Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I believe the estimate of 9 million is...
Overinflated! 24 15.48%
Undercounted! 61 39.35%
Irrelevant! 53 34.19%
Shocking! 7 4.52%
Fantastic! 10 6.45%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:55 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
When whackjob religious organizations and amorphous "family research" organizations are the only ones giving a study airtime as if its gospel, that's a moment to think, "gee, maybe this particular study is not well regarded."
so "pro gay groups" are honest your more delusional then I thought

Quote:
If your truly happy with being straight, why do you care about the gay lifestyle, or are some hiding their true feelings.
because the destruction caused by them is felt by my community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 04:02 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,129 times
9 million is VERY conservative.. I would say 30-50 million atleast... this of course is gay lesbian bisexual ..
most bisexuals don't claim to be gay.. they claim to be straight and then hit us up for sex on the side when their friends aren't around.. just sayin

Old 05-13-2011, 04:09 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times
Now how did I know before looking that your source was NARTH?

Old 05-13-2011, 04:20 PM

31,031 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Now how did I know before looking that your source was NARTH?
And the other groups listed above are traditional liberal leaning groups. How about an indepentdent objective source?

Old 05-13-2011, 04:47 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
9 million is VERY conservative.. I would say 30-50 million atleast... this of course is gay lesbian bisexual ..
most bisexuals don't claim to be gay.. they claim to be straight and then hit us up for sex on the side when their friends aren't around.. just sayin
And oddly they're adverse to guys like me because i'm openly bi!

Last edited by archineer; 05-13-2011 at 05:21 PM..

Old 05-13-2011, 06:16 PM

31,031 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
And oddly they're adverse to guys like me because i'm openly bi!
Hey, but your the "B" in GLBT!

Old 05-14-2011, 01:28 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
no some people don't need that much work on them reading a book like "Heather has 2 mommies" as a bed time story will start the path off all by it self. The fact is if I put the same person in an environment where no one is tolerant of gays they are less much likely to have such desires. The percentage of gays raised by other gays is much higher (this is a percentage not a absolute) then gays raised by straights even in liberal communities. (that's gay kids raised by gay "parents" over total kids raised by gay "parents" compared to gay kids raised normally over total number of kids raised normally)
What nonsense. Where are you getting this?

Old 05-14-2011, 01:33 AM

NARTH? You're joking. That's like going to a KKK group for information about blacks.
NARTH are a religious conservative fringe group who believe in "pray away the gay".

As for your second link:
It wasn't even an actual "study". The guy just read some popular books with stories of carefully selected gay and lesbian families, picked what he wanted and came up with.... well....whatever he wanted to come up with. He has even LESS credibility than the de-registered Paul Cameron... if that's possible

Quote:
But Schumm’s “meta-analysis” (and Cameron’s before him) doesn’t even have the benefit of being built off of random convenience samples. There were no convenience samples in any of the ten prior works that Schumm used for his meta-analysis. In fact, they weren’t even professional studies. They were popular books.

That’s right, each of the ten sources that Schumm used to construct his “meta-analysis” were from general-audience books about LGBT parenting and families, most of which are available on Amazon.com. Schumm read the books, took notes on each parent and child described in the book, examined their histories, and counted up who was gay and who was straight among the kids.

None of the books contained any semblance of a sample — not even a convenience sample, and the authors certainly didn’t do anything approaching an ”important data collection” by any stretch of the imagination. What they did was tell stories, or, rather, helped the families themselves to tell their own stories. The people chosen in each of these volumes were were not picked according to a pre-defined criteria in the manner in which a researcher would construct a sample. They were chosen solely because the authors and editors thought their stories were compelling.
“Children of Homosexuals” Researcher More Apt To Ape Paul Cameron

Last edited by Ceist; 05-14-2011 at 01:43 AM..

Old 05-14-2011, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
so "pro gay groups" are honest your more delusional then I thought

because the destruction caused by them is felt by my community.
So every major health organization is a "pro-gay" group?

Old 05-14-2011, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And the other groups listed above are traditional liberal leaning groups. How about an indepentdent objective source?
How about every major health organization?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies