Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 03:28 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Also has your kid's names, your home address, phone and email. if you've left an electronic trail it can/will be on there.

As a note, GoogleEarth has a picture of me getting into my truck in front of my house.
Yes erase all names related to your current address for sure, you, spouse, kids.....

And Google Street view can be removed if you ask.

To me street view is an invitation to burglary/break in. Why? They can view street view, then cruise the same neighborhood to compare when those cars aren't around. Then they target for a time they consider an easy hit. Can I prove it? No. But given the opportunity, a thief WILL take it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 03:43 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,586,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I'm guessing now you've just confirmed your name goes with your email.
Yea, they do that with the spam lists too. They spam you, and offer a link to be removed from the spam list, and if you hit the link, you just confirmed it is you, and your e-mail address.

I did go there anyway and removed myself. I am going to forward this as a matter of fact. They had more info that I knew

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-05-2011 at 04:44 PM..

Old 04-05-2011, 05:09 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yea, they do that with the spam lists too. They spam you, and offer a link to be removed from the spam list, and if you hit the link, you just confirmed it is you, and your e-mail address.

I did go there anyway and removed myself. I am going to forward this as a matter of fact. They had more info that I knew
True.

Hint:

That's why you use a throw-a-way email address.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,674,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Just found this and thought you all might want to check it out.

"There is a site called spokeo.com that's a new online phonebook with personal information - everything from pics you've posted on Facebook or the web, your approx. credit score, home value, income, age, even CC#'s.

Remove yourself by searching your name, find your page, copy the URL, and then go to the bottom of the page and click the privacy link."
Jeez, Louise! I just removed myself. Thanks, TG!

Old 04-05-2011, 05:57 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,884,144 times
Can someone answer my question please? It appears that the "free" page that pops up first shows nothing of concern in my case -- but there is an option to pay to get a "full report." Is the full report what people are concerned about? Because I didn't pay to see that.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:58 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,189,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Jeez, Louise! I just removed myself. Thanks, TG!
I try to help out when I can.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:00 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,825,370 times
I just checked it and it's totally wrong.

Then again my name is an common as John Smith or Michael Jackson.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:18 PM

88,495 posts, read 84,652,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Can someone answer my question please? It appears that the "free" page that pops up first shows nothing of concern in my case -- but there is an option to pay to get a "full report." Is the full report what people are concerned about? Because I didn't pay to see that.
No, go all the way down to the bottom of the page where the tiny little letters are and click on "privacy".

Old 04-05-2011, 06:19 PM

88,495 posts, read 84,652,005 times
My last three addresses are listed, but not my current one, and I also have a common first and last name.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:20 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,930,142 times
Well, they have me down as living in the town I moved away from 2 years ago. I just left it there. If someone is trying to track me down, they'll think they've found me and not continue looking for more information. Confusion to our enemies! I also have about 20 e-mail addresses and change my e-mail all the time. Only the people I want have my most recent address. My friends sometimes complain, but they get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies