reactions in a nuclear reactor are moderated, and those in nuclear weapon are not (obviously), that's why reactors produce Strontium-94 and not Strontium-90.

Actually, I think it's a waste of time. You people are so ignorant you don't even know what you're afraid of.

All of your food has radiation in it. Carbon-14 (just to name one of many). It just can't be helped. If you want to live on this planet, you're going to have to eat and breath radioactive Carbon-14.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I would, but the US never conducted in nuclear tests in the "late 30's early 40's."

Those test were conducted from 1945 to the early 1960s.

Even so, there is no relation between them and what is happening in Japan.

You would expect to see Strontium-90 from the detonation of nuclear weapon, but you wouldn't see it from a reactor melt-down. You'd see Strontium-94 instead. And the difference? Strontium-94 has a half-life of about 1 minute, Strontium-90 about 30 years or so.

And the reason is because the fission reactions in a nuclear reactor are moderated, and those in nuclear weapon are not (obviously), that's why reactors produce Strontium-94 and not Strontium-90.

Actually, I think it's a waste of time. You people are so ignorant you don't even know what you're afraid of.

All of your food has radiation in it. Carbon-14 (just to name one of many). It just can't be helped. If you want to live on this planet, you're going to have to eat and breath radioactive Carbon-14.
well then, I stand corrected, you are right, about the dates...
and you had me until this....

"Actually, I think it's a waste of time. You people are so ignorant you don't even know what you're afraid of."

How extremely hateful and rude...
your name, Mercia, reminds me of one word...mercy...

Old 03-31-2011, 05:10 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
They sky is falling, OMG, the sky is falling.

Problem is, even if it were a problem there isn't a damned thing you can do about it. Well, unless you're superman and can go to the Pacific coast and blow real hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies