Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Interracial marriages should be...
Legal 222 86.38%
Illegal 30 11.67%
Not sure 5 1.95%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 10:51 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times

Advertisements

I think that this is a bogus poll, and that most Americans don't give a rip about integration. Who cares?

It is a melting pot. America.

And when some idiot decides to cite a poll criticizing folks from Mississippi from a poll taken by idiots who planned on a certain outcome ... why aren't people offended by the intent of an obviously biased polling group.

As I said before - the PPP - the group that conducted this poll is owned by the Huffington Post. ( look it up ) ( credibility none ) they got the results that they wanted to make a ficticious statement. And I wouldn't be surprised if it were doctored. And the OP should ashamed of the BS he's trying to stir up. But he won't be. Push the agenda arsh*le.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 11:30 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
While humans would survive, I am glad I would be dead in your scenarios as an exclusively white or Chinese world would be a nightmare to me.
But why? Why would a world of only whites or Chinese be a nightmare? I was asking the question because the guy was trying to make the argument that if we don't mix, we are threatening the existence of the human race. This is a common perception that racial mixing will produce more "genetic" diversity and it will somehow make all of humanity better fit for survival. But the reality is, there is plenty of diversity within small populations. And the genetic diversity that is good for humanity, is things like skin color, height, muscle structure, etc. And these things are only important to adapt to certain types of environments. Mixing white people who are adapted to live in the colder areas with Africans that are adapted to live in hot areas, doesn't really serve any function for adaptability. In fact, they become a weaker and less adapted version of their constituent parts.

I get tired of these people saying that "mixing" is good, but at the same time they say "having only one race is aweful". What exactly do you think will happen when everyone mixes? How is that "good for humanity"? The only point I can see to mixing, is to create a single race. But in having a single race, you destroy diversity, and there will then be no such thing as mixing. Diveristy and racial mixing is nothing more than a social policy intended to end racism by destroying race, its that simple.

Quote:
Bündchen is only Brazilian in nationality in my view. She is not a real Brazilian woman to me. Being Brazilian is all about mixing, and they are way ahead of the US in this respect.
And Barros? At least she is a mix of various white ethnic groups, not only from Southern Europe, but also from the north, judging from her physiognomy and eyes. There are a number of women like that in Portugal, too, especially in the Northern half, where there used to be various Germanic kingdoms many centuries ago.
She claims to be Portugese and Spanish, which are both in southern Europe, and they are immediate neighbors. In fact, the only country that Portugal borders is Spain. Their languages are almost exactly the same because they are so similar. It isn't exactly a great example of "ethnic mixing".

Quote:
Basically I don't care what humans 1.0 think of mixing. Nobody forces anyone to mix. But I do have a problem when humans 1.0 tell humans 2.0 who they should mix with and who not. It is none of their business.
WTF is human 2.0? I get really tired of people trying to say that this is progress. And they spout nonsense like, "we need to keep moving forward". You do realize, these policies are actually genetically destructive, and could just as easily be considered a regressive action instead of a progressive action. When I look at these liberal policies that are intended to create "progress", all I see is a destruction of the family. A dumbing-down of the population. People becoming fat and lazy. Crime rates and immorality skyrocketing. The institution of marriage crumbling, an ever-increasing number of children raised without a father. More and more dependent on the "state" to be their parent. I mean, is that progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Ana Beatriz Barros. - ForumBiodiversity.com » Anthropology Biodiversity Forum (ABF)

Seriously, do some more research. And what the hell are you talking about Han Chinese on islands with nuclear holocausts? I've lost you. I'm only talking about racist idiots who are against mixed raced couplings. I can tell you the world will be better place if you stay on topic..
If she has African in her, it is VERY little. Even if she does have African-American in her, she is hardly an example of the virtues of racial mixing. Because she wouldn't even matter if it wasn't for her strong caucasian features, such as light skin, relatively light and straight hair, a caucasian nose, and green eyes. I don't think there are very many people in this world that would look at her and assume for a second that she is part African. Thats if she is at all, I havn't seen anywhere that lists her as being part African, other than this individual on this forum. And here is a comment from that same forum.

"Her sisters do look full Caucasoid to me. Maybe she's just an exotic Caucasoid?"

Last edited by Redshadowz; 04-11-2011 at 11:48 AM..

Old 04-11-2011, 12:18 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Well, that will be a long time. Words and thoughts are what we share on any forum. You said your thoughts on a public forum also. You insulted millions of people at the same time.
I have no problem insulting people who say that "race mixing is wrong." If you feel insulted when I say that that opinion is abhorrent in modern society, then so be it.

Quote:
I think that this is a bogus poll, and that most Americans don't give a rip about integration.
You've literally just gone "It's from a source I don't care for - therefore this poll is bogus." Do you think that they made everything up? Do you think they lied about their results? Just saying "they got the results that they wanted to make a ficticious statement. And I wouldn't be surprised if it were doctored." seems lazy and ignorant. You're acting like an ostrich just putting its head in the sand, or a five year old kid going "nuh-uh!"

Old 04-11-2011, 01:13 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I think that this is a bogus poll, and that most Americans don't give a rip about integration. Who cares?

And when some idiot decides to cite a poll criticizing folks from Mississippi from a poll taken by idiots who planned on a certain outcome ... why aren't people offended by the intent of an obviously biased polling group.

As I said before - the PPP - the group that conducted this poll is owned by the Huffington Post. ( look it up ) ( credibility none ) they got the results that they wanted to make a ficticious statement. And I wouldn't be surprised if it were doctored. And the OP should ashamed of the BS he's trying to stir up. But he won't be. Push the agenda arsh*le.

Oh please, no agenda with this. It was a poll on the GOP Primary and it was one of the questions asked. The poll results actually fit pretty well with the actual voting result on this issue in the 2000 November Election in Alabama.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I agree. I don't care what other people say when it comes to mixing races. I think it's wrong. And, it's none of your business what I think. I happen to like blue eyes and blonde hair, like my children have, and my grandchildren have.

Well have to give you credit for at least admitting your abhorrent racist views. The others are hiding behind the poll and refuse to admit their racist selves to CD.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:34 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
But on this issue, you are wrong ALL the time!!!..
Your opinion, everybody has one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
I have no problem insulting people who say that "race mixing is wrong." If you feel insulted when I say that that opinion is abhorrent in modern society, then so be it.

Modern society? Yours maybe, I bet the majority of the world's population feels more like me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Well have to give you credit for at least admitting your abhorrent racist views. The others are hiding behind the poll and refuse to admit their racist selves to CD.
'Abhorrent racist views', because I disagree with you? I may not agree with your views, but I don't disbarage them or criticise you. Do you always call names when you disagree? My views have been held for 1000s of years, by billions of people, do you think the same of them. Newer is not always better.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:43 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
'Abhorrent racist views', because I disagree with you? I may not agree with your views, but I don't disbarage them or criticise you.
By definition, a viewpoint of "I think it is wrong to have children with somebody of another race" is racist. You are literally saying with a statement like that that you are prejudiced against anybody of a different ethnicity.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Your opinion, everybody has one.

'Abhorrent racist views', because I disagree with you? I may not agree with your views, but I don't disbarage them or criticise you. Do you always call names when you disagree? My views have been held for 1000s of years, by billions of people, do you think the same of them. Newer is not always better.
Yes, abhorrent racist views. People can disagree without it being racist, but certain things are racist such as thinking interracial marriage should be illegal. That is racist period.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:47 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
But why? Why would a world of only whites or Chinese be a nightmare? I was asking the question because the guy was trying to make the argument that if we don't mix, we are threatening the existence of the human race. This is a common perception that racial mixing will produce more "genetic" diversity and it will somehow make all of humanity better fit for survival. But the reality is, there is plenty of diversity within small populations. And the genetic diversity that is good for humanity, is things like skin color, height, muscle structure, etc. And these things are only important to adapt to certain types of environments. Mixing white people who are adapted to live in the colder areas with Africans that are adapted to live in hot areas, doesn't really serve any function for adaptability. In fact, they become a weaker and less adapted version of their constituent parts.

I get tired of these people saying that "mixing" is good, but at the same time they say "having only one race is aweful". What exactly do you think will happen when everyone mixes? How is that "good for humanity"? The only point I can see to mixing, is to create a single race. But in having a single race, you destroy diversity, and there will then be no such thing as mixing. Diveristy and racial mixing is nothing more than a social policy intended to end racism by destroying race, its that simple.

She claims to be Portugese and Spanish, which are both in southern Europe, and they are immediate neighbors. In fact, the only country that Portugal borders is Spain. Their languages are almost exactly the same because they are so similar. It isn't exactly a great example of "ethnic mixing".

WTF is human 2.0? I get really tired of people trying to say that this is progress. And they spout nonsense like, "we need to keep moving forward". You do realize, these policies are actually genetically destructive, and could just as easily be considered a regressive action instead of a progressive action. When I look at these liberal policies that are intended to create "progress", all I see is a destruction of the family. A dumbing-down of the population. People becoming fat and lazy. Crime rates and immorality skyrocketing. The institution of marriage crumbling, an ever-increasing number of children raised without a father. More and more dependent on the "state" to be their parent. I mean, is that progress?"
Of course it would not be the end of mankind, but it would be a horrible world to me. I can hardly tolerate Germany anymore, what would I do in a world of Faroe people only?! A Han world would be no more interesting to me. I notice it again and again, I just don't feel good in a this or that only environment. I need the colorful mix.
Sure, there is a lot of diversity within any given ethnic group as well, but then again, even more so between different ones.

When you speak of not mixing Africans and Whites because of the environment, well, those problems would be even more problematic to the non-mixed individuals of the ethnic group which is out of place, so to speak. In the US for instance, blacks in the northern Midwest are advised to take certain vitamin supplements while that climate is just fine for whites. Whites on the other hand have to use sun blocker in the Sun Belt while blacks have no problems there. But a mixed individual can go pretty much anywhere without these problems. Common sense is enough for them.
Also, mixing usually combines the best of two worlds, not the worst. Genes provide for quite some flexibility. If we were not supposed to mix, we would not be compatible genetically. But we are.

I am not saying a world of just one race would be awful, but it would be very boring to me. To someone who never left his environment it might be totally normal. But to people who have moved around quite a lot all over the world, being in a homogeneous environment is like being a junkie without drugs Same with city life. People who don't know it don't miss it. The rest usually gets bored when they have to move to a rural area.

What you say is exactly my point. I have written it before in another thread. To me diversity is not the goal at all, it is only the precondition for the goal which is one human race where it is impossible to tell people's ethnic ancestry. Brazil is pretty far on that path already. About half the population is so mixed they have no idea of all the ingredients.

Regarding that Brazilian model, what I meant to say is that she probably has Germanic ancestors as well, simply because a lot of Portuguese and to a lesser extent Spaniards as well have Germanic ancestors themselves, without knowing it as the mixing started +-1500 years ago.
The languages are not "almost exactly the same". There is a reason why most Spaniards don't understand Portuguese... And there are considerable differences between Portuguese and Spanish cultures and even people, depending on the area. Close to the border the differences are less, of course.

Your last paragraph addressed at me is just way off. You are confusing cause and effect, you are associating things that have nothing to do with each other. There is no crime gene etc. There is no way to classify people's behavior based on their ethnicity or race.
You almost sound like one of those old geezers I got to know in a Germany old people's home where I used to work. They said things like if only Hitler were back, then there would be no crime, no foreigners, etc. You spot problems, which no doubt exist, but seek the easy way out, looking back in vain instead of looking forward.

One of my favorite artists is Sade by the way, a wonderful Nigerian-British hybrid

Old 04-11-2011, 02:48 PM

210 posts, read 209,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies