Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 11:39 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I do wonder how there many watched the entire speech. Half the members? A quarter? Ten?

One thing you can bet on. The cleaning crew cheered.
Why do you morons come into a thread just to troll.
Why not just scroll past and leave these threads for us that like the guy or want to learn more about him or have a healthy discussion?

Seriously. Grow up.

Rand Paul 2016

Last edited by Jean71; 03-11-2013 at 12:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 11:52 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
I don't know if this country appreciates what he did for us. He alone kept Obama's hit list outside of our shores. Because of him, the drones cannot shoot Americans within the U.S.! Thank God for Ron Paul protecting our liberties, when no one else would.
A few showed up to support him in the 11th hour, but I am remiss to give them credit for letting him hold the fort on his lonesome for over 11 hours, that's pathetic. Where was Boehner? Not one freaking democrat?
Doesn't anybody give a damn anymore?
We either clean out this Congress or we are all going down with this sinking ship.
Term limits, no more lifers.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:09 AM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I don't know if this country appreciates what he did for us. He alone kept Obama's hit list outside of our shores. Because of him, the drones cannot shoot Americans within the U.S.! Thank God for Ron Paul protecting our liberties, when no one else would.
A few showed up to support him in the 11th hour, but I am remiss to give them credit for letting him hold the fort on his lonesome for over 11 hours, that's pathetic. Where was Boehner? Not one freaking democrat?
We either clean out this Congress or we are all going down with this sinking ship.
Agreed.

I think things are going to become A LOT worse before people wake up though.

Just look how money people here don't think we have a spending problem. And think defense spending cuts will save the problems. They can't fathom that welfare and govt. programs are close to tipping the scale.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:32 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post

Amen brother!

Old 03-11-2013, 03:54 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The man has been fighting for people's freedoms and against government control, since he hit office in Jan. of 2011.

His father, a lot longer.

One day, we shall overcome.
He is indeed a freedom fighter.He`ll probably have his statue placed in the Capitol right next to Rosa Parks.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
He is indeed a freedom fighter.He`ll probably have his statue placed in the Capitol right next to Rosa Parks.

When the truth hurts, there is never debate, only insults and ridicule, from the ignorant.
Rand is closer to MLK's dream, than Obama ever will be.

All, not a select few.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:48 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,117 times
My 21 yr old son in California emailed me to say he watched the whole filibuster. My 12 yr old listened to it while we worked on his science project over the weekend. If you haven't watched, please consider it. He doesn't just read from the phone book, he makes excellent points and speaks directly to the people in an easy to understand style. Not at all trying to hide his thoughts in legal jargon. Probably because he has nothing to hide.

Thank you Rand Paul!!!

Old 03-11-2013, 09:50 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,040,487 times
He ate a chocolate bar hehe!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:57 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Jeez, and I thought Obama-worshippers were bad.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:01 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
He ate a chocolate bar hehe!

I hope you were not expecting caviar and lobster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies