Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 12:24 PM

589 posts, read 756,518 times

Advertisements

When in Rome do as the Romans do...When in France do as the French do.

99% of Muslims in France are either from North Africa or their parents are from there. So why did they move to France on their own free will if they dont want to be like the French ? I dont know why, but I do agree with the ban. If the Muslims living in France dont like this law then they could always, you know...buy a plane ticket back to their own wonderful homelands where the Niqab is worn by every woman.

And the very fact that this had to be made a law shows that many immigrants to France are the ones with the problem - and not the French people themseves. It shows a huge lack of trying to fit into French society on the part of the immigrant. French society is "only" [sarcasm] 2000-3000+ years old if you trace it back to the Gauls, surely thats reason enough to expect others to adapt to France and not the other way around...Right ?

Last edited by jonaos; 04-11-2011 at 12:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 12:25 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Let me ask you something that you seemigly are way to zealous to gorget. Will Muslim women remove their burka if asked to in public? Will they?
Now answer this, will a motorcycle rider or someone wearing a medical mask remove theirs if asked? Are they allowed to?
I have no idea. What I DO know is there is a VAST difference between saying they can't be worn and saying they must be removed if requested by proper authority.

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
Look, you will be laughed at right before you are schooled on what the law actually is.

Laws are subject to interpretation. Laws that can be interpreted in such a way that they are vague and people cannot tell whether they are violating them or not are - in this country - unconstitutional.

Overbroad laws are also unconstitutional in this country, like a law that bans face coverings that is badly written and could apply to people other than those it intended to regulate.

I realize this is all way too nuanced for you, but do try to keep up.

Quote:
You will be schooled on how the law is only outlawing Muslim religious garb

Zing. Free Exercise and Equal protection violation right there. Your law is now facially unconstitutional in addition to the other problems with it noted in previous posts (were it to be attemped in the US). You are really bad at this.

Quote:
because they ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE IT OFF FOR ANY REASON PERIOD
Period? Again with the absolutes. Absolutes only work in simple mathematics, or for very simple people.

Quote:
and the other weak examples you used CAN and are EXPECTED to when needed. You will be told how there is no comparison and rightfully so.

You aren't getting it.

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
It's a vagueness argument, and again, exactly the kind of question judges have to ponder.

"Does this law lend itself to such broad interpretation that it might catch people that it really wasn't intended to punish?"

These questions only seem stupid to you because you are woefully ignorant of the law and how it works.

You should probably stop now. People like you are the reason the LSAT exists: to weed you out.
What? There is NO argument, you lost. There is absolutely NOTHING you can compare this with where people "will get caught up" in it. It just won't happen you know why? Because it is ONLY the Muslims who won't do what they are asked when it is time to remove the coverings, nobody else, MUSLIMS!

Old 04-11-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post

You aren't getting it.
It's you that doesn't get it. Typical liberal argument here where the goal posts keep moving.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:28 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
This isn't our country. Do you even understand that much?
Also, we are NOT fighting for Muslims to have a better life in OUR country, we are fighting for AMERICANS to have a better life. You know, that thing called ASSIMILATION that Muslims want no part of?
Spare me the BS that bringing democracy to the MUSLIM Iraqis is somehow giving Americans a better life. THAT is just a load of steaming crap!

Old 04-11-2011, 12:29 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
Quote:
What? There is NO argument, you lost. There is absolutely NOTHING you can compare this with where people "will get caught up" in it. It just won't happen you know why? Because it is ONLY the Muslims who won't do what they are asked when it is time to remove the coverings, nobody else, MUSLIMS!
Have you considered decaf, and perhaps a GED?

Old 04-11-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I have no idea. What I DO know is there is a VAST difference between saying they can't be worn and saying they must be removed if requested by proper authority.
There is not a vast difference. They have been asked in the past and refused, that IS WHY they passed the damn law!

Old 04-11-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Spare me the BS that bringing democracy to the MUSLIM Iraqis is somehow giving Americans a better life. THAT is just a load of steaming crap!
You never mentioned Iraq. I took it as if you were talking about America. Next time say what you mean and mean what you say. TIA.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:34 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
I think I will go to France. Nice to see a country actually defend its culture. France has been far to generous with allowing Muslims to mass migrate and not insist they assimilate. Briton is feeling the pain of these people wanting their laws being accepted as the law of the land. When you move to another country, have the respect for the shelter and food given to you and try to become one of them. Good for France.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies