Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 09:59 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,184,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
One is the baby because it is now his home for awhile and the other is the man that was allowed in because now HIS baby is in your body.
I just can't see how the women can use the excuse that it is HER body once she made the mistake to allow others into it.
Just wondering.
Yes, it is her body and pregnancy is not a benign condition. Legally, the fetus is not considered a person and women do have determination in this country over their own health and body.

The fetus isn't property of the man. It's not like flat panel TV. There are no ownership laws of the fetus.

The fetus could also be a girl contrary to what you said.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:02 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,351,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Let's clear this up ONE MORE TIME. No federal dollars, nope, not a single dollar, dime, or penny is used to FUND ABORTIONS.

What do people not get about that?
Well, someone disagrees with you:

Planned Parenthood Did One Abortion Every 95 Seconds

How about a lil' snippet?

Quote:
Planned Parenthood, according to its most recent annual report, also received $363.2 million in government grants and contracts during its fiscal year that ended on June 30, 2009.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:02 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,088,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
But since it is his baby that she allowed into her "body", he should have the choice to raise his baby after she delivers it because it may be her body but it is still HIS baby. She may go through the 9 months but he will be raising the child and he should have his choice too. I think we would all agree that raising a child is harder than having the child. He should have his choice too.
As long as his child is there I do not see how it can be just her decision by saying it is her body, she is the one that let him in.
If you allow someone to come into your house do they now own you and everything of yours??

Can they stay forever???

Old 04-09-2011, 10:08 AM

I think I now at least understand the OP....harkens back to the antiquated, sexist,caveman idea that if a man has sex with a woman he then "owns" her, she is his conquest....I thought we all came out of the cave.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:10 AM

217 posts, read 416,097 times
Once a baby is developing it is no longer "your body" it is now an apartment for another life.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:12 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,360,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
But since it is his baby that she allowed into her "body", he should have the choice to raise his baby after she delivers it because it may be her body but it is still HIS baby. She may go through the 9 months but he will be raising the child and he should have his choice too. I think we would all agree that raising a child is harder than having the child. He should have his choice too.
As long as his child is there I do not see how it can be just her decision by saying it is her body, she is the one that let him in.
Even if we accept your premise that raising a child would be more difficult then then having a child it should not matter. The reason being is that having a child is generally seen as a greater benefit then burden. An unwanted pregnancy is not. Thus If you acknowledge that abortion is a right generally and argue that a father should have veto power on an abortion, you are arguing that a person with a lesser interest, should exercise complete control over whether a person with a greater interest can exercise a right and whether they must bear the burden of being prevented from having the ability to exercise their rights.

It is not really generally accepted that you can deny someone their rights to grant some other person a speculative future benefit.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 04-09-2011 at 10:24 AM..

Old 04-09-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803andy View Post
Once a baby is developing it is no longer "your body" it is now an apartment for another life.
So you believe that a twelve year old who's pregnant with her father's/Uncle's/brother's/priest's/neighbor's baby should be forced to have it?

And all other rape victims should be forced to have the baby??

Old 04-09-2011, 10:17 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,251,710 times
funny how many think that women are property.

disgusting.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:22 AM

401 posts, read 472,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
funny how many think that women are property.

disgusting.
Who said this?

Old 04-09-2011, 10:29 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,585,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Planned Parenthood Poised to Fight Funding Cuts with Powerful Political Machinery - OpenSecrets Blog | OpenSecrets
So, why is Planned Parenthood using my tax dollars for political purposes? Wouldn't they be better of using the money for their actual mission in society?
Well, for starters they're not.

This may be shocking to you, but not every single penny of every single person or organization that receives a single penny of federal money belongs to you or came out of your pocket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies