Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 04:25 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You shall know them by their fruits.

And when Jesus said it he was talking specifically about people like this "pastor" (false prophets). Read Matthew 7:15-20
The bible also says "judge not lest ye be judged" Matthew 7:1 and "let he who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone" John 8:7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 04:26 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Utter garbage. There's a ton of muslim on muslim killings, i.e Shia vs Sunni; quite often that results in mosques being blown up. One would imagine that more than a few Korans have been burned in these bombings. Why have we seen no murders of innocent victims during these bombings in protest of Koran burnings. You're trying to make excuses for the inexcusable. Everyone agrees the pastor is a goof, but to hold him responsible is akin to blaming a rape victim because she dressed "slutty" and she had to know that at least one man wasn't going to be able to resist. Please left go of the Leftist PC Group Think and blame the blame where it belongs. According to the Koran, you are an infidel, accept it.
How is it a left vs right issue???? Because Rush Limbaugh took the side you are taking, then that makes your stance a "right" stance???? Are you kidding me? Practically every conservative Christian in US agree with my stance on this one. Sorry, but that is just a fact. I fully agree with General Petraeus on this one. It is simple common sense.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:30 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
I can't think of any other nation where flakes like this get so much media attention.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:30 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
I think his actions equate to nothing less than aiding the enemy. He was warned by General Petraues to not do it because it would have a negative impact on the war efforts and he did it anyway.

I guess we will always have those who will support burning the US flag, or taking a dump on it, or burning the quran or whatever all in the name of free speech.
Exactly. If people don't like it they need to find a new country to live in.

This idiocy that he was responsible for giving the islamocrazies in Afreakastan a reason to kill is absurd.

Jones is a attention hores no doubt about it. But so what. I dont see you protesting all the attention hores in Hollyweird. Make no mistake about it islamocrazies think all people who support the movie industry in this country are infidels and should be killed. So lets stop making movies. That's the same stupid logic you propose when you equate Jones actions to that of the psychos in Afreakostan.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I think his actions equate to nothing less than aiding the enemy. He was warned by General Petraues to not do it because it would have a negative impact on the war efforts and he did it anyway.

I guess we will always have those who will support burning the US flag, or taking a dump on it, or burning the quran or whatever all in the name of free speech.
I do not support their actions but I do support their constitutional right to speak them.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:31 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by visvaldis View Post
i can't think of any other nation where flakes like this get so much media attention.
Winning!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2011, 04:33 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
The bible also says "judge not lest ye be judged" Matthew 7:1 and "let he who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone" John 8:7.
Did you know that the Bible approves, even encourages one member of a church to judge another? Yes, if you see a church member, especially a pastor, who is acting contrary to the teaching is Jesus, it is your duty to point it out. Why do you think the churches around the country have come together to condemn the actions of this guy? Not only should we judge them, we need to take the necessary steps to excommunicate him, to kick him out of the church so he can see his error. That is what the Bible says in case you are interested in hearing the Biblical stance on this issue.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:43 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
The reaction of those savages proved this guys point. Im thinking its time just to wash our hand of the Middle East with the exception of bombing some terrorists now and then or helping protect Israel from them.

These people are not going to change. This is who they are and how they will continue to be. Its time to get out of Afghanistan after bombing every poppy field we can find. Its time get out of Iraq after we take oil to cover our costs of rebuilding and then some.
Supposedly, there are billions of Muslims who believe in peace. Let them take up the fight against those who "distort" their religion and use it for evil. What the hell are they doing to combat this? Unless we are attacked again or know where to bomb these pigs, let's just get the hell out. Im sick of it and Im sick of them.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:54 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Maybe there should be a law against undermining war efforts of the US military. If there was such law, this guy would be guilty of it. The US military goes through a lot of trouble trying to win the hearts and minds over there, only to be undermined,or shattered by a lunatic like this. His supporters here on CD would probably approve it if he used hit 1st amendment rights to broadcast US troop movements too.
There would be a hell of a lot of liberals arrested if that law was put in place too, or have you forgotten all the protests and effort they put into undermining the war efforts over the last 10 years.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Did you know that the Bible approves, even encourages one member of a church to judge another? Yes, if you see a church member, especially a pastor, who is acting contrary to the teaching is Jesus, it is your duty to point it out. Why do you think the churches around the country have come together to condemn the actions of this guy? Not only should we judge them, we need to take the necessary steps to excommunicate him, to kick him out of the church so he can see his error. That is what the Bible says in case you are interested in hearing the Biblical stance on this issue.
I must have missed where the Bible says not to burn the Qur'an and that you and your church are the judge, jury and executioner, you must be Muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies