Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 07:40 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,635,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
I don't get it when people make statements implying there is no more racism in American because the President is Black.

Do people really believe that?
I have never heard that statement.

Racism has always been with us and always will be with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
tea party is proof that racism is alive and well.

Democratic party is proof that racism is alive and well.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
In other words, all laws that favor one race over another should be repealed.
Can't get any more "equal" than that.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
of course racism is real
but I personally am soooooo sick of hearing about it!!
If I disagree with president *******, I am a racist
if i say anything about a black person, I am a racist
if I want Eric Holder held in contempt of congress, I am a racist
I mean good grief!!
Since Obama took office, we have gone back years on what progress had been made!!
he is one of the biggest race baiters around
he and the democrats!
I am just sick of everything being black and white
*G*A*G!!!!

Clearly, Obama is a racist. And yes, he has turned back the clock of progress.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:46 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,544,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
In other words, all laws that favor one race over another should be repealed.
Can't get any more "equal" than that.
Its already happening, which is why Asians in this country have so completely replaced whites as the highest economically and educationally in this country.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:45 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,130,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
I never read anyone on this forum saying that racism doesn't exist. What I do read are people being very dishonest about who is responsible for the vast majority of real racism i.e. violent assaults, stabbings, beatings, shootings, constant intimidation tactics and general targetting of people based on their race. They would rather shine the spotlight on harmless, albeit rude and obnoxious namecalling (sticks and stones etc.) in hopes that the real racial violence problem in the US will be continued to be swept under the rug. And of course anyone who points this out will be called a racist.
Just curious here, but, exactly what stabbings, beatings and shootings are you referring to ?? I don't see
a lot of violent racism going on in the USA today. I see a lot of violence, but, most of what I see is a bunch
of equal opportunity criminals killing each other off. Black on black (Chicago), White on White, ect. ect.
Most drug gangs seem to employ anyone violent enough to do the job and they don't care what color you
are. Im not saying racism is dead in America, but, that its blown way out of proportion anymore.

I think stan4 got it right. Why does everyone go to great lengths to point out that Obama is black when
(by his own admission ) he really is 1/2 white ???? How did all this come to be a big issue to start with ?
Racist is the rock you throw (or card you play) when you run out of ammo. It's getting to the point where
the word meaningless.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:52 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,650,303 times
Quote:
I don't get it when people make statements implying there is no more racism in American because the President is Black.

i am not denying that racism exists, however just because one disagrees with obama on policy doesnt mean the disagreement is motivated by racism. i have been accused many times on this board of being racist against obama because i disagree with his policies. the problem the ones that cry racism have is that obamas policies are very similar to what clinton and carter put out, and i disagreed with them also.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:02 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,173,906 times
Quote:

There will always be racism, especially as long as any person is willing to pull the race card as rebuttal to another person.

As far as racism where politics, Obama, Democrats, and Repubicans are concerned... racism is a convenient excuse for not thinking through matters. And at its most disgusting, for media attention.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:51 PM

15,145 posts, read 14,286,254 times
Historically whites have used racism to serve powerful entrenched interests, but what interests does racism serve now? Most whites have no economic stake in the ghetto. They have absolutely nothing to gain from oppressing poor blacks. Myself the only concerns I have, and not just from blacks, but whites and hispanics, asians, whatever other American, is the potential for crime and its reliance on the public purse.

By contrast, it is the civil rights industry which now has a vested interest in the persistence of the ghetto, because the miseries of poor blacks are the best advertisement for continuing programs of racial preferences and set-asides. No one is more committed to the one-drop rule, and more likely to resist its demise, than these professionel blacks whose livelihoods depend on maintaining a large and resentful African American coalition. Publically inconsolable about the fact racism continues, these activists seem privately terrified that it has abated.

The government is not in a good position to improve socialization practices among African Americans, the primary responsibility for cultural restoration lies with the black community itself. Ralph Ellison wrote, " When we finally achieve the right of full participation in American life, what we make of it will depend upon our sense of cultural values, and our creative use of freedom, not upon our racial identification".

One day I hope there will be no hyphenated Americans. Just Americans, gainfully employed Americans, productive members of society.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:08 PM

27,537 posts, read 15,961,225 times
Quote:

Of course not

Beat Whitey Night - Attacks mar Iowa State Fair - NBC-2.com WBBH News - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies