Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 11:11 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times

Advertisements

President Obama has pulled America back from the brink.

Even Faux News has to admit the truth

Discuss.

Jobs Up, Unemployment Down -- The Numbers Prove U.S. Economy Is Finally Picking Up Steam - FoxNews.com

Job growth good for Obama's job security - Apr. 1, 2011

March jobs report: Jobs gain, unemployment falls - Apr. 1, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 11:18 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,469,405 times
unemployment is improving because he continued the bush tax cuts

thank you

A big factor in the lower unemployment rate is that many people who stopped looking for jobs during the recession still haven't started looking for one. So they're not counted as unemployed. The proportion of people who either have a job or are looking for one is surprisingly low for this stage of the recovery.

Local governments, wrestling with budget shortfalls, cut 15,000 workers last month and are expected to keep shedding jobs. Home prices are falling amid weak sales and a record number of foreclosures. Higher food and gas prices are leaving consumers with less disposable income to spend on other goods and services.

Workers' paychecks were flat in March. Average hourly earnings held steady at $22.87, unchanged from February. Workers have little bargaining power to demand big pay raises because the job market is still healing slowly.

Aside from layoffs by local governments, other sectors eliminating jobs included construction, transportation and warehousing, and information services, such as telecommunications. State government hiring was flat, after four straight months of layoffs.

yep oh so rosey

Old 04-01-2011, 11:18 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,105 times
Please don't tell me you blamed Obama for the stock market going up.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:20 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,325 times
I doubt if you'll get any of the naysayers to change their tune. It's their favorite record!

Old 04-01-2011, 11:22 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
I'd say Fox news was pretty accurate. Its GOOD for Obamas job security, but no where is Obama to get credit. Coincidently the unemployment goes up as the stimulus bill winds down? Coincidence the unemployment goes down as tax cuts get extended? Coincidence unemployment goes down as the GOP gains the House stopping Democrats from their destructive policies?

I think not..

Old 04-01-2011, 11:31 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'd say Fox news was pretty accurate. Its GOOD for Obamas job security, but no where is Obama to get credit. Coincidently the unemployment goes up as the stimulus bill winds down? Coincidence the unemployment goes down as tax cuts get extended? Coincidence unemployment goes down as the GOP gains the House stopping Democrats from their destructive policies?

I think not..
And Coincidently seasonal summer jobs are hiring again.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:34 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Can someone clue me in. With the exception of summer associate positions at law firms and the summer youth employment programs that are run throughout the summer, what is the seasonal summer jobs thing people are talking about? I never knew this to be a peak time of hiring.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Considering surveys recently that 50%+ of the CEO's plan to hire in the next 6 months, a 9 year record, I'd say its more than just summer jobs. Its a true sign of recovery..

Now we can begin to celebrate with TRUE hiring taking place.. But lets give credit where credit is due.. Its definately NOT Obama..

Old 04-01-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Can someone clue me in. With the exception of summer associate positions at law firms and the summer youth employment programs that are run throughout the summer, what is the seasonal summer jobs thing people are talking about? I never knew this to be a peak time of hiring.
You always get a summer job boost because of things like landscaping, outdoor home remodeling etc..

Old 04-01-2011, 11:39 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
President Obama has pulled America back from the brink........
April Fool!

Debunking Government’s Tweaking on Economic Numbers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies