Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2011, 11:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,423,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What exactly did Jones accomplish by burning the Koran in public?
What does anyone accomplish by burning the US Flag ?
What does anyone accomplish by burning a Bible ?

Why such kow-towing to Islamic extremists ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 12:09 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,383,736 times
I am curious as to what would happen with all of the Islam Radical Extremists if someone organized a "National Koran Book Burning Day" in the US. Thousands of Korans burning in the street driving the Muslim Extremists right out of their crazy freeking minds. Would their heads explode? Would the eyeballs pop out of their heads?

Now I am not condoning this at all. But if one crazy guy burns a Koran, and all these people are attacked and killed over it, what would happen if thousands were burned as a protest against the Muslim Extremists?

Would the entire world break out in war?

Old 04-04-2011, 12:10 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,198,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
As I said earlier in this thread, those in the civil rights movement broke the law, knowing full well their acts would incite violent responses from idiots. By your logic, MLK and other leaders of this movement are responsible for the violent acts they incited.

I happen to disagree. Some times it's appropriate to stand up to evil, and call it what it is. Radical Islam is a far greater evil than even the worst of the civil rights abuses of the 50s and 60s, as abhorent as they were. Jones actions were a protest to the actions of violent Islam, no more, no less.

Participating voluntarily in a civil rights movement to correct injustices, knowing full well there may be consequences, in no way compares to burning a Koran when asked not to, as it would put the lives of others at risk. The pastor was making a statement--nothing more, nothing less--knowing full well that "statement" would very likely lead to violent actions against others. He suffered no ill consequences for his actions. Others paid with their lives, perhaps never even knowing why they had been targeted.

What is so hard to understand about that?

Old 04-04-2011, 12:16 PM

39,838 posts, read 26,470,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Participating voluntarily in a civil rights movement to correct injustices, knowing full well there may be consequences, in no way compares to burning a Koran when asked not to, as it would put the lives of others at risk. The pastor was making a statement--nothing more, nothing less--knowing full well that "statement" would very likely lead to violent actions against others. He suffered no ill consequences for his actions. Others paid with their lives, perhaps never even knowing why they had been targeted.

The slaughter of innocent people that don't follow your particular belief is more repugnant than different water fountains. The death penalty via whipping or stoneing for being a rape VICTIM is worse than segregated schools. Both actions and facts are abhorant and deserve to be protested and condemned.

Some things are evil and deserve condemnation. Racical Islam (to be more precise, brutal acts commited in the name of Islam) is one of them.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,423,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

That everyone all over the world has to tip-toe around Islam and don't do or say anything that might get some extremists in another country "upset" to the point of murder ?

Is that what you are saying ?

The USG tried that with the US Flag in the 60's when Flag burning became popular with the protesters and all these laws were enacted to make burning the Flag a crime.

NMAH | The Flag in the Sixties
"..the 1989 U.S. Supreme Court ruling Texas v. Johnson, which struck down all state and federal flag protection laws as violating the First Amendment right to free speech."

Old 04-04-2011, 12:20 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,602,269 times
Quote:
I hope pastor Terry Jones is satisfied with whatever he thinks he accomplished by burning the Koran. Innocent people paid a terrible price for his stupidity!

So you complain about this burning but when over just the last yr..100's if not into the 1000's of christians have been killed in the M.E. and Africa just for being...Christian and you expect me or other people to care?
Plzzz
I mean think about these muslims....America goes over to Iraq and Afg to help free these people and 1 guy burns a Kuran and they riot and kill...screw'em...These people are savages,when they wake up and get out of the 8 or 9 century then I'll care.
As for Gen.Petraus...I did like him, until he gets on the air and practically kisses there a$$es,honestly they want to kill Americans with or without a burning.....What a Sap!

As far as I'm concerned...burn baby burn!

Old 04-04-2011, 12:28 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,978,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post

So you complain about this burning but when over just the last yr..100's if not into the 1000's of christians have been killed in the M.E. and Africa just for being...Christian and you expect me or other people to care?
Plzzz
I mean think about these muslims....America goes over to Iraq and Afg to help free these people and 1 guy burns a Kuran and they riot and kill...screw'em...These people are savages,when they wake up and get out of the 8 or 9 century then I'll care.
As for Gen.Petraus...I did like him, until he gets on the air and practically kisses there a$$es,honestly they want to kill Americans with or without a burning.....What a Sap!

As far as I'm concerned...burn baby burn!

It's instances like this is why we need to get the F*** OUT of the Middle East and tell them to go pound salt! If they don't like it then TOO BAD!!! If the ones that are over here want to ***** about it, then they can kindly pack their s*** and move back to their 3rd world hell holes where they came from! Sorry! I'm pretty tolerant of others beliefs and cultures, but they had better not hold myself or other Americans hostage, because of their radical beliefs!

Old 04-04-2011, 01:27 PM

915 posts, read 1,189,715 times
Quote:
What exactly did Jones accomplish by burning the Koran in public?
Blaming Pastor Terry for the murders in Afghanistan is like blaming rape on the woman for dressing too sexy. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:19 PM

169 posts, read 344,143 times
what I find confusing is the people found out about the koran burning through youtube....these people are so poor and needy and we are supposed to be there to help them out but they have the time and money to go on youtube, WOW!!!
these people are the worst scum imaginable and use there religion to justify there hatred even satanists dont go out on killing sprees and thats considered the most evil of all things
here we are sending our family & friends & neighbors to help them out and feed them and clothe them and build them up in positive ways and what do they do start killing us over one incredibly small group of people
how about next time we see them burning our flag or yelling kill all americans we go out and start killing there own that are over here taking advantage of our resources and living a peacefull prosperous life
sorry but I have no use for any of these ignorant savages they dont deserve to live and are the lowest of the low and will one day have to pay for all there wrong doing and so will evrybody that sympathizes with them as well

Old 04-04-2011, 02:49 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,198,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
Blaming Pastor Terry for the murders in Afghanistan is like blaming rape on the woman for dressing too sexy. You should be ashamed of yourself.
If that woman who is dressed "too sexy" walks alone down a dark alley at midnight in a bad part of town, really, she should know she is taking a greater-than-necessary risk by placing herself smack dab in the middle of harm's way. If a rape occurs under those circumstances, I don't blame her for the rape but if she had exercised a little caution and walked with a group of 4 friends and all of them were armed, the rape would not have occurred. Too many people have no common sense and Pastor Terry is one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies