Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 09:56 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,170,476 times

Advertisements

I said that? I don't recall saying that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 09:57 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
So as I've posted before, getting welfare/unemployment is a better solution than Wal*Mart?

Once again, the FACTS concerning the lowest paid jobs in America don't mention Wal*Mart.

America's 25 Worst-Paying Jobs - Forbes.com

You prove once again elitist liberals live in a fantasy world.....

I purchased a shirt at Dillard's, it tore the first time I wore it, Dillard's sells cheap crap.... The Ford Focus I bought has been back to the dealer 6 times for transmission problems, Ford sells unreliable crap. I finally went and bought a Honda......

We can play this game forever......
My point is better salaries for American workers! If 25 companies actually pay worse than Walmart, we are in trouble. We need to fight for higher average wages for Americans. If anyone working full time still needs, and qualifies for, Medicaid, we are going down!

Old 04-12-2011, 09:58 PM

What's amazing is that walmart can earn so much yet pay the employees so little.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:59 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
My point is better salaries for American workers! If 25 companies actually pay worse than Walmart, we are in trouble. We need to fight for higher average wages for Americans. If anyone working full time still needs, and qualifies fo,r Medicaid, we are going down!
Was it Lenin who originally said this?

~ More money for our citizens!

~ Corporations are evil!

~ Redistribute the wealth!

OK, lets raise the minimum wage to $15.00 an hour....

Of course all the things we buy will get quite a bit more expensive but what the heck, we're making more money aren't we?

Old 04-12-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
~DUH~ Did you see my post #114?????

Obviously not......

Evey business has someone who is on the lowest rung of the ladder, to think otherwise is ludicrous...

And you keep on using this lowest rung in the Wal*Mart ladder as the typical salary....

Why don't you cite the yearly wage of a Wal*Mart assistant manager? 35 to 60K
Here are a few salary figures from Wal-Mart:

Quote:
Smith, an alderman in Chicago, presented posters at a city council meeting showing that Walmart CEO Michael Duke's $35 million salary, when converted to an hourly wage, worked out to $16,826.92. By comparison, at a Walmart store planned for the Windy City's Pullman neighborhood, new employees to be paid $8.75 an hour would gross $13,650 a year.
Walmart CEO Michael Duke's Pay: More in an Hour Than Workers Get All Year? - ABC News

Old 04-12-2011, 10:03 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
No kidding. What the article states is walmart had some organic and other higher end merchandise to fit a niche that didn't fair well and not unexpectedly. Walmart is the home of rednecks and welfare recipients, no one with at least an ounce of dignity would be caught dead there.
Wow, so people looking for a bargain have no dignity? People who shop around for the best price have no dignity? Have you taken a glance at any economic reports lately?

Old 04-12-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Riiight, it's better to have American citizens depending on their nanny government for their next meal......
You mean like this?

Quote:
A November 2004 New York Times article cites a study in Georgia that found 10,000 children of Wal-Mart employees were in the state's healthcare program at a cost to taxpayers of $10 million a year. The same article describes a hospital in North Carolina that found that 31 percent of its 1,900 patients were Wal-Mart employees on Medicaid, and an additional 16 percent were Wal-Mart employees with no insurance at all. And in California, a study released in August 2004 by researchers at the University of California at Berkeley determined that the healthcare expenses of uninsured Wal-Mart employees were costing the already economically-strapped state $32 million a year in taxpayer funds.
Transforming - One, Two, Three, Four ... We Don't Want Your Superstore | Is Wal-Mart Good For America? | FRONTLINE | PBS

Quote:
According to figures from the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, Wal-Mart has the most employees relying on tax-funded health care, with more than 15,000 on Medicaid.
100,000 Ohio workers getting Medicaid | Columbus Dispatch Politics (http://www.dispatchpolitics.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/09/30/copy/poverty_sidebar.ART_ART_09-30-09_A4_OPF7SST.html?sid=101 - broken link)

Old 04-12-2011, 10:06 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
What's amazing is that walmart can earn so much yet pay the employees so little.
Yeah, only Wal*Mart makes a large profit and pays their employees so little

Old 04-12-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Wow, so people looking for a bargain have no dignity? People who shop around for the best price have no dignity? Have you taken a glance at any economic reports lately?
I have and this is what I found!

Quote:
Wal-Mart associates only average 32 hours a week, causing many employees to be classified as “part-time,” thus restricting their access to health care and other benefits exclusively earmarked for full-timers. In fact, Wal-Mart wages are so low that the average Wal-Mart worker’s annual salary in 2001 was almost $1,000 below the federal poverty line of $14,630 for a family of three.
Ten Things Wal-Mart Doesn’t Want You To Know - Campus Progress

Old 04-12-2011, 10:07 PM

I said that? Where did I say that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies