Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 10:04 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think the anti-abortion people do not believe a pregnant woman is still an independent free person. They seem to believe she has become some form of bread pan destined to remain in the oven until the loaf is done. Then she has to take care of the loaf at her own expense. Some freedom!

I'll stick with my observation that men cannot handle NO when it concerns pregnancy. Some cannot handle NO from any woman.
And pro abortionists think that killing the most innocent is wrong. The revel in the killing act blaming that the mom is poor. what a class warfare act. Lets kill the poor babies it better for the economy. Better to kill poor babies rather than risk they might be poor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
My only issue is that most pro-choice people seem to be anti-choice about nearly everything else.

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
and what are some possible "good reasons" that people "usually" have an abortion??????
To quote: "rape, maternal life, health, mental health, fetal defects, and/or socioeconomic factors".

Old 04-06-2011, 10:05 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
what forms of murder is legal

I never said murder is legal. I said Murder is a legal terminology. There are specific conditions that must be met for a death to be classified as murder.

Killing in war is not murder. Accidently hitting a pedestrian with your car and killing them is not murder. Killing a robber who breaks into your house is not murder. Abortion is not murder.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Because that's the correct legal and scientific term for it.

Yes.
So you have no problem killing the baby in the birth canal becasue you can hide behind the fact you call him/her a fetus.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:06 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post

As I said, I disagree with women having abortions merely because they were irresponsible and had a one night stand. I'd much rather they seek adoption. But at the same time, I'd sooner them have the legal option if they still insist on doing it, then beating themselves up or using a coat hangar as an archaic abortion method.
I dont want to sound mean, honestly but....

if they want to kill their unborn then they should suffer hopefully when they use this coat hanger it messes them up to the point they cant conceive later on in life when a baby would have better timing. Hey if it leads to death, thats how that little "fetus" felt

Old 04-06-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post

I never said murder is legal. I said Murder is a legal terminology. There are specific conditions that must be met for a death to be classified as murder.

Killing in war is not murder. Accidently hitting a pedestrian with your car and killing them is not murder. Killing a robber who breaks into your house is not murder. Abortion is not murder.
when you deliberately chose to butcher someone denying them their chance to live it is murder .

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
I dont want to sound mean, honestly but....

if they want to kill their unborn then they should suffer hopefully when they use this coat hanger it messes them up to the point they cant conceive later on in life when a baby would have better timing. Hey if it leads to death, thats how that little "fetus" felt
That's pretty insensitive, and depending on the timing, no it's not how the fetus felt. A fetus can't "feel" until around 29 weeks. And even after that, it's bathed in huge amounts of anesthetics that basically make pain irrelevant.

1,067 posts, read 1,679,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
To quote: "rape, maternal life, health, mental health, fetal defects, and/or socioeconomic factors".

thats not the question but thanks for the response

question was good reason people usually have abortions. Rape and incest barely reached the 2 percent mark.

The USUAL reason is a one night stand or they dont know who the father is or they are too young or some other nonsense none of them GOOD reasons to end a life.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
when you deliberately chose to butcher someone denying them their chance to live it is murder .
No, actually it's not. But you've strongly proven to us that you should NEVER pursue law as a career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies