U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Status: "Ya gotta come back to remember why you left." (set 17 days ago)

31,311 posts, read 17,393,165 times
CAFE Standards by year.

Corporate Average Fuel Economy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 09:34 AM

401 posts, read 191,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
LOL, love it, blame the environmentalists for the price of fuel. yeah, its all their fault... LOL

let's look at that. You would agree that the price of anything is based on what someone is willing to sell it for and more importantly what someone is willing to pay for it, right?

let's say that price is affected by the supply. Would you agree that if widgets are in short supply, there will be more people willing to buy widgets than there are widgets being made and the price will rise? The old supply and demand chart, the demand for widget drive the price of widgets.

Unlimited supplies and/or decreased demand mean lower prices, short supplies and/or INCREASED demand mean higher prices.
This is NOT the case. Obama and his administration are CLEARLY biased and altering the market via government manipulation. It is not simply supply and demand. They are attempting to limit the supply to drive up prices, making alternative energy artificially more appealing. This potential default to alternative energy allows them to line the pockets of their party contributors.

We could just make vehicles more efficient and still use fossil fuel. There is no need to weigh vehicles down with behemoth batteries that are going to become toxic waste when they die. No one wants to talk about how much better clean diesel technology is than hybrid technology for the vast number of americans. You environmentalists are being deceived and buying into the deception, hook, line and sinker.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:43 AM

1,304 posts, read 854,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
This is the same wiki link I've been supplying with previous posts BTW. CAFE standards were stable all through the 1990s. Since these standards are a congressionally passed law, it was congress who was responsible for the cause / effect, not the president.

My assertions still apply.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
LOL, love it, blame the environmentalists for the price of fuel. yeah, its all their fault... LOL
Yeah, LOL , because it is the environmentalists who have been saying for 20 years to get the US to be more efficient by raising gas prices. Pick up a paper and read it sometime.

Too bad we have a president which listened to them.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:03 AM

7,947 posts, read 9,049,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog32 View Post
This is NOT the case. Obama and his administration are CLEARLY biased and altering the market via government manipulation. It is not simply supply and demand. They are attempting to limit the supply to drive up prices, making alternative energy artificially more appealing. This potential default to alternative energy allows them to line the pockets of their party contributors.

We could just make vehicles more efficient and still use fossil fuel. There is no need to weigh vehicles down with behemoth batteries that are going to become toxic waste when they die. No one wants to talk about how much better clean diesel technology is than hybrid technology for the vast number of americans. You environmentalists are being deceived and buying into the deception, hook, line and sinker.
Agreed. I am all for alternative energies but they need to be reasonable. I don't understand why we can't have 60mpg (non-hybrid) cars here in the US like they have in Europe. GM says because there isn't demand for that kind of vehicle in the US but I call BS on that one. I am sure if they were sold in the US people would buy them.

And Obama is simply no different from Bush in this matter. Bush allowed oil prices to be driven up to benefit his special interest groups and Obama is doing the same.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:12 AM

913 posts, read 2,047,279 times
Actually what he meant is trade in your car for a GM car! Gotta help out the UAW back, time to payback ***** before 2012! LOL

Old 04-09-2011, 10:23 AM

19,220 posts, read 6,248,308 times
My 70 Torino is 41 today.

I bought her new shocks, springs, idler arm, polygraphite bushings, and ball joints; brake drums, cylinders and shoes all the way around, and a really thick front sway bar.

She deserves it!

I mean, considering the way I drive her, an' all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Nz9B1XFio

Old 04-09-2011, 10:28 AM

Man talk about back to the future...

While Obama listens to the environment-tards and goes along with raising gas prices, the economy will go into another stagflation. The environment-tards just can't grasp just how hooked our whole economy is to oil.

In the mean time the people who will be impacted the most, low income Democrats, will see just how sold out they were to the small group of elite environment-tards and the media. Yeah, Obama and his supporters say too bad you cannot afford your groceries or heat your home, sucks for you. You should have dropped that $25K for a new Prius, just like I did.

Well, here come another batch of newly minted Reagan Democrats for 2012 who will vote for the first person who says "drill baby drill".

In a nutshell, this is exactly how Reagan got into office.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:30 AM

6,721 posts, read 1,961,384 times
citation??? or is this opinion and belief?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog32 View Post

Old 04-09-2011, 10:31 AM

401 posts, read 191,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
My 70 Torino is 41 today.

I bought her new shocks, springs, idler arm, polygraphite bushings, and ball joints; brake drums, cylinders and shoes all the way around, and a really thick front sway bar.

She deserves it!

I mean, considering the way I drive her, an' all.
My first car was a Torino !! Tell her many women get finer with age, just like a nice Cabernet.

Now, get a bumper-sticker-magnet and put this baby on your bumper:
Attached Thumbnails
Obama "trade in your car"-270231264v26_480x480_front.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies