Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 06:30 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,217,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

This is what the far right wanted in 2008/ in charge of nuking Iran.

Scary if McSame won. We'd all be dead now cos of a brain--dead V.P. Plus the image is photo-shopped.lol.
The real deal.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7hzB0CT4wY...N_SOURFACE.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 07:19 PM

764 posts, read 597,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Did Barack Obama serve in the U.S. Military?

Did Bill Maher ever serve in the U.S. Military?

Did Keith Olbermann ever serve in the U.S. Military?

What's your point?
They aren't the ones who constantly beat their chests and acted like they were tough sh*t while sending 20 year olds out to die.

Bush got his daddy to let him join the National Guard, so did Quayle. Cheney and Rove took deferments. Atleast Gore and Kerry went to Vietnam...

Old 04-17-2011, 07:24 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
People who feel they are above serving always have a litany of excuses ranging from national policy to the alleged inferiority of those who do serve. I live outside of an Army Base and every day I meet fine intelligent young people who are not above "asking what you can do for your country".

Old 04-17-2011, 07:26 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
People who feel they are above serving always have a litany of excuses ranging from national policy to the alleged inferiority of those who do serve. I live outside of an Army Base and every day I meet fine intelligent young people who are not above "asking what you can do for your country".

Thanks! Fort Huachuca I take it? I was there for a while 4 years ago.

That quote from JFK is something I always carry with me.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:49 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
You sure you weren't more served than serving?

Old 04-17-2011, 07:55 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Thanks oldtimer

lol she is verrrry scary without photoshop and botox!!! It must help to have have an alcoholic husband.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:11 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
It must help to have have an alcoholic husband.
Where have you heard this?? All I seen was a DUI when he was 22, I don't think that makes him a alcoholic.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:17 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
It was public record if you are an attorney or have Lexis/Nexis at your access.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:36 AM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
So, if I were to claim to believe in strong law enforcement and lauded the police and the job they do, I need to become a cop?
And if I don't I'm a coward or a liar?
We went to war because our national security was in danger, unfortunately Bush didn't feel the need to have a draft along with his braintrust, quick in-and-out, mission accomplished.

When you go to war you should go as a nation not with less than 1 % of the population and some contractors. If you really believe there is threat, as was the case with the constant droning on from the right about "the war on terror", then yes people like Sean Hannity should have stepped up to the plate. No need to become a cop, there is no national threat.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:59 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
They aren't the ones who constantly beat their chests and acted like they were tough sh*t while sending 20 year olds out to die.

Bush got his daddy to let him join the National Guard, so did Quayle. Cheney and Rove took deferments. Atleast Gore and Kerry went to Vietnam...
Do you have a problem with the national Guard. Are you aware thousands lost their lives in Viet Nam.

Do you hate Biden as much since he got 5 deferments also? And let's not forget draft dodger Bill Clinton who sent troop into Somalia and then abandon them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies