Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 05:39 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Nothing you mentioned is a government problem. All these things are health problems and a persons health is a personal problem to be taken care of with money made by that person not money to bankrupt a nation. You people just don't get it. Are you willing to destroy a nation in order to have nanny government take care of you? From what I am seeing, Yes you are. Selfish.

Ask not what you country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country. The rest of us are getting a little weary trying to support things that are not necessary for our country to survive.

Our soldiers are risking their lives daily so you can complain that the government is not taking care of women good enough. You are so selfish that you would deprive their families assurance of money that is more than earned by the troops, rather than take care of your own health problems. Pathetic!

If our government keeps me safe, I can take care of myself and any other woman should be able to do the same unless they are bed ridden.

Oh please what a load of crap. Its the GOP is doing this. They are the ones that are trying to dismantle women's health services so they can score one for their hardcore base and would deprive troops in order to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 05:41 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Please, do you have PROOF that tax payer money is funneled off to pay for abortions?

........didn't think so.

Your opinion does not equal FACT.
^Agreed.

My tax money IS funneled into killing our soldiers and innocent civilians around the world for no reason, subsidizing big corporations and mega farms, black ops and who knows what- oh multimillion dollar planes that have never flown, $150. hammers, mold and decay at Walter Reed and on and on and on- and there's nothing I can do about it.

I like that a pittance of what I pay goes for women's services right here in this country- because it's the morally and financially right thing to do.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:41 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salem baptist View Post
There are plenty of places she could have gone for a pap smear PP isn't the only alternative
Yes, they would it a place called the Health Dept. I went there years ago when I had NO INSURANCE and got my kids immunizations, pap's etc.
We dont need Planned Parenthood too!

Old 04-08-2011, 05:43 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,462 times
Maybe pictures of aborted babies should be posted so all can see what infantcide looks like............

Old 04-08-2011, 05:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
In my opinion, the outrage over cutting Planned Parenthood funding is ridiculous.
It was needed when it came into being (just like labor unions, child labor laws, civil rights and women's lib), during the 50's and 60's, but NOW every
4th grader knows about birth control, and it is readily available.
The Dems need to get with it.
I heard a snippet of Harry Reid on the radio today talking about the cuts to PP. He said this will hurt women all over the US because they won't be able to get cancer screenings if these cuts go through.

Yup..that is what he said. If Congress defunds the measly 22% of government money that PP gets..women all over the US will not be able to get their cancer screenings.

I wondered about this because I never associated PP with cancer screenings; mostly with birth control and abortions.
But Harry relies on PP for his granddaughters to get their healthcare I guess.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...61-503544.html
"I have nine granddaughters and I want them to have the peace of mind that if something later goes on I can't help them with, that they can go get a cancer screening, have some information that they can't get at home and we're not going to violate that," he told CBS News' Nancy Cordes.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:44 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Oh please what a load of crap. Its the GOP is doing this. They are the ones that are trying to dismantle women's health services so they can score one for their hardcore base and would deprive troops in order to do so.
That is correct.

And, for all of those who think that "all the liberals who support it should hold fundraisers to fund Planned Parenthood..."

If it comes to that, I hope they turn away all of those good, christian girls who come there for help because they're too ashamed to go to mommy and daddy.

Like it or not, Planned Parenthood fills a real gap in the medical area of women's health care in our country. That includes the poor, the young, and the those who are too ashamed and afraid to go to their parents for help.

Getting rid of Planned Parenthood is not going to put the fear of the Lord in these young women. It will just keep them from getting the help that they need.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:45 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Stop it!
What you are posting is untrue!
They are trying to shave WASTE off so We as a Country do not go belly up!
AS "YOUR" President stated WE ALL MUST SACRIFICE during his campaign!
Well, here is one example of doing so and it needs to be done as I have said before they can go to the Health Dept and Community Hospitals and receive care

Old 04-08-2011, 05:48 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Yes, they would it a place called the Health Dept. I went there years ago when I had NO INSURANCE and got my kids immunizations, pap's etc.
We dont need Planned Parenthood too!
I've been in a couple of Health Departments for immunizations over the years. Based on my experiences, I can't even imagine going to one of those places for a pap smear.

I can honestly say that "I'd rather die".... than go to the Health Departments that I've been in for a pap smear.

Apparently, you believe that those that can't afford health insurance should not be allowed to have any personal pride, as well.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:48 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Sorry but you are totally wrong. I watched C-Span this week instead of the major news stations and it became very clear that the Republicans were trying to assure the troops money and the only thing the Democrats cared about was abortion. They have changed their tune now and are talking about women's health, but on the House floor it was all about being able to keep abortions going. Two of them specifically mentioned that they would rather shut down the government rather than lose the taxpayer paid abortions. It was enough to make any decent persons blood boil.

This country is going down the tubes because murdering babies is more important than its normal thinking citizens wanting to balance a budget. I don't agree with all the Republican ideas, but Planned Parenthood should never have started and it needs to go.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:50 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salem baptist View Post
There are plenty of places she could have gone for a pap smear PP isn't the only alternative
And all of *those places* she could have gone are funded with Title 10 funds--just like PP. And those funds will be removed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies