Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 03:06 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Stop the settlements? WHY. Israel was attacked, Israel won the war, Israel took the lan by right of Conquest. Are you up for giving New mexico and parts of texas back to mexico.
'
The problem with "right of conquest" is that at some point in the future you are going to get conquered right back.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:06 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
We should NOT be doling out any of our money to ANY country but our own.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:47 PM

313 posts, read 284,725 times
Quote:
Stop the settlements? WHY. Israel was attacked, Israel won the war, Israel took the lan by right of Conquest.
'
Actually Israel attacked first... you can't really 'conquer' a people, steal their land and kick them off it... And then scream 'among they are the terrorist for blowing themselves up at us' as the Jets of Zionist Israel fly overhead bombing them in the stone age.

Everytime throughout history when a people are occupied, abused, and subjugated, they fight back with 'terrorist' attacks. I hardly see how the Palestinians are any more terrorist then Israel kicking them off their land and bombing them. Maybe they would stop blowing themselves up if Israel stopped stealing their land and abusing them? The uneducated will resort to any methods they can to inflict harm on those who they feel are responsible for their situation. And in this case, you have a U.S taxpayer military machine fighting people with rocks.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:53 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
I think we can agree both sides are at fault. But I find it ridiculous that we pay Israel billions and give them billions in military equipment so they will do what is in their best interest for a few weeks. Were paying them to stop fighting the neighbor as they keep extending their fence into the neighbors yard.

I mean the world agrees the settlements are illegal but we do nothing to stop it but pay them. And the moment those couple weeks were done they were waiting to start building within hours.

Now Israel Is always gonna have people who hate them like Iran but that is new excuse for them stealing land.

The US should stop payments to any country, period Start taking care of our own back yard first and foremost. Too many people in this country without jobs, too many homeless, too many problems here, to be worried about other countries. I am all for private donations to other countries. I support Israel, but enough is enough all ready......

Old 04-09-2011, 02:10 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
Quote:
Stop the settlements? WHY. Israel was attacked, Israel won the war, Israel took the lan by right of Conquest. Are you up for giving New mexico and parts of texas back to mexico.
'
... and it their job to keep it, not ours.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
I think we can agree both sides are at fault. But I find it ridiculous that we pay Israel billions and give them billions in military equipment so they will do what is in their best interest for a few weeks. Were paying them to stop fighting the neighbor as they keep extending their fence into the neighbors yard.

I mean the world agrees the settlements are illegal but we do nothing to stop it but pay them. And the moment those couple weeks were done they were waiting to start building within hours.

Now Israel Is always gonna have people who hate them like Iran but that is new excuse for them stealing land.
if we stop supporting them we will have lost one of the few alies we have in the region. We have always considered Isreal our friends, I still do.

Nita

Old 04-09-2011, 12:28 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
if we stop supporting them we will have lost one of the few alies we have in the region. We have always considered Isreal our friends, I still do.

Nita
Why does the US need Israel as an ally in the Middle East? What is going to change if the US would stop sending aid to Israel?
So you would rather send money to Israel than to invest it in the USA?

Old 04-09-2011, 12:35 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Absolutely! Stop funding a nation that commits crimes against humanity!

Old 04-09-2011, 12:37 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
How many US troops are we allowed to base in Israel if need be? I mean our other regional Allies like Qatar, Bahrain, Turkey, Djibouti, and Kuwait let us base troops there if there is the need.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:40 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
'
But we don't keep taking land from Mexico and destroy homes.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...I8H1gAflu_naBQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies