Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2011, 09:15 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Nothing you have said here nullifies my point.
Perhaps I wasn't trying to nullify it, just refine it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
You do know that fire can be fought with fire or that some fires are actually good.
Sure, I also know that it doesn't tend to work well with populations.

Divide and conquer. We cannot drive a cultural and political wedge between the good muslims and the bad muslims if we treat them all like bad muslims.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
There is nothing anyone can say, no matter how outrageous, that should lead to murder of innocent people.

I don't care for Jones but he has the right to speak his mind, if we start taking away our freedom of speech, what's next?

Do we really want to live like the North Koreans where speaking out will get you killed and everything you do is decided by the Il?

If a Muslim burns the Bible would you say they should be charged and give me the right to murder innocents?
I agree. However, pastor Jones should go to Afghanistan and burn the Koran's there. This will give the message that Jones wants to make, a powerful impact!

If Jones is killed, it is not a result of his Koran burning.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:38 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I agree. However, pastor Jones should go to Afghanistan and burn the Koran's there. This will give the message that Jones wants to make, a powerful impact!

If Jones is killed, it is not a result of his Koran burning.

I agree. Go to Afghanistan and make your statement, Pastor Jones!!

Let the consequences of his irresponsible actions fall upon him instead of others.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:40 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What if there was a community group that told you that kids were being sold drugs and there was a HIGH possibility some of those kids would die, would you still go to bat for the drug dealer and call the cops thugs like Progressives love to do?
Never done that before, so why start now? To be honest with you I don't even know what you are talking about here

Old 04-05-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I agree. Go to Afghanistan and make your statement, Pastor Jones!!

Let the consequences of his irresponsible actions fall upon him instead of others.
He's far too cowardly.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:45 AM

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
What is wrong is that no one wants to give Pastor Jones what he so clearly needs .... to be as my late mother said, therapeutically ignored.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:48 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
He's far too cowardly.
Totally agree!!!

Yet, his supporters on this, and the other threads on this subject can't see that. They applaud him for standing up for "free speech", no matter who gets killed in the fallout.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:49 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,190,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Sure, I also know that it doesn't tend to work well with populations.

Divide and conquer. We cannot drive a cultural and political wedge between the good muslims and the bad muslims if we treat them all like bad muslims.
There will never be a wedge between them as long as the extreme Muslims are so willing to kill in the name of Allah. I truely think most Muslims fear the extremists and are afraid to speak out for fear of death.

I know for a fact that there are extremely radical Muslims right here in the good ol USA, I just don't know which ones they are. Do you know how to differentiate the good from the bad, other than the bombs strapped to their bodies?

Old 04-05-2011, 09:50 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
What is wrong is that no one wants to give Pastor Jones what he so clearly needs .... to be as my late mother said, therapeutically ignored.
You are right, we should pray for him. We should pray that the Lord will remove the venom from his heart, and from the hearts of his supporters (supporters in real life and here on the CD forum).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies