Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 12:02 PM

35,932 posts, read 30,469,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Well Im pro-life, I don't want to see anybody kill somebody else or somebody kill themselves. I only feel God has the right to take someone, when he feels its thier time. Thats what I believe.

But you said this:
Quote:
I think it is wrong unless the mothers life is also at risk. Than she should be able to choose since it could potentially really end her life. Im on the fence about in cases of rape or incest maybe there could be some middle ground found there idk.
Which is it? Ok for a group of strangers to have the right to decide for everyone as long as it is in agreement with your beliefs or only for God to decide.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:03 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,263,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Who said that I'm NOT concerned with ALL people, fetus or otherwise? I don't want any child/adult abused. All people should be free of others violating their property rights. Unwanted children should be taken care of by families and civic organizations.
You still don't get it do you? I will give another example: There are families that have actually DISOWNED their daughters if they kept an biracial baby, so much for family support. What are the "civic organizations" that are going to take care of unwanted children and who funds them? huh let me guess Taxpayers!

It seems to me that many of you anti-abortionist only look at the child from conception until birth and than they cannot provide any real solutions on the care of that child until they reach adulthood

Old 04-12-2011, 12:06 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,181,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The issue is clearly one that should be decided by the individual. The government should play no part.
the moment roe versus wade was completed the federal governement intefered

Old 04-12-2011, 12:07 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,181,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You still don't get it do you? I will give another example: There are families that have actually DISOWNED their daughters if they kept an biracial baby, so much for family support. What are the "civic organizations" that are going to take care of unwanted children and who funds them? huh let me guess Taxpayers!

It seems to me that many of you anti-abortionist only look at the child from conception until birth and than they cannot provide any real solutions on the care of that child until they reach adulthood
Straw man arguments. You have no proof of any of your statements

Old 04-12-2011, 12:15 PM

35,932 posts, read 30,469,451 times
Quote:
Apparently you have never been raped or talked to someone who has. A woman that has been raped has 8-9 months to be constantly reminded of that terrible day. After the child is born she now has visual reminder of what that attacker looks like. Everytime that woman looks at that child what do you think goes through her mind?

Either you are a cold hearted person or an extremely cluelessly sheltered person who will NEVER understand how another person can feel outside of your own convictions.

Sadly, I would expect your reply to come from a man and the response given by a woman but.....
I dont think that post was in anyway meant to trivialize the situation. The issue was why do anti choice ppl feel abortion is murder but it is ok in that situation (forced) but not if the women were pregnant otherwise (consensual). Is a life not a life. Is the fetus of rape not also human and deserving of the same as one conceived of recreational sex.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:25 PM

18,325 posts, read 18,903,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Straw man arguments. You have no proof of any of your statements
seriously? of course there are families that would disown a child if they came home pregnant, an even greater sin in the mind of some would be to come home pregnant with a biracial child.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:31 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,665,169 times
Quote:

You've jumped to conclusions. I'm not an anti-abortionist. Unwanted babies should be and would be taken care of by private individuals and adoption organizations.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:36 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,665,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The position is referred to as "pro-choice moderates" which I have no problem being classified as. This would be as opposed to "pro-choice absolutists" who believe in abortion on demand up until 40 weeks gestation, or when the baby is born. This is not a widely help position. This stance is perfectly fine in theory, but the morals and logistics are difficult to support. We have very few late-term abortion providers since Dr. Tiller's execution, and it is my opinion that the service be reserved for those in need not want. Late-term abortion accounts for about 1% of abortion performed, that's approximately 1,000 a year.
You can call yourself whatever you like but if you support taking a mother's choice away after the first trimester, you are not pro-choice, maybe moderate, but not pro-choice. Actually, you're probably more of a pro-life moderate. You pro-lifers are always wanting to stick your noses in other peoples business.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:57 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,037,514 times
Quote:
Unwanted babies should be and would be taken care of by private individuals and adoption organizations.
In a perfect world, maybe. In reality, sadly, not. A lot of the pro-life rhetoric ends at birth.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:02 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,504,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You can call yourself whatever you like but if you support taking a mother's choice away after the first trimester, you are not pro-choice, maybe moderate, but not pro-choice. Actually, you're probably more of a pro-life moderate. You pro-lifers are always wanting to stick your noses in other peoples business.
Nice try, but no sale. If I had to choose a position, it would be pro-choice absolutist as others have already stated here. But as we have a law in position backed by science I don't have to.

By the way, what is your stance, you have carefully avoided revealing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies