Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 AM

577 posts, read 898,886 times

Advertisements

People tiptoe around Islam/ Muslims because the far left glorifies them for hating America and being the (perceived) victim of (perceived) Western oppression. On top of this, they are for the most part not white, another gold standard of liberal PC protectionism. It doesn't matter if Muslims themselves are as divorced from liberal ideals as can be. Victim + minority = untouchable. I think there is also a significant thread of antisemitism at play-- the Muslim world has been producing antisemitic materials for many years now that would make Hitler blush. And as liberals tend to be anti-Israel as well (particularly far left liberals), this is another feather in the muslim hat as far as the liberal perception is concerned.

It doesn't matter how bloodthirsty militant Muslims are, as long as the left perceives them as victims they will never be blamed for their own actions. And if conservatives try to call them on their behavior, those conservatives are called intolerant and racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 09:03 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,434,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
You seem to have a real problem reading things into the posts of others that aren't there.

I have no doubt DOJ does this, and I understand why given the current climate.

But that fact alone does not support your assertion that it is a plan to treat them "better" than others. I see it for what it is - a reaction to widespread anti-muslim sentiment in some people.
Not at all, it is pure favoritism. If you can't see that, you are just as much of a sham as they are. How could you even sit there and condone the DoJ giving preferential treatment to a particular RELIGION? Why must the DoJ SUE that school over this? This is the SCHOOL'S decision to let her or not, not that weasel Holder's or the other weasel Obama's. Screw the current climate, everyone is supposed to be treated equal from the DoJ.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
People tiptoe around Islam/ Muslims because the far left glorifies them for hating America and being the (perceived) victim of (perceived) Western oppression. On top of this, they are for the most part not white, another gold standard of liberal PC protectionism. It doesn't matter if Muslims themselves are as divorced from liberal ideals as can be. Victim + minority = untouchable. I think there is also a significant thread of antisemitism at play-- the Muslim world has been producing antisemitic materials for many years now that would make Hitler blush. And as liberals tend to be anti-Israel as well (particularly far left liberals), this is another feather in the muslim hat as far as the liberal perception is concerned.

It doesn't matter how bloodthirsty militant Muslims are, as long as the left perceives them as victims they will never be blamed for their own actions. And if conservatives try to call them on their behavior, those conservatives are called intolerant and racist.
Exactly, they are using each other to get what they want, like a group of toddlers.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:08 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,115,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
People tiptoe around Islam/ Muslims because the far left glorifies them for hating America

This is absolutely untrue of even the far left.

Quote:
and being the (perceived) victim of (perceived) Western oppression.
Yes, while being diametrically opposed to their values in other categories. Even the radical left.

Quote:
On top of this, they are for the most part not white, another gold standard of liberal PC protectionism. It doesn't matter if Muslims themselves are as divorced from liberal ideals as can be. Victim + minority = untouchable. I think there is also a significant thread of antisemitism at play-- the Muslim world has been producing antisemitic materials for many years now that would make Hitler blush. And as liberals tend to be anti-Israel as well (particularly far left liberals), this is another feather in the muslim hat as far as the liberal perception is concerned.
Or perhaps "liberals" tend to take certain principles more seriously than "conservatives", and don't abandon them just because they persons involved happen to be distasteful or have objectionable opinions.

What good are our principles if we can just discard them on a whim?

You've made an awful lot of generalizations here.

Quote:
They can be, if they are motivated by some kind of prejudice. Many of the right-wing posts on this board most certainly are, by their own terms.

And many are not, just like there are many liberals that detest Islam personally, but at the same time know how to respect freedom of religion.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:09 AM

623 posts, read 1,600,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Why did people tip toe around the KKK? They were simple white men with a simple ideology. And they would shoot your ass.

This preacher is a fool. He placed his congregation's life in danger for a show.

DOES HE HAVE A SAFE ROOM? Those can come in handy.
Panic room saved artist Kurt Westergaard from Islamist assassin - Times Online

You don't kick a fire ant mound to see if the fire ants inside are going to come out.
Did we not stand up to the KKK? I don't think that is a good arguement to make here. You in fact make my arguement stronger.

Using your reference do you go to the store and buy something to kill the fire ants or do you let them build mounds all over your yard.

Leaving a fire ant hill alone hoping it will go away by itself is not a very smart thing to do. Unless you like being stuck in your house and not able to walk in your own yard.

I think it takes great courage and beliefs to do what that Pastor did. Hmmmm.. what other great leaders have spoken out and were killed because of it?

I would hate to have MLK living today. Would we be calling him just as crazy. Somtimes you gotta stand up for what you believe in. Even if that means painting a target on your back.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:12 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,115,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Not at all, it is pure favoritism.
For it to be favoritism, the decision would have to be arbitrary and capricious.

Arbitrary means without regard to facts or logic.
Capricious means contrary to facts or logic.

Given that there IS a level of anti-muslim sentiment out there, as you exemplify more than adequately, it cannot be said that Obama's direction to DOJ is either arbitrary or capricious.

Quote:
If you can't see that, you are just as much of a sham as they are.
I can't follow your logic, because frankly, you aren't utilizing it. Prejudice tends to hamper one's objectivity.

Quote:
How could you even sit there and condone the DoJ giving preferential treatment to a particular RELIGION?
I would condemn it, if that were what they were doing, but it isn't.

Quote:
Why must the DoJ SUE that school over this? This is the SCHOOL'S decision to let her or not, not that weasel Holder's or the other weasel Obama's. Screw the current climate, everyone is supposed to be treated equal from the DoJ.
This may be news to you, but since 1868 or so local public schools have to respect those rights enshrined in the Federal Constitution, whether they like it or not. In fact, you've contradicted yourself here. They have to avoid treating religion preferentially, presumably because of the First Amendment, but you think it is none of the Feds' business?

You can't have it both ways.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:18 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,970,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Are you sure you aren't talking about Democrats?
Oh yeah you're right, and Republicans too.

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,812,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So by your arguement, anyone that would has critized the KKK are fools? Because they put peoples lives in danger over a show? Thanks for making your position clear.

Some of us think that standing up to evil and condemning it is the right thing to do. Sorry to see that you don't share that view.
Aye, some sit and type on a message board about how evil it is. Some try to change it in different ways. How did the KKK die out? Did people tip toe around it?

Thanks for showing your ability to understand how you destroy institutions of hate. Also, I wish more people like me would condemn this evil. Maybe you can get on board.

A radical ____ is a radical _____. It matters not the race, color, religion or creed. Until people can realize that, it's simply a bunch of Whargabbrl.

And yeah, he's a fool. He didn't just endanger himself. He endangered the lives of those around him by his actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
For it to be favoritism, the decision would have to be arbitrary and capricious.

Arbitrary means without regard to facts or logic.
And this administration is NOT using any logic in this

Capricious means contrary to facts or logic.
Read Above
Given that there IS a level of anti-muslim sentiment out there, as you exemplify more than adequately, it cannot be said that Obama's direction to DOJ is either arbitrary or capricious.

That doesn't matter. ALL people need to be treated equally from the DoJ and they clearly are not. See the NBPP case that was dropped.

I can't follow your logic, because frankly, you aren't utilizing it. Prejudice tends to hamper one's objectivity.

Facts tend to not sit well with you.

I would condemn it, if that were what they were doing, but it isn't.
It IS what they are doing. Try to tell your job you are going to the Vatican on one of these religious escapades and see if the DoJ will sue on YOUR behalf. Won't happen!

This may be news to you, but since 1868 or so local public schools have to respect those rights enshrined in the Federal Constitution, whether they like it or not. In fact, you've contradicted yourself here. They have to avoid treating religion preferentially, presumably because of the First Amendment, but you think it is none of the Feds' business?

Where in the Constitution does it say that you have the right to take that much time off of your job for religious purposes? It says NO SUCH THING!
You can't have it both ways.
And you can't make up lies to provide cover for this either.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:24 AM

915 posts, read 1,188,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Or like Terry McVeigh or the guy who murdered a doctor in a church.
Oh, sorry, they're not bad.... they're c and forgiven.

I don't think anyone tiptoes around domestic terrorists. We're not nearly as frightened by them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies