Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 07:19 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotch View Post
Well, let this be a lesson to everyone. Abstinence only policies lead to earning over 5 times what the median US household earns in a year. If only we can get poor people to have children out of wedlock too, then they can be rich like Bristol Palin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The irony, a teen pregnancy prevention program paying a teen mom $250K. What's next, a Heroin abuse prevention program paying Limbaugh 1 million?
I did wonder what Loose Legs Bristol said in her little speeches....did she tell other teens that they shouldn't F--- a lot even if she did ?

Did she explain that not everyone could USE their illigit baby to make points in Mom's campaign?...."ooohh, look at us, we're so pure we don't have abortions"

What was her angle???

Old 04-05-2011, 07:23 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
No, it isn't. I think the point is that the teen pregnancy prevention program set up on her behave really isn't about preventing teen pregnancies at all. It's a dumbie non-profit set up strictly to give Bristal an income. And a very extravagant income at that.

Well, if this was set up by the Obama administration as an investment ( at taxpayer expense ) to further education on unwed pregnancy, it doesn't surprise me.

Another example of an investment touted by Obama:

3.4 million dollars for a turtle tunnel in Florida.

Trust me, Obama has tons of great ideas. $$$

Old 04-05-2011, 07:23 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,279,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
It's time to clean up the non-profit industry! If this story is true, Bristol is more of a fraud than I first thought...

Bristol Palin’s Nonprofit Paid Her Seven Times What It Spent On Actual Teen Pregnancy Prevention

Bristol was paid a salary of $262,500. The group disbursed only $35,000 in grants to actual teen pregnancy health and counseling clinics: $25,000 to the Mt. Sinai Adolescent Health Center and $10,000 to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.
Wouldn't the $262,500 go for her salary, travel expenses for her speeches and presentation materials?
Pelosi used to fart that much in less than a month.

PS any portion that was salary gets taxed as income which in some states could go as high as 51% of what she is paid.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:26 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,126 times
While I dont think it's right, this isnt uncommon. This happens all the time. It's only "news" now because of her last name.

I realize you Dems want to blow steam over this, seeing how not much is going well with your president, but I thought you guys liked spending? They spent money on her, and you're all about spending other peoples money arent you?

Old 04-05-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Well idiotic Americans glorify these morons and make them filthy rich. Look at her mom. A terrible do nothing governor who couldn't even finish out her term. She's a loser along with her entire family. Look at the Kardashian family. The American public makes these idiots filthy rich......then that same public sits back and wonders what's wrong with their economy and their country. LOL........how far this country has fallen in 50 years would have made the Romans envious.
Al Gore became a billionaire the same way with phony man made global warming.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:27 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,316,319 times
Virtually all politically based nonprofits are not designed to actually advance the cause they are supposed to support and instead they're designed to enrich the founder. It's true. Did you know that if you donate $1 to a "charity" only $0.01 has to legally be spent on that charity while the other $0.99 can be spent on other things? Most of them are a scam and the sector needs to be regulated to weed out the fake "charities" run by the profiteers.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Virtually all politically based nonprofits are not designed to actually advance the cause they are supposed to support and instead they're designed to enrich the founder. It's true. Did you know that if you donate $1 to a "charity" only $0.01 has to legally be spent on that charity while the other $0.99 can be spent on other things? Most of them are a scam and the sector needs to be regulated to weed out the fake "charities" run by the profiteers.
Not always, it depends on what the state laws allow and what you are claiming to represent.

In general I don't donate from phone solicitations.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:35 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,410 times
My fellow right wingers. Don't stand for this kind of crap from someone "perceived" to be on the right. If you do, you're just as guilty as the left for doing the same thing. Step up to the plate and act like fully grown women and men.

She shouldn't be getting this kind of paycheck at her age; she's done NOTHING to prove herself to be worthy of this. Crap, I've worked my entire life, and very HARD to boot. I'm almost 50, and I've done so many more things that are good for the community than her it is indescribable.

However, since she is Sarah Palin's Daughter she is worth this?

Can you see the hypocrisy in this?

Be objective my friends. Please be OBJECTIVE. There are greedy people on both the left and right, that's all I'm saying.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:41 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You don't understand non-profits.
You think it is all volunteer, don't you?

What they have not spent as an organization, goes to the members, or usually the president.
Liberals have been running this scam forever.

I bet I can find 100 liberals doing the same exact thing.

Why the outrage over Palin?

It's most likely a BS story anyway.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:46 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times
Red face more leftist selective outrage

When liberals are outraged that taxpayer funded Planned Parenthood rakes in millions from conducting abortions compared to what they spend on pregnancy prevention I might give a rat's backside; until then, not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies