Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 12:22 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times

Advertisements

Because liberals dont want to travel all of the way to the ghetto to have a 'rich cultural experience' like getting mugged.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:33 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Because liberals dont want to travel all of the way to the ghetto to have a 'rich cultural experience' like getting mugged.
You're just so funny.
When I live in the US, I live in the city in a lower middle-class neighborhood.
It's quite diversified.
I've never been mugged.

Next racist comment.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:41 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
Where did I even mention race?

Old 04-10-2011, 01:12 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
And why would a company want to promote diversity to begin with? What would they expect to accomplish by having a racially/ethnically diverse workforce? There have been many studies done on this issue, and none have shown there is any direct benefit from having a diverse workforce.
my guesses are: 1. it's a costly safeguard to establish in advance in order to fight discrimination lawsuits if they arise (i.e., if you don't have pro-diversity propoganda published beforehand, it's already "score one" for the plaintiff); 2. to increase global sales (e.g. latin america, india, east asia, russia, etc.), possibly.

let's keep in mind most things are driven by money when we're talking about people and businesses, especially the latter.

Last edited by grimace8; 04-10-2011 at 01:25 PM..

Old 04-10-2011, 01:13 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
You didn't say the word, but you said the buzz word: ghetto.
We're really not as dumb or obtuse as you would like to believe.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:22 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
There are many "ghettos" and they are not necessarily populated by blacks only. In your own European environment there are many Islamic "ghettos" in Germany, France and the Netherlands that white Europeans know it is best to stay out of because they may be attacked.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:56 PM

589 posts, read 756,826 times
Quote:

Diversity in the American context is always about race [and religion if the person is Jewish or Muslim], you dont have to specifically mention race. That is why the "diversity" we hear about all the time is a sham, it really is just a word for businesses and the government to point to and say "hey we hire all races of people and dont discriminate based on race"...That comes in handy for lawsuits, where say, a Black person is trying to claim a business is racist and he wants to sue them for a few million dollars. The employer can point to the diversity promotions / posters for diversity posted all over the walls at the company and also show how many % of the work force is non white to fight discrimination cases. If the company played the "diversity" game right and had the posters up and a good % of minorities there...The company will probably win.

REAL diversity is something every country has by default. And most countries dont bother blathering about diversity because it is a fact of life and they have been "diverse" for thousands of years...The issue only becomes polluted once people try to equate diversity with race, and there is a reason why people try to do that - It is to pursue a race based agenda. Full stop. Al Sharpton and others love American "diversity" since it gives him a reason to flip through company rosters and if they are to white he can claim racism and keep his job longer. Claiming to love "diversity" is also good for White candidates running for Office...By claiming to love diversity they look better in the eyes of non-white minorities so they have a better chance of getting their vote.

Diversity in the US is just a Political and Business tool.

Business = a safeguard against discrimination lawsuits. Combine Racial quotas for hiring, and plastering "diversity" posters all over your company walls and it makes it hard for a disgruntled employee to claim racism.

Politics...Just look at most speaches Hillary Clinton gives when her audience is mostly black. She constantly says she loves diversity, the crowd cheers and she might have earned a few votes that day [unless she is running against Obama].

Real diversity is something as simple as having two White people of different ethnic backgrounds working in the same room - A Irish American and a Italian American working together is a diverse team. All white towns in the US are also symbols of diversity, since there are no all Irish or Italian towns in this country...All white towns are made up of Germans, Irish, Italians, Dutch etc etc etc...That is some heavy ethnic diversity. Throw in Catholic and Protestant religions, and you have more diversity in the White population. Which just shows how distorted the word diversity is in America and that it truely is just a nice sounding word used for Political reasons only.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You defined "ghetto" in your thinking and you are the one that put the racist slant to it.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:18 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Why does it seem that liberals are so obsessed with diversity, and trying to force it on everyone?

Yes this country is a "melting pot", but forcing us to have diversity has to have some repercussions, right?

Big government advocates like anything that gives government more power over the people. It doesn't matter what it is, if it grows government, it must be good.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:36 PM

415 posts, read 449,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Why does it seem that liberals are so obsessed with diversity, and trying to force it on everyone?

Yes this country is a "melting pot", but forcing us to have diversity has to have some repercussions, right?
Depends on what you mean by diversity. I came to this country BECAUSE of Americans. I can't stand "cinco de mayo" and all that other crap. I'm fine with it to some degree, but once it takes over and pushes American culture aside, it's a problem to me. If I had wanted that, I could have moved to Mexico.

I also dislike many things that so-called "Italian-Americans" do. They are not Italian-Americans, they are Americans of Italian descent. Italian American caucus here, allegations of discrimination of "Italian" Americans there etc. They make a big deal out of something that dosen't even exist. I don't like this. I would like it better if they called themselves Americans, which is what they are. 1/8 or 1/16 Italian dosen't make you "Italian".

I'm not really sure what you mean by "force it on everyone". There are many parts in my city where there's mostly only once race. I would even say that's the same is almost any American city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies