Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 03:51 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They were indeed French, but operating under the UN fig leaf as you put it. Without the UN resolution they would not have done it. Of course they have their own interests too.
I am not so sure,France has no problem intervening in it's former colonies....even to the point of killing people.

From what I just read,the people of the Ivory Cost viewed the French as an occupying force....

Old 04-05-2011, 04:14 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ivory Coast, not South Africa. Yes, they have been more aggressive lately. I wonder what's going on there in France. China has been making a lot of purchases and claims all over the world for raw materials and oil. I wonder if France is getting nervous about that.
oh well china is buying up alot of canada's lumber and oil sands so they are giving us billions of dollers plus we have an agreement with the US that pretty much says Canada and the united states will always trade and have easy access to each others resources and keep north america protected from all threats but we don't have to trade with anyone else.

we pretty much said we got all the advanced technology along with the most powerful military and a huge amount of the worlds resoruces that are in huge demand. so we are in control of chinas economy that relies so much on imported raw materials from north america in effect we can slow their econmoy right down to a halt.

so china has been dealing around the globe to secure a supply of natural resources but it has an effect on the EU since thet rely on oil imports so much too and with ME being unstable. it leaves alot of countries scrambling to find alternative trading partners. only country that is in the same position as we are is russia as they are the ones that supply india and china with adavanced technology and natural resouces also.

the world is chaging as india and china move towards trying to achive superpower status the US, EU and soviets/russia have had enjoyed for so long

Old 04-05-2011, 04:41 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
so china has been dealing around the globe to secure a supply of natural resources but it has an effect on the EU since thet rely on oil imports so much too and with ME being unstable. it leaves alot of countries scrambling to find alternative trading partners. only country that is in the same position as we are is russia as they are the ones that supply india and china with adavanced technology and natural resouces also.

the world is chaging as india and china move towards trying to achive superpower status the US, EU and soviets/russia have had enjoyed for so long
Yep, especially in Africa where everything is for sale if price is right. They have small oil producers there, not big ones, but I supppose if you own many small ones, then they add up to a lot.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:11 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
It appears that the forces loyal to Alassane Ouattara are also targeting Catholic Priests....

That would seem to be a little divisive.

Rebel Forces Target Catholic Priests in Ivory Coast – Church Facilities Destroyed | FavStocks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies