Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 03:37 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Amen Brother. The leftist goons have zero to say about this. I wonder why?
Harry reid made an even stronger case against raising the nation's debt limit in 2006, and he, like 0bama, will do complete flip-flop on the issue now.

YouTube - Harry Reid in '06: Raising debt limit last thing we should do, will weaken country, hurt economy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 03:37 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Meaningful cuts? We are looking at what, a 13 TRILLION dollar deficit and we are talking about cutting 30 billion dollars? You cannot be serious because this isn't a serious budget cutting measure.
You are confused. The 30 billion cut was not the Tea Partys budget.
Like I said. The Tea Party was the only one with meaningful cuts. 500 billion was the budget cut Rand Paul of the Tea Party brought to the table.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:51 PM

515 posts, read 368,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You are in no position to engage in that debate unless you accept the reality that deficit spending and crony capitalism started WELL BEFORE Jan 20, 2009. It would be the first grown up step to acknowledging a problem and being sincere in contributing to its resolution. Otherwise it is good old bickering from a partisan hack.

Obama is up for corporate tax reform. He is the one who brought the fact to my attention couple of years ago, that corporations like GE and Exxon Mobil escape paying taxes that lesser businesses can't. I won't hold my breath expecting you to praise him if he went about doing just that, but at least... would you support his efforts? Or, still find excuses to whine and complain as your habit ALWAYS forces you to?

PS. And when you respond to someone's post, at least stay on the content of the post you're responding to.
he talked about corporate tax reform, but did nothing about it.He always talk, but don't act.
But I'm happy about trade agreements with S.Korea and Colombia.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:20 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So, your choice is keep using the same policies that the dems have been executing for the past 4 years?

Some of us know it is going to be a hard road ahead. Without control of the Senate compromise is the order of the day.
My choice? Show me explicitly or even implicitly where I noted it is my choice to do anything here, please. So are you saying I should beat my wife? So are you saying the moon is really made of cheese? Please do not attempt to disguise a statement in the form of a question so clumsily, its offensive.

When Republicans were a majority in Congress under a Republican President, did Conservative positions get progressed in any meaningful manner? No, I'm not talking about Neoconservative positions either, I'm talking about traditional Conservative positions such as humble foreign policy, spending restraint, no new nation building, etc...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Like I said. The Tea Party was the only one with meaningful cuts. 500 billion was the budget cut Rand Paul of the Tea Party brought to the table.
Of those 500 billion in proposed cuts brought to the table, how many have been implemented and supported by the establishment GOP? Don't get me wrong, I actually like many of the things Rand Paul is suggesting, as like his pops, he is one of the rare few voices that is looking at the cost of maintaining US empire and its effects on our domestic economic well being. However, without the establishment GOP, the Tea Party candidates don't stand a chance of getting much done. Which I might also ask, of those freshmen Congress members that ran on a Tea Party platform, how many are still espousing their platform and how many have been folded into the GOP lock step? (just a guess)

Old 04-11-2011, 08:33 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,834,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
Your post is the real bull****.We don't care about big business, I don't care...But Obama love them and don't care about small businesses.
Small businesses = 75% of jobs created in the US, it's high time to help them, but they don't exist for Obama and Democrats And Bush didn't care about them too Our politicians need some lessons about economics, seriously.
"Our" politicians?? Dragneel / Wonderful Jellal, Don't you live in France?

Old 04-12-2011, 06:58 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
...and the dems and 0bama brought meaningful budget cuts of ZERO to the table, and they ended up giving into the republicans to the tune of tens of billions. If the dems still controlled the house, we'd be looking at a $20 trillion debt by the end of fiscal year 2012.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:05 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
he talked about corporate tax reform, but did nothing about it.He always talk, but don't act.
But I'm happy about trade agreements with S.Korea and Colombia.
On corporate tax reform, what more do you expect him to do beyond asking the congress to work on US corporate tax reform?

"the US should aim to eliminate special tax breaks and loopholes and use the savings to lower the corporate tax rate from its current level of 35 per cent – one of the highest in the developed world. But it said that any reform should not add to US budget deficits, which could prove to be a sticking point with the business community."

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 04-12-2011 at 07:14 AM..

Old 04-12-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Of those 500 billion in proposed cuts brought to the table, how many have been implemented and supported by the establishment GOP? Don't get me wrong, I actually like many of the things Rand Paul is suggesting, as like his pops, he is one of the rare few voices that is looking at the cost of maintaining US empire and its effects on our domestic economic well being. However, without the establishment GOP, the Tea Party candidates don't stand a chance of getting much done. Which I might also ask, of those freshmen Congress members that ran on a Tea Party platform, how many are still espousing their platform and how many have been folded into the GOP lock step? (just a guess)
On the unconstitutional and COSTLY use of the military in Libya by Obama I believe all the votes against Obama were Tea Party and quasi Tea Party.
On the Rand Paul budget cut Mike Lee of the Tea Party was lockstep with Rand Paul.
I think the vote on the budget is Wednesday, tomorrow, is the vote. We'll see who the grand standers are.
"I didn’t come to Washington to settle for $6 billion less in spending than if I had not been here. I suspect most of my freshmen House friends didn’t either. That’s barely half a day’s spending at our current pace. This discussion is simply not credible or serious, and unfortunately, it has not been from the beginning, as the House leadership has made clear.
Think about it another way before you vote: The entire budget cut plans skim 3 percent off the top of our historic $1.65 trillion deficit. That means the side of Big Government got 97 percent of what they want.
I prefer to be on the other side. The side of the people who sent us here to Washington to do something. To cut spending. To save our economy. To move toward a balanced budget.
I will vote a resounding NO this week to this so-called deal. And I urge my colleagues, if they are serious about cutting government spending, to do the same.
Rand Paul to vote against spending-cut plan - 2chambers - The Washington Post

"Earlier Monday, five Democratic members of New York’s congressional delegation held an event with nonprofit leaders to protest the $38 billion in cuts. Reps. Jerry Nadler, Charlie Rangel, Carolyn Maloney, Eliot Engel and Anthony Weiner blasted the funding cuts to community development block grants, education and the Women Infants and Children Program."

Maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't see one of these offer a budget that said cut the military and use the money to fund these programs. Obvious trade off, yet the dems showed their true colors as war mongers. Shouldn't surprise anyway as Obama said it himself. The president shouldn't use force unless he has a D by his name.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
...and the dems and 0bama brought meaningful budget cuts of ZERO to the table, and they ended up giving into the republicans to the tune of tens of billions. If the dems still controlled the house, we'd be looking at a $20 trillion debt by the end of fiscal year 2012.
So instead of being up to our eyeballs in it, we're only up to our chin.
oh joy!!!
oh happy day!!!
Silly me, here I thought our future was in jeopardy but now I can see clearly
We're saved!!!!!!

multiple that sarcasm by one million please lol

lower the debt, reduce the size of government

Old 04-12-2011, 08:14 AM

I hope you understand, when you say corporate tax, it really means tax on the individual purchaser. You and I pay for it in the end since those companies pass that cost on to the consumer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies