Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2011, 02:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This happens to be one of the ONLY times I've ever agreed with Einstein..

The reason why medicare is worse is because so many people think they are paying into it, and the are ENTITLED to get their money back, even though there is nothing there.

Medicaid is viewed as charity, and you can cut back on charities if needed.
No you can't. Just read back a few posts to see "what about the children".
Welfare and medicaid will not be sacrificed by Congress.

SS/medicare..two entitlement programs workers put money into..their tax dollars are on the table for cuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 02:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No you can't. Just read back a few posts to see "what about the children".
Welfare and medicaid will not be sacrificed by Congress.

SS/medicare..two entitlement programs workers put money into..their tax dollars are on the table for cuts.
The difference is that medicare involves people not able to go out and find a job.. Medicaid involves people who wont..

The GOP Congress during the Clinton administration proved you could cut back on medicaid.. It was difficult and not politically popular at the time, but considered a huge success now.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:10 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,634 times
Quote:
And here we have it ladies and gentlement. The GOP trying to make SERIOUS reforms, in order to save failed liberal policies and keep them financiall stable, without bankrupting the nation, and Democrats start waaaaa waaaa.. dont take my welfare....

Maybe if your own part would stop spending on other items, running trillion dollar deficits, these cuts wouldnt be needed.

Maybe you shouldnt be shelling out your hard earned money.. Nope.. never thought of that ha?

And spare me the dribble.. When these programs and other programs run trillion dollar deficits, then it will take HARD EARNED MONEY to pay the taxes to make up for the deficits in the future.

Why do you not care about the children who will be taxed to hell to pay for your programs Kerby?
Wow. We finally agree on something.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:19 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Wow. We finally agree on something.
I am still wondering how this proposal is better than the one from November, which was practically identical. Why do the opponents of that proposal suddenly support this one?

Old 04-04-2011, 03:43 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,590,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Here's the article o the link below...Republicans are trying to slash Medicare and Medicade...stay tuned...Social Security will be their next target.

House GOP budget to call for big changes to Medicare, Medicaid - CNN.com#
media alert to all:
paul ryan will be discussing this entire enchilada live on cnbc tomorrow (4/5/2011) bright and early: 7 a.m. eastern

***set your tivo's***

Old 04-04-2011, 05:18 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Wait a minute, I just thought of something

Didnt Obamacare cut medicare funding by $500 BILLION?. But all of a sudden cuts are very, very bad, now that the GOP is suggesting them?
The GOP said that cuts were very very bad, until they are cutting them.

6 one way, half a dozen another.

I'm not 60 years old, so medicare cuts don't scare me. Personally I think we should either have a national healthcare system, or not. But the in between crap we've been trying isn't working.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:31 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,590,729 times
Quote:
The reason why medicare is worse is because so many people think they are paying into it, and the are ENTITLED to get their money back, even though there is nothing there.

Medicaid is viewed as charity, and you can cut back on charities if needed.
see this list -click here. medicaid is at the top at 118 billion dollars

Old 04-04-2011, 06:02 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
see this list -click here. medicaid is at the top at 118 billion dollars
The fastest growing part of medicaid is the nursing home support. I guess they need to put an end to it before the boomers flood the nursing homes starting in 2020 and drain the funds.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:32 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
I have been getting bits a pieces of the Ryan plan, I thought Republicans were against abortions?

Old 04-04-2011, 06:53 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,075,211 times
The title of this thread is a lie.
Rep Ryan has already said, today, that Medicare and Medicaid will be going up, just not as fast as in the past. There will be NO changes for anyone over 55 years old. He suggests that people under 55 have the same medicare coverage as people in the U.S. congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies