Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 04:15 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Good afternoon,

You're not saying anything I don't already know. I am quite aware that society has decided child support is for the child, and I agree with that premise for children who are already born, if the man was given a chance to opt out prior to the max abortion period and he turned it down.

My argument is about giving men the same ability to terminate their parental rights legally during the first few trimesters.

I don't expect most people to agree with my opinion, since many people (including judges) can't remove their own personal feelings from the idea of creating real equality. It's the same reason why many victimless crimes are illegal.
I am pro-choice, and I do agree with your position. Women do indeed have the right to make whatever choice they want with regard to their own bodies. Men also have that same right.

What women do not have is the right to make someone else financially responsible for the decisions they make. Choices come with consequences. The consequence of choosing not to have an abortion is at least 18 years of financial support for that child. Men should have the choice whether or not they will be held financial responsible.

If a woman has the right to choose not to have an abortion, then the man should have the right to choose not to be financially responsible.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:18 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I am pro-choice, and I do agree with your position. Women do indeed have the right to make whatever choice they want with regard to their own bodies. Men also have that same right.

What women do not have is the right to make someone else financially responsible for the decisions they make. Choices come with consequences. The consequence of choosing not to have an abortion is at least 18 years of financial support for that child. Men should have the choice whether or not they will be held financial responsible.

If a woman has the right to choose not to have an abortion, then the man should have the right to choose not to be financially responsible.
Wasn't this done, overdone, beat to death on another thread just last week?
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies