Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 08:53 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
[/b]

As usual you form your opinions and make claims on subjects you no nothing about.

Because YOU have never heard of it doesn't make it so.

My grandson in his senior year of high school was only required to take ONE course, senior English, because he had already fulfilled all the other requirements. The school offered some college level classes so he took them. He could have attended the Community College.

My granddaughter took classes at the local Community College in her senior year instead of taking some useless elective classes.

Many kids today have the required credits, except maybe for senior English, to graduate early,

And this isn't new. In my senior year, 1965, we had many students in a "Work for Credit" program. They attended class half day and worked have day.

Please do some research before making blanket statements, "I never heard of a HS senior attending school less than full time".
Jeez, Louise! Such an impassioned response to a statement I stand by. I never heard of it! Period. My youngest graduated in 2005 and while there were a few kids taking maybe one class at the local university, virtually all the seniors were in school all day. I might add, if one graduates early, one is not in school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 08:59 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Default Tea Party Gov of Maine wants to bring back child labor

Do any of you recall that new teabag senator from Utah on this same subject a couple of months ago?

GOP senator: Federal ban on child labor is unconstitutional | The Raw Story

So, teabaggers support:

child labor
tax cuts for billionaires
privatization of everything

And teabaggers oppose:

teachers
public schools
labor unions

In short, they support all things favorable to the wealthy and oppose all things favorable to workers. And yet, they become spittle-spewing angry when anyone says they're pawns of corporatist manipulation.

No wonder they think Palin and Bachmann are intellectuals.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:01 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I never heard of a HS senior attending school less than full time.
I did.. my senior year consisted of..

Gym...

Old 04-02-2011, 09:03 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Hey, kids used to get 6 cents a ton in the mines, I'm sure Massey and the Koch Brothers are all for that.
That will also solve the day care problem. The problem is that we keep thinking humanity plays some role in this

Old 04-02-2011, 10:44 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Meh, I had 2 jobs by the time I was 17, this was my first car, and yes, I bought it myself.
Personally, I wouldnt do it again. (the jobs, not the car)
Nice car!

Old 04-02-2011, 10:52 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Nice car!
I looooooved that car!!!!!!
It was the first thing I ever bought myself, I was 17.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:16 AM

401 posts, read 473,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Do any of you recall that new teabag senator from Utah on this same subject a couple of months ago?

GOP senator: Federal ban on child labor is unconstitutional | The Raw Story

So, teabaggers support:

child labor
tax cuts for billionaires
privatization of everything

And teabaggers oppose:

teachers
public schools
labor unions

In short, they support all things favorable to the wealthy and oppose all things favorable to workers. And yet, they become spittle-spewing angry when anyone says they're pawns of corporatist manipulation.

No wonder they think Palin and Bachmann are intellectuals.

You seem to be very comfortable with "teabaggers." Personal experience ?

Old 04-02-2011, 11:48 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Smile Remember who started the teabagger thing?

You're trying real hard to forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog32 View Post
You seem to be very comfortable with "teabaggers."
Self-labelling. I didn't come up with that term. The teabaggers grabbed that handle all on their own.

Quote:
Personal experience ?

You?

teabaggers

Old 04-02-2011, 12:30 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Default potato farmers and blueberry fields

Sounds like Portland creep seeping northward into Maine. Next thing you know the settlement of liberal elite that populate VT will be edging over the maple curtain to join in with MA and Portland folk at the end of the Boston railway to smother the rest of Maine in left coast blather and social science. Quimbly land is spreading.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:39 PM

14,482 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is the ultimate goal of the hard right tea party. Abolish the middle class and labor laws. Open sweat shops, no benefits, no environmental control, child labor, working 12-16 hours a day, making pennies an hour at best, turn the US into a third world country while the fat cats laugh all the way to the bank.
And I'm sure that you can link the Tea Party Manifesto that outlines all of this.
Unless of course you are simply an unhinged liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies