Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 08:53 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,268,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Not trolling etc. Serious question. Just my wonder for the morning.
We go for good policy over color anytime, so that means if the next twenty are all Black, Asian or White means nothing to most.

Maybe ask how much longer Blacks will remain the slaves of the Democrat party through welfare and government jobs?
Now that all the money was spent those are going to be going away to some extent and it would have IMO been wise of Blacks to have been in the Republican party more having influence.

As there is budgeting I think you will hear the screaming of racism because so many blacks failed to go into the private sector like everyone else and are in the biggest way present in the social programs and government work. We'll see, but I bet I am right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 08:53 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,466,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I think it's Allen West. And yes, he does look like a winner.

Unfortunately, President Obama's very poor performance may hurt the chances of another black man being elected for some time. I hope that's not the case, and that we can judge people on ability and character, rather than race.
I wouldn't rate Obama's performance as poor given that fact that being president at this time for anyone would really suck. Besides, it wasn't about race when he got elected, it was about who was the best candidate. To be honest, I really don't think that McCain would be a better President and I don't think the Hilary's platform would have been any different than Obama's. I mean, really, who else out there that ran would have really been better than our current President.

And even if people think that Obama's performance wasn't that good in the end, what would that mean for another black candidate? They are not all the same. If anything, it would hurt the chances of younger candidates if anything.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:54 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,129,059 times
It doesn't matter, because the media and the left would bash him and treat him like a traitor. We all know if, say Allen West was nominated before Obama was elected. You would not have seen the media, hollywood, and the left act the same way they did for Obama. They would not have propped up "making history", or been in tears of joy if he won. They would not have said people were racist if they didn't vote for him as they did when Obama ran.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:29 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,589,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
We go for good policy over color anytime, so that means if the next twenty are all Black, Asian or White means nothing to most.

Maybe ask how much longer Blacks will remain the slaves of the Democrat party through welfare and government jobs?
Now that all the money was spent those are going to be going away to some extent and it would have IMO been wise of Blacks to have been in the Republican party more having influence.

As there is budgeting I think you will hear the screaming of racism because so many blacks failed to go into the private sector like everyone else and are in the biggest way present in the social programs and government work. We'll see, but I bet I am right.
Blacks historically have "failed to go into the private sector" because the private sector has historically "failed" to hire them.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:31 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,164,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Not trolling etc. Serious question. Just my wonder for the morning.
Not until blacks, as a group, get over the victimization crap they've been spoonfed for the last several generations.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:34 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,466,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

Do you have numbers on that? Do you actually think that most of the black people working just work government jobs?

Old 04-08-2011, 09:56 AM

39,810 posts, read 26,408,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yeah. After all, we gave white guys all kinds of chances. Why would Obama's performance (which is far from poor btw) screw it up for black men (or women)?
Obama's performance wasn't poor? What, really, has he done right?

- "Spendulus" program that has proven ineffective, or at least a very costly way to create a small number of jobs

- Started a 3rd war, siding with one side in a civil war, in a country that posed no threat to us. One in which we chose the side supported by Al Queda(sp)

- Innitiated a health care plan that the legislature had no opportunity to read, until the law was passed. Remember "we'll pass the bill so we can see what's in it"? One that has been found unconstitutional in federal court.

- Expanded the deficit by about 50% in just 2 years

- Failed to live up to campaign promises of transparency and posting bills on line for public review and comment.

- Failed to live up to a campaign promise to shut down Gitmo. I agree with the decision, it was a stupid promise to make in the first place.

- Failed to provide any leadership with a viable budget proposal.

- Promises to veto a bill that would allow the federal government to keep operating after today.

I mean, how much worse can a president's performance actually be? I like him fine as a person, he'd be fun to sit down with at a bar and talk to. But as a national leader...unfortunately he's been a failure. Or at least a poor performer.

Regardless, I would hope that this wouldn't hurt the chances for another black man to be elected president.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:59 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,379,903 times
Allen West would be a very good choice for the Republicans if they want to go "mano a mano" in terms of skin color in the next race.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:01 AM

8,275 posts, read 12,835,765 times
I don't think you will see a black man for over 40 years from them a woman maybe in 25.

a black woman.... never.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:06 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,709,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Allen West would be a very good choice for the Republicans if they want to go "mano a mano" in terms of skin color in the next race.

You assume that Obama wins the Democratic nomination in 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies