Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 08:13 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Sorry that I am not selfish enough for you.

at this point all your posts are just buzz words that only you know the real meaning of. selfish? repugnant? condoned? what are you talking about or are you side stepping

Old 04-09-2011, 08:19 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
this was a general statement a segment of anti choice men who want to control women. it was not directed at you personally too close to home or do you doubt there are men that want women to have little control over their daily lives? let alone be a true partner in life.
There are both men and women who are control mongers. I take nothing personally when discussing topics with anonymous posters. Seeing as I have been happily married for 20 yrs and raised/raising three beautiful daughters your previous third person tacit accusation is inconsequential in relation to me.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:20 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Just look around at all of the single mothers out there who are struggling to raise children on their own..........because the fathers are MIA.

Look at all of the fathers who will do anything to avoid paying child support.

Look at all of the fathers out there who whine about having to pay child support.

Can you deny the fact that mothers have to go to court to try to FORCE men to contribute to the care of their children?
I sadly know one of those "men". Had a boy with a woman, then a girl with another one...and now he is married to my best friend. At one point he worked under the table because he didn't want to pay child support to the girl's and the boy's mothers. So his wife gets stuck paying them when she gets her tax return every year...

164 posts, read 103,771 times
Planned Parenthood is still going to be on the chopping block. I will not have my tax dollars go to any organization that does or condones abortions. I've written my Representative to make sure they are on the ball.

3,484 posts, read 2,870,931 times
What the hell is it with men and some women that they persist in denying the emormous physical and emotionally effects of pregnancy?

This is ridiculous. Pregnancy places a huge strain on a woman's body. Pregnancy effects every single aspect of a woman's life including her ability to breath, eat, sleep and even the size of her brain. Pregnancy means gaining huge amounts of weight, watching your boobs swell up, your back ache, your feet grow, your lung power decrease, your heart strain, your blood pressure rise, your rear end expand and causes literally dozens of other changes, most of them unpleasant. All you anti-abortionists should be incredibly grateful that any woman chooses to go through with a pregnancy at all.

Can't we have one single discussion on this subject where an anti-abortionist doesn't show up to pretend otherwise?

Old 04-09-2011, 08:22 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Pregnancy is preventable.

Double up - women can get IUD's, take BC pills, get a shot, and the boys can even wear condoms!
Please look up the side effects of birth control pills. They're not candy. They can cause serious health problems.

I am not saying I am for abortion or against it but BC pills are not a joke.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:23 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salem baptist View Post
Planned Parenthood is still going to be on the chopping block. I will not have my tax dollars go to any organization that does or condones abortions. I've written my Representative to make sure they are on the ball.
Well a) abortions only constitute three percent of all planned parenthood's activies and b) you're not the only taxpayer. I'm a taxpayer and I want my tax dollars going to fund women's health issues.

If you get control I want the same control. No money for wars. More money for pap smears, STD education, contraceptive research and a few dozen other more important activities.

Fair is fair, right?

Old 04-09-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
However, falsehoods are unsupportable, as therefore is your argument that abortion is murder.
There are a lot of terms describing human actions that were once legal that are no longer. I choose to be out in front of an issue.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:27 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Well a) abortions only constitute three percent of all planned parenthood's activies and b) you're not the only taxpayer. I'm a taxpayer and I want my tax dollars going to fund women's health issues.

If you get control I want the same control. No money for wars. More money for pap smears, STD education, contraceptive research and a few dozen other more important activities.

Fair is fair, right?
Yes, I am tired of people who think they are the only ones who pay taxes, and they have the right to dictate where all tax money, which includes mine goes.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
at this point all your posts are just buzz words that only you know the real meaning of. selfish? repugnant? condoned? what are you talking about or are you side stepping
There is a difference between buzzwords and intelligent dialogue. Please look up the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies