Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 10:10 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Which is strange because a lot of gen X'ers have baby boomers as parents. Who actually worked for a living.
More boomers have Millennial kids, Gen-X were primarily kids of the Silent Generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 10:25 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
It's just the left's continued attempt at marginalizing a segment of the voting public that they find to be a threat.

There's nothing "fringe" about wanting our elected officials to be accountable, pass balanced budgets, and limit the astronomical growth of the federal government we've seen in recent years.

Who here is for continuing to spend our country into insolvency with these $1.6T budget deficits? Anyone??

Old 04-08-2011, 02:04 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times
Here is a possible answer: A Tea Party Foreign Policy - By Ron Paul | Foreign Policy

"As one who is opposed to centralization, I am wary of attempts to turn a grassroots movement against big government like the Tea Party into an adjunct of the Republican Party. I find it even more worrisome when I see those who willingly participated in the most egregious excesses of the most recent Republican Congress push their way into leadership roles of this movement without batting an eye -- or changing their policies!"

Even the founder worries that the crazy neo-cons try to hijack the movement.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:11 AM

Another good read: Top 10 Tea Party Crashers

I believe Ron Paul has really good ideas. I have posted many videos by him in the last two years but the Tea Party movement seems to have been hijacked by neo-cons. Remember when Glenn Beck supported the bail-ous? Or supported the Patriot Act?

Old 04-08-2011, 02:25 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
People that dont think the tea party is composed of rednecks and racists obviously are blinded by Fox News. Ive been to a few tea party rallies just to witness it. Most of the people were over 50, I saw one black lady out of about 500 people. Lots were obese, drove in from the country, and a few were missing most of their teeth. They dont understand that the Republicans were and are just using them in order to screw them over and advance monetary gains for giant corporations who dont give a crap about people or America.

So you define a "redneck" as someone who is over 50 (of which I am proud to be one), live in the country (ditto), and are concerned about the size of government, the national debt, taxation to our children and grandchildren, and love their country? Our tea parties are open to all who wish to come; there are black folks who attend, but the ratio is small for the fact that our rural community lacks what you would consider "diversity", unless you count the Amish. (By the way, I am a college graduate, still wear a size 6, and have all of my teeth).

Old 04-08-2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
So you define a "redneck" as someone who is over 50 (of which I am proud to be one), live in the country (ditto), and are concerned about the size of government, the national debt, taxation to our children and grandchildren, and love their country? Our tea parties are open to all who wish to come; there are black folks who attend, but the ratio is small for the fact that our rural community lacks what you would consider "diversity", unless you count the Amish. (By the way, I am a college graduate, still wear a size 6, and have all of my teeth).
Were you protesting the war in Iraq? Were you protesting the Patriot Act? Are you against the military complex?

Old 04-08-2011, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Were you protesting the war in Iraq? Were you protesting the Patriot Act? Are you against the military complex?
The past several tea parties I've attended had protesters engulfing the Patriot Act, the war in Iraq, welfare and entitlements to illegals, etc., to my own personal concerns: the debts affecting our children and grandchildren, impact on business for the future (our children just took over our family's), increased spending, debt owed to China, over inflated federal government, and the multi-trillion dollar deficit. My signs pretty much reflected the above, but there were many protesters there, and they covered the whole gamut of concerns that our government seems to be oblivious to.

P.S.: It's time for this "redneck" to go outside and plant her onions!

Old 04-08-2011, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
The past several tea parties I've attended had protesters engulfing the Patriot Act, the war in Iraq, welfare and entitlements to illegals, etc., to my own personal concerns: the debts affecting our children and grandchildren, impact on business for the future (our children just took over our family's), increased spending, debt owed to China, over inflated federal government, and the multi-trillion dollar deficit. My signs pretty much reflected the above, but there were many protesters there, and they covered the whole gamut of concerns that our government seems to be oblivious to.

P.S.: It's time for this "redneck" to go outside and plant her onions!
Were you protesting the Patriot Act in 2001? Were you protesting the invasion in Iraq in 2003? Did you fight the massive spending on the military, not only since 2007?

Old 04-08-2011, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Were you protesting the Patriot Act in 2001? Were you protesting the invasion in Iraq in 2003? Did you fight the massive spending on the military, not only since 2007?
The first Tea Party held was...April 2009, I think. I have to check with DH - he attended, I did not. There weren't any Tea Party protests that I know of (in this area anyway) prior to 2009. The first I participated in was on July 4th, 2009 (I remember because I was interviewed on TV). The Tea Party wasn't yet formed in 2001, was it?

Old 04-08-2011, 05:22 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Lets see
Goal 1: Make koch brothers kings of America(I mean this really)

Goal 2: Destroy middle class

Goal 3: reverse civil rights

Goal 4: Imprison Obama for being black and President

Goal 5: Attack all Mexicans no matter if they work for you.

Goal 6: Create wage slaves from former middle class

Goal 7: Eliminate Health care for wage slaves. Dont need them after 40 just thier strong young.

Goal 8: Eliminate public schools wage slaves dont need to read and write.

Goal 9: phase blacks out completly get back to white serfdom

Thats just a start. Im very serious. Please start fighting back.
Where's the proof of this? Show me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies