Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 08:11 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You're very strange. Can you not read my posts? I said signing statements were wrong. I've said Obama is breaking the law in countless posts.

What you cannot do is point to a single post of yours taking on Bush for any civil liberties violation or breaking the law.

Please use the advanced search option in this forum and search "Obama" under " titles "started by "padcrasher" and learn how foolish you sound.

Sanrene the reason you have zero credibility in this forum is due to the fact it's plain to see you have no principles that transcend partisan bickering.

You don't have a single post you can give us mildly criticizing "your side"....Lol

You're a classic authoritarian. The rules only apply to the other side and don't apply to your side. Whatever you can score a political hit with, you just go with that. No principles.
Then why are you defending and making excuses for him?

This isn't about me, or the OP, or BUSHBUSHBUSHBUSH. This is about obama's hypocrisy on signing statements. Try not to make it personal.

Oh, my principles are just fine, especially when it comes to this country and the people who are out to "transform" (i.e., destroy and remake in HIS likeness) it.

Again, this is about OBAMA, utilizing a signing statement to circumvent congress - something he RAILED against as a candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 08:22 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Then why are you defending and making excuses for him?

This isn't about me, or the OP, or BUSHBUSHBUSHBUSH. This is about obama's hypocrisy on signing statements. Try not to make it personal.

Oh, my principles are just fine, especially when it comes to this country and the people who are out to "transform" (i.e., destroy and remake in HIS likeness) it.

Again, this is about OBAMA, utilizing a signing statement to circumvent congress - something he RAILED against as a candidate.

Oh great, we are making a little progress. Just list the excuse I made for Obama here in this thread? Or on any matter involving him on civil liberties or Presidential powers?

Sanrene.....do you have the character to admit you have no examples of you criticizing any GOPer for their actions harming civil liberties or the rule of Law?

Old 04-15-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh great, we are making a little progress. Just list the excuse I made for Obama here in this thread? Or on any matter involving him on civil liberties or Presidential powers?
Well then, why are you trying to turn this into BUSHBUSHBUSH?

If you agree he is wrong to utilize signing statements, the very thing he railed and campaigned against, just say so and leave it at that. No need to make it personal or bring BUSHBUSHBUSH into it.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:31 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Do you remember candidate obama? Do you remember all the promises he made about being above "politics as usual", being a new kind of president, one that would "change" America, "change" the tone in DC, "change" the way Washington did business?

That's why it's a problem. No other president has made so many promises and commitments to "change" the way he would conduct himself than this president.

No we have a long, long list of obama doing things that he RAILED against, that he CAMPAIGNED against during the election.

That is hypocrisy at it's finest and demonstrate all his slogans, imagery and flowery rhetoric were just LIES. He is the ultimate fraud and con-man.

Gosh, I don't recall campaigning on NOT doing signing statements, like obama did. He railed against them, the Left on here RAILED against them and now that obama is doing that which he scorned...you're A-ok with it.

A better question to ask is - do YOU remember how the Left felt about signing statements when Bush was in office? If you DO, how do YOU reconcile the different response?
I think his 2012 Campaign Slogan should be "My Way" with Frank Sinatra singing softly in the background.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:22 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
The budget for "White House Czars" can not be cut because there is no budget for "White House Czars". In fact there are no "Czars" other then as an easier way of remembering long and wordy job titles and in a few cases no doubt for no other reason so that the cons can say "Look! another Czar!"

Old 04-16-2011, 11:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
The budget for "White House Czars" can not be cut because there is no budget for "White House Czars". In fact there are no "Czars" other then as an easier way of remembering long and wordy job titles and in a few cases no doubt for no other reason so that the cons can say "Look! another Czar!"
Someone pays them so where does the money come from ?
SS or medicare funds maybe

Old 04-16-2011, 11:29 AM

From the link
One rider – Section 2262 — de-funds certain White House adviser positions – or “czars.” The president in his signing statement declares that he will not abide by it.

So now all White House advisors are "czars"??

Old 04-16-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Someone pays them so where does the money come from ?
SS or medicare funds maybe
The money comes from the same place as it did when Bush was President and cons didn't get all prissy about "czars"

Old 04-16-2011, 11:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
The money comes from the same place as it did when Bush was President and cons didn't get all prissy about "czars"
So Obama, the man who was all about "change" is now being defended for upholding BAU ??

"Bush did it so my guy can do it too".

Hope for Change but settle for BAU because now a Dem is doing it.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:59 PM

Just a simple little question; Congress controls the purse strings, so how does obama figure he will pay for his czars?

He is trashing the constitution with this illegal SS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies