Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 08:24 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,976,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich; our nation might actually survive a few years if we had these men in power to roll back the currency-destroying, spendaholic and over-borrowing insanity in Washington. Although Paul is a Libertarian/conservative and Kucinich is a radical liberal, they agree on many key issues and stand against the majority of legislators' strange support of nation-destroying policies like NAFTA and endless war-mongering. Ron Paul is a medical doctor, one of the few elected officials in Washington that has ever held a REAL job. He even believes we could do away with income tax by scaling back government, as Thomas Jefferson adamantly believed.

I shouldn't hope for intelligence in the power centers of Washington; it just makes the misery of seeing the criminal, traitorous incompetent clowns we get to choose from too much to bear.
Great post. Though I don't agree with some of Paul's positions, because he's so staunchly libertarian, I have great respect for him. Two of my political heroes (Kuicinich and Ralph Nader) team up with him frequently. That's true cooperation and bipartisanship. True liberals and a true libertarian/conservative coming together to fight for the citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 08:30 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
- oh, apologies. That was some other time he pretended to run for President and found something sufficiently controversial to get headlines:

Trump proposes massive onetime tax on the rich - CNN

Get it yet, Apprentice fans? He's not for real. You're being played - again.
Beck/Trump 2012

Old 04-11-2011, 08:46 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,387,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I don't believe imposing a "special" or arbitrary tax on only one segment of the population is constitutional. If Trump wants to propose the rich voluntarily give $$ to get us out of this extreme mess, is another matter. Unfortunately, many of them won't leave it at that. They will want "payback" for their "charitable contribution", i.e. a piece of the power pie. Not that they don't already have a large piece of it....
Why would it be unconstitutional? Congress has to power to collect taxes in article 1 sec. 8. I am sorry but my pet peeve is when people stay something is unconstitutional without giving any grounds for why that is.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:08 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Beck/Trump 2012

LL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies