U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-02-2011, 12:42 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,946 posts, read 21,933,320 times
Reputation: 6537

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Do you have a link with a chart showing the months and years showing 700,000 job losses under Bush?
Here you go:

Non-Farm Payrolls Chart and Historical Data

Select the time period you choose.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-02-2011, 12:46 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,946 posts, read 21,933,320 times
Reputation: 6537
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you have nothing to dispute the FACTS presented and have to resort to living in denial?
The fact is the GOP had FULL CONTROL of BOTH HOUSES of CONGRESS and the WHITE HOUSE for SIX YEARS.

YOU have had no problem faulting the Democrats for being unable to get things done from 2008-2010 when they had a similar lead in Congress and the GOP stonewalled them, but SOMEHOW when the shoe is on the other foot it's somehow not the fault of the GOP that they couldn't get anything done - EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD 3 TIMES AS LONG controlling Congress. The fact is, the GOP had SIX YEARS of full control. It they couldn't get it done THEN, then clearly they were simply not up to the job.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2011, 12:47 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Reputation: 27519
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
EVERY SINGLE MAJOR NATION ON EARTH did the same thing (ie pumping money into the economy) - every single one.
There's a reason for that - it WORKS.
Rightwing political pundits try and make it sound like Obama was doing something radical and unheard of - when it fact it was Standard Operating Procedure for nations all around the globe in such a crises to do that very thing.

Ken
And they stopped last year and went to CUTTING.
We haven't. We have a deadlocked Congress that do not want to make those hard decisions to cut for fear of them not getting re-elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2011, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,451 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Reputation: 9399
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That was NOT his mission.. His mission was to encourage home ownership, just like every dam president that came before him.. Not ones they couldnt qualify for.. Stop with the political bickering while LYING about peoples positions.

In fact Bush tried to STOP people from getting mortgages, he tried to increase the liquidity valies of both Fannie and Freddie, and Democrats again BLOCKED this increased security demands..
He said it was his mission, so I'll take his word for it. And he did push through 40 deregulatios to enable people to get loans when they had absolutely no qualifications. It is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2011, 12:51 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,599,519 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The fact is the GOP had FULL CONTROL of BOTH HOUSES of CONGRESS and the WHITE HOUSE.
No they didnt.. having majority, doesnt mean full control.. Again, return to 5th grade to learn how Congress operates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
YOU have had no problem faulting the Democrats for being unable to get things done from 2008-2010 when they had a similar lead in Congress and the GOP stonewalled them,
I stopped right here laughing so hard, I had the whole house wondering what the heck I was reading.

The GOP stonewalled the Democrats from 2008-2010, but clearly the Democrats didnt do the same thing to the GOP right?

Do you want to reword this so I can stop laughing at your flip flopping right in the same posting?

In addition, you also fail to recognize I fault the Democrats FOR DOING SOMETHING.. not for NOT doing something..
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
but SOMEHOW when the shoe is on the other foot it's somehow not the fault of the GOP that they couldn't get anything done - EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD 3 TIMES AS LONG controlling Congress. The fact is, the GOP had SIX YEARS of full control. It they couldn't get it done THEN, then clearly they were simply not up to the job.

Ken
ken ken ken.. the humor from you never stops.. You could have control of Congress forever and if the opposition party doesnt support your plans and has enough votes to stop you.. they can
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2011, 12:53 PM
 
Location: NJ
18,677 posts, read 16,438,494 times
Reputation: 7274
This was a fairly good report, but coming out of a recession this deep should produce gains in excess of 300,000 month after month. 8 million jobs lost; 150k per month required just to stay flat as more people enter the nation and workforce. That means first 1.8 mill added per year keeps you flat. So if we did 3.8 million per year, it would take 4 YEARS of that to offset 8 million jobs lost. (2 mill/yr above # needed for employment population growth)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2011, 12:53 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,599,519 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He said it was his mission, so I'll take his word for it. And he did push through 40 deregulatios to enable people to get loans when they had absolutely no qualifications. It is what it is.
Find me where Bush said it was his mission to put people in homes they couldnt afford.

I challenge you to find anything to prove this to be true. If you want to take his word for it, first you must be able to comprehend what he said.. Clearly you cant because he NEVER said he wanted people to buy homes they couldnt afford.

I challenge you to prove he said what you claim he said.. I posted videos here of Bushs proposed legislation to limit Fannie/Freddie loans, increase their liquidities, and they were stopped by Democrats.. Maybe you need to review them.. You and Lord can get together and get an education on who STOPPED reform because it wasnt Bush.. it was DEMOCRATS..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2011, 12:54 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,946 posts, read 21,933,320 times
Reputation: 6537
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And they stopped last year and went to CUTTING.
We haven't. We have a deadlocked Congress that do not want to make those hard decisions to cut for fear of them not getting re-elected.
Countries exit the process at their own rate and at their own time. We're starting to do it too. We're winding down the stimulus and the Fed will likely start raising interest rates later this year to cool down the economy (just as it's always done to fight inflation).

It IS true that Congress - despite the claims of the Tea Party Candidates - will have problems making the cuts, but it WILL HAPPEN (though not at the rate the Tea Party wants it to). Personally, I'd RATHER see a more measured reduction in spending than a drastic "slash and burn" approach. It's a fine path that needs to be walked - one that balances reducing the deficit with not cutting so fast that it puts us back into recession.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2011, 12:58 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
18,946 posts, read 21,933,320 times
Reputation: 6537
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
:

ken ken ken.. the humor from you never stops.. You could have control of Congress forever and if the opposition party doesnt support your plans and has enough votes to stop you.. they can
So, show me the votes - with totals by party - where the Democrats stopped the GOP from making the fixes necessary to the impending housing mess. Show me where they did it all by themselves, without any GOPs.

Show me the vote counts.
Show me the counts or the filibusters or whatever for all these 17 attempts by Bush.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2011, 01:00 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 53,599,519 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Countries exit the process at their own rate and at their own time. We're starting to do it too. We're winding down the stimulus
The recovery of the recession is BECAUSE we are winding down the stimulus.. We are not winding down the stimulus because we are recovering..
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
and the Fed will likely start raising interest rates later this year to cool down the economy (just as it's always done to fight inflation).
oooh, Huffington POS is now starting to blame the sure to come interest rate increases on an attempt to slow down the recovery.. thats just funny.. It wouldnt have anything to do with needing to pay investors more in order to entice them to buy our debt, would it? The fact that you can buy the bull crap that they will be cooling down the economy in just a few months is too much humor to handle..

Btw, want to tell me what this increased interest rate will do to our deficits?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top