Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I believe the estimate of 9 million is...
Overinflated! 24 15.48%
Undercounted! 61 39.35%
Irrelevant! 53 34.19%
Shocking! 7 4.52%
Fantastic! 10 6.45%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 12:26 AM

415 posts, read 449,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Contrary to you all, I apparently have a real life to tend to. I'm not ignoring anything.

No, I never said one woman is proof. I said it's more evidence for my side.

I have addressed the question countless times over the time I have been on C-D. Use the search function.
You did ignore it. You posted several things after my question to you in the thread(s).
It's not even evidence. That woman could be bi, could have hidden herself etc. You have not presented any evidence. Thus, you failed to prove pretty much anything.

And nobody would choose to be discriminated against, choose to be harassed, choose to have your basic rights denied.

You can not choose, they can not choose, nobody can choose. End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 12:29 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
You did ignore it. You posted several things after my question to you in the thread(s).
It's not even evidence. That woman could be bi, could have hidden herself etc. You have not presented any evidence. Thus, you failed to prove pretty much anything.

And nobody would choose to be discriminated against, choose to be harassed, choose to have your basic rights denied.

You can not choose, they can not choose, nobody can choose. End of story.
Give me post numbers, I could have missed it.

Nobody's basic rights are denied, either, and I doubt they are discriminated against or harassed on a regular basis due to sexual preference. The hyperbole never ends.

Btw, my point is not to prove anything. I came on this thread and saw one post that I thought was amusing b/c it kind of backs up my side's argument of choice. And now of course I am being attacked for my opinion. What's new?

Old 04-13-2011, 12:32 AM

415 posts, read 449,475 times
Quote:
Give me post numbers, I could have missed it.

Nobody's basic rights are denied, either, and I doubt they are discriminated against or harassed on a regular basis due to sexual preference. The hyperbole never ends.

Btw, my point is not to prove anything. I came on this thread and saw one post that I thought was amusing b/c it kind of backs up my side's argument of choice. And now of course I am being attacked for my opinion. What's new?
Nope, you didn't miss it. I asked it twice.

Of course they are. You're the prime example. You're not being attacked. You are just wrong. 1+1 isn't 3. So I will tell you and correct you.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:12 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Funny to see the same old anti-gay posters claim that they're the real victims. It must be frightening to be so paranoid and delusional.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:37 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Sounds very underinflated. Gays make up anywhere from 2-5% of the population, but when you factor in bisexuals, it's closer to 10% or about 30 million.

And I'm quite certain the statistics on bisexuals is way off, since I think being 100% hetero or 100% homosexual is very uncommon and most people fall somewhere in the middle, even if they will never admit it.
Actually the traditional numbers for gays tend to be 10-11% I personally think it is higher, especially when you bring in the bisexuals.

They say 1/2 of those over the age of 35 that never married are gay... plus a large number that admit it, plus an even larger number that never admit it... I'm sure the numbers are closer to 20%.

What a difference a Gay makes. imagine the difference 60million will make.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:24 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,278 times
Quote:
Well, according to gays, you're born gay, so how can one not know they are gay until they're 55? More evidence to back up the theory that people CHOOSE to be gay.
Do you know the entire story? Was their societal factors in trying to repress the label? Are they bisexual?

Coming out at 55 is not evidence to your theory. Not in the slightest.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:30 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
I was always told that 10% of the population were gay/lesbian.

10% were transgendered.

10% were bi-sexual.

What happened?

Old 04-13-2011, 07:34 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,096 times
That number of 9 million is pure BS!! How do they know that there are only 9 million? No one came to my door and asked me. Besides, many of us think that our sexual orientation is no ones damn business. WHO CARES?? We are here, we aren't going away, and we have no intention of "taking over".....get over it!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:35 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Your "doubt" doesn't matter. Reality does. I can see it in the fundamentalists countries, in the third world countries but I just don't see why so many Americans choose to be nosy about interfering with others' life.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:37 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
That number of 9 million is pure BS!! How do they know that there are only 9 million? No one came to my door and asked me. Besides, many of us think that our sexual orientation is no ones damn business. WHO CARES?? We are here, we aren't going away, and we have no intention of "taking over".....get over it!
How do you know that there aren't fewer?

Nobody wants you to "go away".

It would be nice if you just went about your lives and let the rest of us alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies