Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 09:17 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The Democrats put unions into governments and have been using the treasury for reelection to buy votes for decades, so it is hard to disperse the blame all around equally IMO.
You say that but what have the republicans been doing to buy votes for decades? Its very easy to disperse the blame equally IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 09:31 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
We've had Republican Presidents for 20 of the last 30 years.
Republicans controlled the Senate for about 1/2 of past 30 years.
Republicans controlled the House of Reps from 1993-2005.

...and it's just the Democrats fault.
Exactly. Our corporate/war machine party in Washington has been doing it's best to screw the country. The Unholy Trinity of DC/Wall St/K Street is truly bipartisan and look to enrich those at the top at the expense of us on the bottom.

Top 5% holds more than half of the country

Wow, doesn't that chart speak volumes.

Quote:
It shows that in 2009, the top 5% of wealth holders claimed 63.5% of the country’s wealth. The bottom 80%, by contrast, held just 12.8% of the country’s wealth.
This isn't just by coincidence. This is the result of a calculated national policy supported by the Unholy Trinity. Is it any surprise that the "Path to Prosperity" includes MORE tax cuts and kickbacks to the oligarchs at the top? Path to Prosperity my ass, maybe if you are already prosperous.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Who believes that? Honestly, really, who believes the government is the only one who can do things, and that the private sector can't do anything?
Please list ONE thing Obama has proposed which would indicate he believes the private sector can do better?

Old 04-06-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The Democrats put unions into governments and have been using the treasury for reelection to buy votes for decades, so it is hard to disperse the blame all around equally IMO.
Yes because the Republicans NEVER buy votes or anything.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Exactly. Our corporate/war machine party in Washington has been doing it's best to screw the country. The Unholy Trinity of DC/Wall St/K Street is truly bipartisan and look to enrich those at the top at the expense of us on the bottom.
Dont blame the top wealthy for their willingness to invest while the bottom displays their willingness to SPEND..

No they are not the same..

Old 04-06-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
pelosi says 6 million.. i mean 3 million... er, make that 6 million seniors are gonna starve
All of that from ONLY a 5% cut back.. wow, according to that figure, if we completely cut the budget, we get 120 million seniors starving..

Kinda solves the problem with healthcare costs, ha?

Old 04-06-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Dont blame the top wealthy for their willingness to invest while the bottom displays their willingness to SPEND..

Tell me what changes when the parties switch positions? NOTHING, that's what. Not a damn thing. When it comes to what matters, what REALLY matters, Democrats and Republicans do the same thing. They both gave bailouts to giant corporations, they both grease corporate palms, they both support "free" trade, they both support war, they both support the "Patriot" Act, they both support FISA, they both support the "War" on drugs, etc.

I used to really respect your opinion because I felt like you were independent minded, even if I disagreed with you. But every day you are becoming increasingly a partisan hack. Disappointing.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:39 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,278,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Pretty sure its both party's policies.
I agree, looked at the list and could put both Republican and Democrat beside each item

Old 04-06-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Those at the bottom have nothing left over to invest more often than not. You know after house payments, car payments, ever rising healthcare costs, groceries, car repairs, daycare costs, debt payments, gas, etc. The "top wealthy" typically aren't worrying about any of that because it's very minor. All they have is investment money. When you're a billionaire it's easy to invest. When you're supporting a family on 40 or so thousand a year it's a tad bit harder. But no, you're right, **** the poor.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Tell me what changes when the parties switch positions? NOTHING, that's what. Not a damn thing. When it comes to what matters, what REALLY matters, Democrats and Republicans do the same thing. They both gave bailouts to giant corporations, they both grease corporate palms, they both support "free" trade, they both support war, they both support the "Patriot" Act, they both support FISA, they both support the "War" on drugs, etc.

I used to really respect your opinion because I felt like you were independent minded, even if I disagreed with you. But every day you are becoming increasingly a partisan hack. Disappointing.
There was HUGE difference in how the Democrats and Republicans view the responsibility of government.

For example, Obama created 100+ (some estimate 152) different departments in Obamacare to oversee a govenrmental system and there are calls to expand this even further..

The GOP legislation encourages PRIVATE insurance.

While a lot of the political policies are the same, the policies dealing with our everyday livelyhood isnt even close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies