Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 04:37 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Earth to Ms. legal scholar. I'm not talking about abortion from a moral perspective. Murder, is a legal term. It is the unlawful killing of another human being with malice aforethought. A fetus is not a human being by law, so it therefore cannot be murdered!
In this case the law is wrong. Call it a fetus, call it a baby, call it what you want. The act of abortion ends a life PERIOD. But that is a discussion for another thread, though there is really nothing to discuss. I think it's pretty damn clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 04:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Earth to Ms. legal scholar. I'm not talking about abortion from a moral perspective. Murder, is a legal term. It is the unlawful killing of another human being with malice aforethought. A fetus is not a human being by law, so it therefore cannot be murdered!
The flaw in your argument is that if you kill a pregnant woman, you are indeed put up for murdering TWO individuals.. the woman, AND the baby... that very baby you said wasnt a human being is indeed protected by law from being killed.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:40 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
In this case the law is wrong. Call it a fetus, call it a baby, call it what you want. The act of abortion ends a life PERIOD. But that is a discussion for another thread, though there is really nothing to discuss. I think it's pretty damn clear.
A blastocyst is a life? This really depends on what stage you're talking about. The morning after pill for example, doesn't kill a life. A 3rd trimester abortion, I agree is pretty bad except in dire circumstances.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:46 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I agree, it's a shame the right are acting like such babies. The first thing they did coming in was force through 858 billion in spending, against the will of americans. Now the right won't make any meaningful cuts. Refuse to slash military spending which the dems have proposed, refuse to cut government handouts to corporations, absolutely disgusting.

LOL, I have never heard of $4 trillion in cuts as meaningless. If that is the case what do you call what the Dems have been doing?!

Old 04-04-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The flaw in your argument is that if you kill a pregnant woman, you are indeed put up for murdering TWO individuals.. the woman, AND the baby... that very baby you said wasnt a human being is indeed protected by law from being killed.
The provision in the Unborn Victims of Violence Act specifically excludes abortion. Fetal Homicide laws are different legal entities than Roe v. Wade.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:53 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
I agree, it's a shame the right are acting like such babies. The first thing they did coming in was force through 858 billion in spending, against the will of americans. Now the right won't make any meaningful cuts. Refuse to slash military spending which the dems have proposed, refuse to cut government handouts to corporations, absolutely disgusting.
One thing about your posts, they always bring me a chuckle.

The dems did NOT pass a budget. They have spent like there is no tomorrow. The repubs have presented at least a budget WITH some minor cuts.

Where are the meaningful cuts the dems have proposed?

The dems are willing to filibuster over 300 million. Now that is a joke.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
The provision in the Unborn Victims of Violence Act specifically excludes abortion. Fetal Homicide laws are different legal entities than Roe v. Wade.
Yes I know it excludes abortions.. But the liberals like to proclaim the fetus isnt a human.. So if its not a human by law, then you shouldnt be charged with killing it...

Old 04-04-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
um.. that would have been the Democrats who passed the failed $800B stimulus bill.. not the GOP If you are referring to TARP.. That wasnt a spending bill, and that money has been returned to the taxpayers, at a PROFIT..

Old 04-04-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yes I know it excludes abortions.. But the liberals like to proclaim the fetus isnt a human.. So if its not a human by law, then you shouldnt be charged with killing it...
It's pseudo-rights for a fetus, so someone who commits a violent felony against a pregnant women at least is charged with what is essentially the unlawful termination of a pregnancy.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
It's pseudo-rights for a fetus, so someone who commits a violent felony against a pregnant women at least is charged with what is essentially the unlawful termination of a pregnancy.
I know why the bill is there.. its just liberal hypocracy though to call it a life on one bill, and a non life on another..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies