Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2011, 02:12 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
I wonder if it is more a situation of Beck leaving Fox daily lineup as opposed to Fox firing Beck. Seems to me that it's a matter of contracts and has nothing to do with ratings or ideology. The announcement sates he will still do specials. So it seems an amicable agreement.
Haven't read all the thread yet and this may be posted but, according to an article, he is consistently #3 in the ratings with viewers and a goodly amount of adults of young to middle age, not seniors. It said his ratings were ususually the kind seen in prime time not a 5:00 pm news show.

He hasn't gone away and he may be just tired doing two shows daily between the radio and TV. He has had some health problems.

JMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 02:18 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
and that is why it is so popular I guess. Are you saying those in our country watch trash only? Can you tell us why you think it is cessool crap?

Nita

Old 04-06-2011, 02:20 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
“Glenn Beck” is consistently the third highest rated program on cable news. For the 27 months that “Glenn Beck” has aired on FOX News, the program has averaged more than 2.2 million total viewers and 563,000 viewers 25-54 years old, numbers normally associated with shows airing in prime time, not at 5pm. “Glenn Beck” has dominated all of its cable news competitors since launch."

I'm curious why PR statement is bringing up the demographic of 25-54 year olds, when the
reality is, most of Beck's followers are over 55.

If that is what they are going to try to market
him in the future for - good luck with that.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:21 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
thank you. That is the article I was looking for.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:22 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and that is why it is so popular I guess. Are you saying those in our country watch trash only? Can you tell us why you think it is cessool crap?

Nita
All cable TV is crap. It's like comfort food. It provides what you want to hear, not what you need to know to make informed choices.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:23 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I suspect the pressure on Murdoch about Beck outing the naked emperor, his radical friends, and their plans became too much. Folks may not like Beck but at least he is not a coward or a puppet.

The truth has no agenda.

What is the agenda of those who revel in the silencing of the truth?

Why don't you ask Murdoch (since he's the one canning Beck's daily show) why he's "silencing the truth"?

Frankly, I think Murdoch's agenda is to make money regardless of "the truth". For there to be "truth", there has to be "lies". Beck's "truths" are lies to other people AND what Beck considers "lies" are "truths" to other people. Both sides make money and that's the bottom line.

Since when does Roger Ailes shy away from controversy? There is a lot of money to be made out of controversy.

Since I do not watch Beck, it stands to reason that I do not revel in anything that happens to him: good, bad or ugly. I'm indifferent.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:26 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Why don't you ask Murdoch (since he's the one canning Beck's daily show) why he's "silencing the truth"?

Frankly, I think Murdoch's agenda is to make money regardless of "the truth". For there to be "truth", there has to be "lies". Beck's "truths" are lies to other people AND what Beck considers "lies" are "truths" to other people. Both sides make money and that's the bottom line.

Since when does Roger Ailes shy away from controversy? There is a lot of money to be made out of controversy.

Since I do not watch Beck, it stands to reason that I do not revel in anything that happens to him: good, bad or ugly. I'm indifferent.
I like how you try to convince us that the truth has many meanings. What a load of crap that is. The truth is the truth, no in betweens.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:30 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
LOL, could stop laughing when I saw the headline. dumped from CNN headline news and now Faux Spews... better sell your gold quick...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Glenn Beck leaving his Fox News Channel show (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110406/ap_en_ot/us_tv_fox_beck - broken link)

Glenn Beck is leaving his Fox News Channel show later this year.

The network and Beck's company, Mercury Radio Arts, announced the departure on Wednesday. Fox and the company said they will work together to create other projects for Fox News television and digital.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:59 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Haven't read all the thread yet and this may be posted but, according to an article, he is consistently #3 in the ratings with viewers and a goodly amount of adults of young to middle age, not seniors. It said his ratings were ususually the kind seen in prime time not a 5:00 pm news show.

He hasn't gone away and he may be just tired doing two shows daily between the radio and TV. He has had some health problems.

JMO.

Year over year he posted the biggest loss of any cable news show averaging 1.8 million viewers, down 39% from January 2010. In 25-54 demo he dropped 48%, to 397,000.

HELLO AMERICA? Glenn Beck Posts Biggest Ratings Drop Of Any Cable News Show In January)

Read more: HELLO AMERICA? Glenn Beck Posts Biggest Ratings Drop Of Any Cable News Show In January

Old 04-06-2011, 03:13 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I suspect the pressure on Murdoch about Beck outing the naked emperor, his radical friends, and their plans became too much. Folks may not like Beck but at least he is not a coward or a puppet.

The truth has no agenda.

What is the agenda of those who revel in the silencing of the truth?
That would be a very subjective form of "truth"....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies